Best Thread Capital Spreads

Capitalspreads/simon

Many thanks for your reply.

Do you have any problems with persons placing additional bets on the same instrument rather than placing a single larger deal. For example a pyramid approach, where during a trend there are periods where a new position can be considered. On an intraday basis this could lead to as many as 6 positions being taken at different times and prices. I would not expect it to be a problem entering but at £20 or £30 a time it could take the client over the max for an instrument when it was time to close.

Some SB companies prefer to deal with a single large amount and this can restrict betting styles. I am not talking about placing 6 £20 or £30 deals one after the other in a matter of seconds but of a distinct style of trading that could cover several hours.

milt

we have no minimum order requirement.... we are as polite and professional to our £1 a point players as to the £500 ones. The initial order (opening order) is placed in our system by the dealer and when it is filled the stop/limit orders are placed by the monitoring dealer.

kevin

I am amazed that anyone would have a problem with this form of trading. Each and every trade stands alone as far as we are concerned. So long as the client has the funds to run all of his/her bets then it is entirely their personal choice as to how a position is built up. We have no limit as to total positions in a market but we do have a limit to individual bets. (i.e currencies we allow single bets of up to £100 but you could have a position of £300 )

we have heard that Man group are starting up but we have no idea of their launch date etc.from our point of view it is a great developement that such a large FTSE 100 company should be throwing their wieght behind Spread Betting as the increased media exposure will benefit us as well.....

oddly my IT developers chose yesterday to inform me that they are ready to start on the order module upgrade so..fingers crossed it should not be too far away.

tradesmart

of course i meant 'when' ..honest.. really ...errrrr . It is just that when our smaller clients are consistent winners we may not notice until thier P/L levels impact our radar

good trading

Simon

Last edited:
Milt

have now found Man groups spread betting web page

spreads are wider than us in nearly all markets ....minimum stake size £2 ....must put at least £1000 up ...£0 with us.....fewer markets.......application process aaarrrgghhh ! i think they also wanted my inside leg measurement.
online launch date "sometime" in the forth quarter

i assume that this is their first effort so it will probably get better.... but at the moment "no worrys" for us...but a bit disappointing for clients.

Simon

"but a bit disappointing for clients"......LOL...Simon, your tongue was so far into your cheek your eye balls were bulging

Simon

Once again thank you for your reply and my thoughts exactly!

Out of interest when do you review your prices and are you likely to match the best spread (out of the spreadbetters) on the FTSE cash/daily at 2 points. I appreciate your spreads across the board are tight and in some cases match the best and sometimes better. I just wondered if you are prepared to go that further step and either match or beat your competitors hands down. You certainly win my vote for customer service and I am not a customer,LOL.

kevin

deal 4 free daily FTSE is a 'rolling' bet which is slightly different to ours ...but we are about to launch rolling bets and our spread on the rolling daily ftse will be 2 and we wont be charging anywhere near the 6% bid/offer rolling interest charge that d4f inflict.

ps why aren't you a client when we are so cuddly and nice and wonderful and.....(insert any compimentry word you feel like).

simon

After all that we then blow the entire company net profits on a big mac and fries (small size)

Well, I personally feel that Simon's efforts on this thread should be rewarded with quite a few new accounts, so that he can afford a 'whopper' and only blow half the company net profits..

Well done that man.....!

Simon

Do you have a time frame for the launch of the rolling daily FTSE with a 2 point spread. You know you are slipping you could have taken D4F on by offering it at 1.5 or 1,LOL

Could you explain how the rolling bet is different to your own instrument. I know you close the prices differently but I cannot see what benefit this would be to someone who does not hold overnight, although I do like the fact you cannot trade the FTSE after hours. Does this mean a position held overnight would not be stopped out until the next morning should the US markets pull the FTSE up out of hours.

What will the rolling charge be and will you be keeping your existing instrument or replacing it with the rolling cash price. Will this launch affect other instruments with lower spreads such as the DAX etc.

How are you getting on with the real time charts, if you have got them are the reliable and what exactly do your charts offer.

As for being a customer, give me the launch date for the rolling cash and I will be signing up in time for them although I may want 2 accounts.

Many thanks

Kevin

As a matter of interest, Simon, are there any other BB's that offer you a similar platform/CS forum to ours?

Chartman

Why don't you offer it to the other companies however some might get really slated and knowing this will not wish to take you up on the offer. But if they could be encouraged it may help to sort out some matters.

Kevin

ive got a request for you Simon.

any chance of putting a clock on your website?

miniscule request i know, but it would really help.

thanks

fc

FC - you're not taking those reversal times I posted on the Dow thread too seriously are you...?

They might be a few seconds out........LOL......!... :LOL:

Simon - A rolling cash product with a tight spread and g/teed stop would be extremely useful for us options traders. Do you offer g/teed stops ? If not, any chance ? Also at what cost ? Say an extra point or so on FTSE ?

Steve.

Kevin456 and others.... the other SB co's have had ample opportunity to put comments/ responses on this BB. Their potential loss, not ours.The amount of goodwill generated by CS/Simon is probably immeasurable.His marketing director must be chuffed to bits... :cheesy:

kevin

the rolling bets will be charged/paid at Base rate plus/minus 2% (D4F is libor plus/minus 3%).

so for a £10 up bet in the FTSE the client would be charged around 10 x 4600 x (4.75 + 2.0)/36500 or £8.50 per day . The client would receive dividend reductions in the FTSE price i.e if there were a few big bank dividends on one day which took 10 points out of the FTSE index price the client would receive 10 X 10 or £100 pounds. If the client was short £10 pounds a point he would receive 10 x 4600 x (4.75 - 2.0)/36500 or £2.83 per day. but would pay on dividend days. (good business for me if I have as many clients long as short !! ) and the position stays open until the client wishes to close it.

our ordinary daily bet expires at the official close on the FTSE ... you can trade in and out of either bet type whenever you wish during trading hours.. we do quote the FTSE out of hours but at the moment only over the phone. If our phone price goes through a stop or limit level (generally, as you say, in the evening with the Dow moving) then that will also be activated.

So for clients trading and closing on the same day the rolling bet will be the best option but for any longer our monthly prices are probably better. (we quote next March FTSE at 4 points wide unlike ALL of our competitors who widen the spread the further out you go)

Chartman

I dont know if they offer it to other SB companies . none has offered it to me and I would be unlikely to comment on any other site as the time involved, athough individually not great, would become burdensome.

Live charts are becoming my bete noire ..... it is the one area that is not controlled by my IT developement team but by my data suppliers... I have very little leverage over how quickly they work (or even if they do work !!) as we are a small fish in a big sea. But I am assured that there is movement. But then again I also believe the client who tells me "the cheques in the post" so what would I know !!

Steve

sorry we do not offer guaranteed stops. But in fact if anyone ever added up all the times they have paid for a Guarateed stop as against how many time the actual guaratee part if it is relevent as against just having an ordinary stop they would soon find that the payment was just not worth it. That is not the only reason we do not offer guaranteed stops which is also to do with our own company risk criteria.

Fettered Chino

uummm every PC has the time displayed in the bottom RH corner which you can update against the Grenwich mean time clock whenever you want ....so... much as i hate to be a bit negative I dont think that we will be doing this

Quiet day today here so good luck everyone

Simon

ChartMan said:
Kevin456 .The amount of goodwill generated by CS/Simon is probably immeasurable.His marketing director must be chuffed to bits... :cheesy:

Absolutely right CM. I opened an account with CS because I was impressed by the willingness of Simon to participate in the Board and the frankness of his comments and replies to questions.

Regards,

ivorm said:
Absolutely right CM. I opened an account with CS because I was impressed by the willingness of Simon to participate in the Board and the frankness of his comments and replies to questions.

Regards,

I completely agree. That was my reason, too.

Fettered Chinos

I found a little exe called transparent clock which your welcome to...just let me have your email. It can sit on top, is see thru (of course) and can be made any size that suits you.

WR

Fettered Chinos

I found a little exe called transparent clock which your welcome to...

Fettered Chino

uummm every PC has the time displayed in the bottom RH corner

I don't see why he doesn't just use his Rolex..........

He's probably got one on each wrist......!

Come on, own up FC........... ;)

Last edited:
Ivor & Roberto

Regarding your accounts with Capitalspreads following the positive attitude and comments by Simon on this thread, have you found them to be all that you expected. Could you elaborate.

Chartman

I quite agree!

Simon/Capitalspreads

Thank you for your reply. Do you have a date or time frame for the rolling cash launch. Do you have a facility for an order to be confirmed on screen rather than by e-mail. Could you produce an e-mail summary of trades at the end of the day rather than a single e-mail for every trade, stop and close.

This taken from another thread but an interesting thought and wonder if you might comment:

Of course whatever the spread the disadvantage with SB remains in that the higher the amount you bet then the commission (the spread is the commission) increases a lot and probably CFDs are more financially prudent to use. Spreadbetting is still best for relatively small bets.
I am surprised a SB company has not come up with a method of gradually reducing commissions the greater the amount staked. I am sure the "Big Players" are quoted narrower spreads.

Kevin