Best Thread Capital Spreads

Marvin

As i said we have already built the binary model. It has been working for 2 weeks versus IG, Cantors and now Finspreads... To make it a proper test we have actually been trading it and we are very nicely up at the moment whilst taking virtually no risk !

But like you I would recommend the FinCAD model to anybody wishing to trade options or binaries. I used it many years ago when trading Swaptions/Caps/Floors and found it to be rather better than many of the mainframe models. (of course it needs alot of work to get to the parameters you want)

Simon

jaykay

not exactly but we are about to launch our own fx platform and we will look at tagging the SB platform onto this.

Simon

Hi
I have just picked up on this thread as I use Capital Spreads - am very happy with service and the new features for limits and orders make it v close to some other sb. I would like to trade on the move and am considering purchasing a mobile (Sony Ericson) are Capital Spreads able to offer a mobile service or like IG Index are all phones with web browers able to access the site.? (Sorry if this has been dealt with already on this thread have read back a bit and didnt see any mention)

I asked the same question a couple of weeks back. The answer is they are looking into it but because phones have such small processing capability it is difficult to ensure the prices are spot on real time. I think they are trying to achieve something but its not easy.

Verno said:
I asked the same question a couple of weeks back. The answer is they are looking into it but because phones have such small processing capability it is difficult to ensure the prices are spot on real time. I think they are trying to achieve something but its not easy.
Thanks
have decided to go for blackberry and will use other sb comp if on move. will let t2w know how it goes. :D LJE

danfreek

BPB are already quoted in our quarterly markets under 'B' (not surprisingly)

we will add it to our rolling bet page today.

Simon

Cheers Simon, I noticed the futures, but I did mean the rolling bet, I should have been clearer.

Thank you.

Trade Exections

I have noticed during the past few days that the execution of trades has improved tremendously!

Keep up the good work.

Hello Simon

Can you introduce The Russell 2000 Cash & futures. It is a bigger market than the Dow YM if you take a look at the volume. I know DFF offer this at 3 point spread on the Cash market & 5 points on the Russell futures.

See if you can beat them and offer 2 ticks on the Cash market and 4 ticks on the futures. I am thinking strongly to trade this instrument. At the moment I trade it using www.globalfutures.com

But if you can put this on you platform The Russell I will trade it ,but 2 ticks on the cash and 4 on the futures.I am sure you could do this.See Simon one must ask or he wont get.

rgs

sun

Hi Simon,

I'm playing with a CS demo account at the moment - to see how I like it. Good so far. I had an email link to the Dealing Room, which appears to be very similar to CS and run by you as well. Is there a reason for doing this? Would you be allowed to have an account with CS and Dealing Room?

sun123

i will look at this market and see what my dealers think. The fact that it is a bigger market is not actually the over-riding criteria. In reality the EuroStoxx 50 is the biggest index market in europe but hardly any of our clients ever makes a trade on it. Likewise in the states, the S&P is the biggest market by far but our clients trade the wall street future over the S&P by a factor of 4 to 1. It is just what our clients are happy with and recognise.

JillyB

we do offer SB services for several companies there is no problem about clients owning multiple accounts.

All
we have now added a csv application to the web site which allows an excel download of all your trades from the Trade History page.

Simon

Simon

1. If a client places an order and cancels it, does this have to be cancelled your end by a human or does the system do it ?

2. If a client places and order and prices goes through it and you have not confirmed the order your side, can it be cancelled by the client ?

3. If a client places an order and price shoots through it does it always get filled only at the specified price ? Would you ever a. fill at another price against the client or b. return a could not fill message.

4. Any chance of getting the trade ticket time out removed !

SpreadBetteur

Spreadbetteur said:
Simon

4. Any chance of getting the trade ticket time out removed !

SpreadBetteur

I'll second that. This is the only annoying thing I am finding about the trading platform - via my current demo account. I set the value and go back to my charts waiting for my entry point, when i get there and I click back to CS, the ticket has timed out and I have to start again. Quite annoying - any chance of doing something about this? Please :cheesy:

capitalspreads said:
sun123

i will look at this market and see what my dealers think. The fact that it is a bigger market is not actually the over-riding criteria. In reality the EuroStoxx 50 is the biggest index market in europe but hardly any of our clients ever makes a trade on it. Likewise in the states, the S&P is the biggest market by far but our clients trade the wall street future over the S&P by a factor of 4 to 1. It is just what our clients are happy with and recognise.

Simon

Thanks simon

Yes, I know what you are saying. Bigger the market don't mean more of your clients trade it But thanks for looking, it to the Russell 2000 for me

sun.

Simon

In which order are trades confirmed your end, in the order in which they are placed or in value ?

I am wondering will there be less delay and quicker confirmation if I increase my stakes ?

Microsoft

Trades are confirmed as they come in.

Of course if we see 100 a point on the Wall Street the dealer may pick it up first (as obviously our risk is much greater on a big trade) but in general the deals are done in order that they come in.

Spreadbetteur

1. if a client cancels an order the computer will automatically delete it.

2. Yes if you are quick BUT you must check whether the order has been filled in your open positions (over the next 30 secs or so) even if you receive an e-mail confirming the change. If we are late filling an order and you then amend or cancel the order this does not negate the fact that the order could have been legitimately filled in the first place.

3. In fast moving markets there may be slippage on orders.

4. We are working on this but the upgrade required is some way off.

Simon

Simon

I fairly new to spread betting and have just started using your company and have set up a demo account. This maybe a newbie question but i am gonna ask you anyway.

How can the FTSE 100 continue to trade till 5:30 when the market has closed at 4:30?

Thanks

Stephen

capitalspreads said:
we have now added a csv application to the web site which allows an excel download of all your trades from the Trade History page.Simon

Simon,
I tried your csv history download, thanks for that - it's useful - BUT, it only went back as far as May. Is the prior history lost? I started using your service in January, and I'd like to get a complete record of my trading, but can't see this online or in the csv, even though your screen says "download COMPLETE trade history" ...

Perhaps you could limit the history on the screen, but allow the FULL history in the CSV :?:

Thanks