Best Thread Capital Spreads

Hi, BT. I'm not saying it can't be done, but, you've got to know what you are doing.

RUDEBOY said:
Hi, BT. I'm not saying it can't be done, but, you've got to know what you are doing.
Agree. Although I do rather trade EUR/USD on CME futures. as the market gives you time to buy the Bid if one wants to go long so in affect I am only paying half a tick That is my commission, at $6 r/t... If you look at the EUR/USD it ticks 1 to 2 ticks spread, This is why you can get away with buying the bid nearly always, If I don't get filed at the bid I am willing to chase the bid up to 3 times. I can do this on my trading platform Ninja trader automatically. With Berkeley Futures. But This dont work when trading the S&P so well, when buying the bid as you know if you trade this instrument.. If I can get away with it spread betting I will, but as soon as they funky me around I will be off, back to futures trading. The beauty of spread betting is you dont have to worry about Tax and exchanging dollars in to pounds. and its easy to with draw money and it's based in pounds although most of the time you are trading dollors instruments.This has got to be an advanage.

The bottom line, I think spread betting as got a place in the market and they all can only improve with so much competition around :)

Well lets see how quickly Capital Spreads correct the delayed executions / filtered fills problem. To blame it on the Internet is pathetic, considering that ALL the other companies manage to cope with it, as tested and discussed.

What is needed is a change of policy back to fair way of operating and a open desire to be fair to the client.

Lets see some action, right away. Not a promise.

If I enter a trade and Capital Spreads delay as the cannot cope with the volumn of trades they have (if this is the reason), I still deserve to be filled at the price I entered, even if the price has moved in my favour.

microsoft said:
Well lets see how quickly Capital Spreads correct the delayed executions / filtered fills problem. To blame it on the Internet is pathetic, considering that ALL the other companies manage to cope with it, as tested and discussed.

What is needed is a change of policy back to fair way of operating and a open desire to be fair to the client.

Lets see some action, right away. Not a promise.

If I enter a trade and Capital Spreads delay as the cannot cope with the volumn of trades they have (if this is the reason), I still deserve to be filled at the price I entered, even if the price has moved in my favour.

Capital Spreads are not the worst when it comes to slow platforms has anyone ever tried the Finspreads platform????

Microsoft

I agree with you totally.

I really think it is best to stop using Capital Spreads until we see here in this thread that these issues have been sorted out.

I think that they will have to show that they are better than the others to get me using them again.

over 20 rejected trades today! 1 point move price has expired. abosolutely useless. I give up on your platform useless

We hope for some serious action from Capital Spreads, though expect just a PR job. Lets wait and see................

DESKPRO

I have a Finspreads account. I don't like the platform, which is awkward. Capital Spreads platform is much better. You just need to open multiple windows with Capital to make it effective.

Finspreads still offer near instant fills and hardly any requotes. I have traded up to 45 pounds a point with them, with out any monkey business.

microsoft said:
DESKPRO

I have a Finspreads account. I don't like the platform, which is awkward. Capital Spreads platform is much better. You just need to open multiple windows with Capital to make it effective.

Finspreads still offer near instant fills and hardly any requotes. I have traded up to 45 pounds a point with them, with out any monkey business.

That is just it. It is the platform that capitalspread has that has kept me with them this far.

On a side note I'm an half decent programmer. It would be relatively simple to automate quotes based on underlying and then to only accept trades within certain parameters and automatically hedge if required. All in the space of < 1 second...

However we need to look at Capitals model. Perhaps the fairest FX platform is IdealPro which gets liquidity from several providers. Sometimes you do get slippage. Normally the spread on GBP is 2 to 3 pips. That means that Capital quoting a 3 pip spread makes it uncertain that they will make money on the spread if they hedge. To me that sums up the position.

They have to stop fills that go in someones favour thus artifically making the spread bigger whilst maintaining the stance that our spread is only 3 pips. Great marketing ploy...

JonnyT

It's also known as cheating.

The CMC, Finspreads ect spread of 3 on Euro, is much better value than Capital Spreads spread of 2. Work that one out !

I doubt that anything will change, as what motivation do they have to change it. OK so a few clients reading this thread might go elswhere, though they are still milking the vast majority.

The statement from Simon that under 25sec is just about OK, must sum up the companies attitude. Ok for who ? Well it is definately OK for Capital Spreads.

Based on Capital Spreads filtering out 10% of my attempted trades (not being filled), I have just figured out how much they have ripped me for, in the last 6 months. It is a frightening amount. And believe me the 10% figure is an extremely conservative estimate.

The minimum a client can expect, in any business, is that the service is at least the same as the competition.

A great marketing ploy but stay away !

JonnyT said:
On a side note I'm an half decent programmer. It would be relatively simple to automate quotes based on underlying and then to only accept trades within certain parameters and automatically hedge if required. All in the space of < 1 second...

However we need to look at Capitals model. Perhaps the fairest FX platform is IdealPro which gets liquidity from several providers. Sometimes you do get slippage. Normally the spread on GBP is 2 to 3 pips. That means that Capital quoting a 3 pip spread makes it uncertain that they will make money on the spread if they hedge. To me that sums up the position.

They have to stop fills that go in someones favour thus artifically making the spread bigger whilst maintaining the stance that our spread is only 3 pips. Great marketing ploy...

JonnyT

Last edited:
microsoft said:
There is no point in having a platform if there is no train.
I said this far I did not say into the future. I have a cmc account which I use. on nfp I put in a trade a the same time on deal4free and capitalspreads. Capitalspreads got rejected I got 30points.

It seems it happens to only forex???

I will be moving on if it keeps up like this. ;)

Just work out how much they have taken you for, over a 6 month period, by delay and filtering. More than a few pints. They must be rubbing their hands on NFPR Fridays.

i am going to vote with my feet here. had an account with cp for about 18 months and have noticed this not getting filled issue getting tougher and tougher. I don't understand why they can get away with it when most of the other companies play it fair.