Best Thread Capital Spreads

perhaps i can save TL some time - i cld only manage 2 days back but still heres some choice snippets....

caveat emptor indeed, your wisest words ever. and you disagree with their call, fair enough - cos you have done the analysis and it just doesnt fit your prognosis.....

eh? sorry? you mentalist.

so you stick the $25 paid for FX signal on a live indices call thread, then claim to disagree with it with 0 analysis backing up either way, and then call it out saying you took it and have bagged profits.

are you a minicab driver?

and how well did you know Derek?

Nothing more boring than individuals who trawl for cheap shots........
Amazing that I can spend 5-6 months in the sun Annually to be honest.....

Really need to get that up to 7-8 as getting a tadge pasty in Autumn time.....

Jub Jub loser.........:LOL:

Edited.........Or perhaps you're sour because you'll never have the option to wake up with a ladyboy.

Hi my first post!

Just noticed there's 1pt spread in Wall Street on Capital Spreads and white labels.
Dunno if it's been discussed already or when it changed.
Didn't get any announcements from them AFAIKR.

I think it was from today.

Simon, can you tell me if the 1pt spread on wall st is all day or otherwise? Thanks.

Had to look about 5 times before I could believe my eyes seeing that spread. ;-)
Highly doubt they would keep the 1pt out of hours tho. Just hope they keep at least the 2pt out of hours.

Yes I noticed they have 1 point spread on the Dow, good news. I have been waiting for it for some time. However there are fraction of 0.50 of a point. Still it is much better than the 2 whole points as one can trade on the price action of the instrument. Interesting to find out how well they execute, and if they can avoid sending the irritating "price no longer valid" message. I hope it will work out for CS and judging by their excellent performance this last year I don't really see a problem.

It is now just after 9pm BST. Spread has reverted to 2 on wall st. I wonder if they can extend the tighter spread in the morning rather than from 1430? As is being offered elsewhere.

I think it was from today.

Simon, can you tell me if the 1pt spread on wall st is all day or otherwise? Thanks.
They didn't cover the US after market, I didn't expect they would, no big deal really. Good that CS finally came to realize the 1 point spread (2 tick spread) on the DOW as I like to trade it with them as well.

It is now just after 9pm BST. Spread has reverted to 2 on wall st. I wonder if they can extend the tighter spread in the morning rather than from 1430? As is being offered elsewhere.
I doubt it very much, 2 point spread is still OK off hours.

Who offers 1 point out of hours? I will take those bitchez to the cleaners!!

CMC seem to offer 0.7 on Wall st. Not after 9pm but I think in the morning perhaps from 7am. At least on the demo.

the dealers finally agreed to move to 1 pip on US30 . we will be cutting other markets in the near future. systems seem to be getting faster and faster these days ...

.. so i suppose the real winner in all of this is the client. I remember 9 years ago when Capital Spreads launched with 4 points on the Dow virtually halving some of our competitors' spreads... sigh... profitability was a bit easier in those days!

cheers

simon

the dealers finally agreed to move to 1 pip on US30 . we will be cutting other markets in the near future. systems seem to be getting faster and faster these days ...

.. so i suppose the real winner in all of this is the client. I remember 9 years ago when Capital Spreads launched with 4 points on the Dow virtually halving some of our competitors' spreads... sigh... profitability was a bit easier in those days!

cheers

simon
Ha ha, yes it is a tough world out there. Thank you for the 1 point spread on the Dow. I hope you will be a winner as well, as CS will definitely attract more traders to join them.

cheers

simon

Yes, the not so good old days of huge spreads, crashing platforms and dial-up internet connections that took about five minutes to load a page. We shouldn't grumble so much.:)

dial up connections.... i had forgotten about them.

It is curious but, as it was so new, we never thought it was slow at the time. Now... if a site takes more than 15/20 seconds to come up i tend to get twitchy

Simon

I remeber ig charging 20 point spread for the dow out of hours with guaranteed stop pre 2000 mind.