Best Thread Capital Spreads

I'd like an option to set my own stop at the time I place the trade though - rather than having to accept the default (which may expose me to a greater risk than I'm comfortable with) and then manually amend it seconds later.

Hear hear!

For me, the way it goes for a typical bet is this:

1. Click onto My Positions to find the market I want.)
2. Open the bet via the dialog box.
3. Shift to Orders and amend the S/L.
4. Add a limit.
5. click onto My Positions to monitor the bet.
(6. Posibly shift to Orders to ammend either limit or S.L when market changes.)

A lot of this clicking frenzy for just one bet could be avoided with the ability to specify my S/L and limit when I open the bet... and it does take time and - sorry, Simon - is a bit convuluted..

Maybe something is going to go in this direction when the new conditional order function comes into play?

Jyde, Tulaine

yes the new conditional order system will include a pre stop and, if you wish, a pre limit function. this should be available next month

Simon

capitalspreads said:
the new conditional order system will include a pre stop and, if you wish, a pre limit function. this should be available next month
That'll be VERY welcome!

capitalspreads said:
Jyde, Tulaine

yes the new conditional order system will include a pre stop and, if you wish, a pre limit function. this should be available next month

Simon

Simon, capital news - if you will pardon the pun. I, for one, am looking very much forward to it!
Thank you.

Are Capital Spreads planning to give clients a realtime data feed ? The 15 min delayed is quite useless for the intra day trader. I heard there was some talk of it several months ago, any more news on what clients can expect regarding this aspect of your services ?

regards.

seancass

What do we offer over D4F?

We offer pretty much the same spreads as CMC but because of our stops policy or margin requirements are substantially less.
Whereas D4F charge +/- 3% on overnight rolling we only charge +/-2% and, when you work out the costs on highly leveraged positions, the savings can be very significant .
Our dealing platform is web based and does not rely on downloads (which can affect your pc) which even on my highly powered pc takes some time to install and load.
As you can read from general comments on these threads our customer relations are exceptionally good...so we obviously must be doing something right.

And finally I find our trading platform rather easier to use (but that is just my opinion of course)

To be fair though D4F have several benefits over us which I wont go into!!

Perrington

charts are a continuing problem... I can only suggest that if you need real time charts you should use another provider for the information and use us to trade ! We continue to work on the bringing charts to you but this is not near term (sorry)
Simon

Last edited:
Hi CS,
Question, I am only using your demo version at the moment but was wondering if it is possible to place Orders out of market hours for say the next days trading. I want to use CS to trade EOD and want to place my orders the night before. It does not seem possible on the demo account, is this possible using a normal account?
Regards
ZA

zatinus

at the moment you cannot place out of hours orders but we are working to offer this in the near future. Of course any gapping on the open of a market would be applicable to such an order (just as a warning!) as some of our clients have the impression that we will fill at order levels no matter what!

Simon

HI everyone
Quick one.Why are cs quotes quite a bit different compared to other sb companies and actual price. (and it always goes against me!!).

millsy500

ummm

a bit difficult this one as I dont know which markets you are talking about and which other SB companies you are comparing us with.

But I can say that as we never adjust / bias our prices I think that this question might better be asked of our competitors who often do!

This does not mean that we don't occassionally make mistakes! Many of the markets on which we make prices depend upon Fair Value and/or interest rate adjustments and occasionally we get these slightly wrong. But in a day to day trading situation our prices are consistently fair and reflect the current market quotes. (i.e we dont tend to move the Fair Value during the trading day)

Simon

Simon / CS

A question for you, I do not know if this had already been covered so I apologise if that is the case but I do not have the time to run through the thread.

On Friday afternoon last week I monitored your real time price of the FTSE rolling daily quote from both the autoquote (trade ) window and the index page from my account (not demo account). During a period of roughly an hour I observed that the price changed in these 2 windows but not at the same time. Sometimes the autoquote change in advance of the index page on my portfolio screen and sometimes the other way round. However sometimes there was a delay of 20 - 30 seconds before one window changed and the other followed suit. At times the autoquote would therefore offer a less favourable entry price by 1 point against that of the portfolio / index page.

Can you explain this please as I was under the impression both price sources were real time and correct.

Simon, minor detail, but do you think it would be possible to do something about the changing value in the level input field when opening a bet (Trade button)?
Ex. If I click the Trade button, enter my level, then change it from a Buy to a Sell, the app changes my entered level.
Minor irritation, but when the music is playing and things are moving fast...

All the best....

kevin 546

the price ticker as seen on the general screens will update on different time scales (depending on which area you are looking at) BUT if you actually had a trade ticket open the prices will (or should) update at the same time. The reason for this is that with thousands of clients holding a huge number of differing portfolios your client area does not revalue your whole portfolio as often as the live trading area. With the deal ticket open it will update real time although you will see behind the deal ticket that the screen may not yet have moved.

Jyde

I was only made aware of this a few days ago (I assume you are talking about the new order ticket function) the system was designed for the dealer to choose his direction (buy/sell) and then pick the price he/she desires . Not the other way round. But I can see that it may cause problems. I will see whether this can be changed in the functionality.

Simon

My account today :rolleyes: :?:

Attachments

• cs.png
    cs.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 252
Simon, not wishing to push it, but do you think there is any chance of having an amount in the Close bet dialog (pre-populated with the ful size)?

I ask as when I want to close part position, I have to switched from Open Positions to the actual market and by/sell from there.
I take time (clicking) and when the piano plays with speed, is a bit prone to mistakes.

I think someone else mentioned it eons ago, but am not sure...

All the best...

capitalspreads said:
zatinus

at the moment you cannot place out of hours orders but we are working to offer this in the near future. Of course any gapping on the open of a market would be applicable to such an order (just as a warning!) as some of our clients have the impression that we will fill at order levels no matter what!

Simon

CS
Thanks for the reply, gapping understood. When will this functionality be available?
Regards
za

jyde

i have put this request to the development team

zatinus

no time scale at the moment but it should not be too difficult

Simon