Best Thread Capital Spreads

Yes correct. The stop loss in points is a very good solution by CS and should be implemented by every SB (included my favorite SB Cityindex). Setting a stop loss manually is risky, an error number here can cost you a considerable loss.

Don't mind Black Swan, he thinks he runs the show everywhere.:D

Yes correct. The stop loss in points is a very good solution by CS and should be implemented by every SB (included my favorite SB Cityindex). Setting a stop loss manually is risky, an error number here can cost you a considerable loss.

Don't mind Black Swan, he thinks he runs the show everywhere.:D

Totally agree with as I think that every SB broker should have this feature. I've done before something like instead of 1.4870 I did 1.4780. So annoying... Now I just enter 20 or so and done...

Yes, overall I think the CS platform is great. They have this past year introduced a number of features on my whishlist. I also kind of noticed Simon been a little more responsive to the so called "scalpers". Maybe his attitude is starting to shift somewhat, and finally realizing that flagging clients is not such a good idea. They have a user friendly and good platform, fast price feed and execution with narrow spread, what can go wrong?

Yes, overall I think the CS platform is great. They have this past year introduced a number of features on my whishlist. I also kind of noticed Simon been a little more responsive to the so called "scalpers". Maybe his attitude is starting to shift somewhat, and finally realizing that flagging clients is not such a good idea. They have a user friendly and good platform, fast price feed and execution with narrow spread, what can go wrong?

nothing !

IMO, what CS needs is,
(a) Direct from chart trading platform
(b) 1pt US30 spread
Simon is afraid of trying out Cityindex 1 point on the Dow experiement. They will not cope with this kind of spread he said a while back, he sure got it wrong, City have been "steeling" a lot of clients from them in about a years time now.:)

Last edited:
Simon is afraid of trying out Cityindex 1 point on the Dow experiement. They will not cope with this kind of spread he said a while back, he sure got it wrong, City have been "steeling" a lot of clients from them in about a years time now.:)

It's surprising the rest of the SBs haven't followed City's lead by now. I doubt CS's platform could cope, but you'd think CMC and its 'precision pricing' new platform would at least try. If Spreado could sort themselves out it might be different, but at the moment I cant see why anyone trading US30 wouldn't use City.

It's surprising the rest of the SBs haven't followed City's lead by now. I doubt CS's platform could cope, but you'd think CMC and its 'precision pricing' new platform would at least try. If Spreado could sort themselves out it might be different, but at the moment I cant see why anyone trading US30 wouldn't use City.

well , spread isnt everything , i experienced a few delays with cityindex around fed decision last week , execution speed matters .

well , spread isnt everything , i experienced a few delays with cityindex around fed decision last week , execution speed matters .

Some delays are inevitable if the market is spiking up and down, but I find get fast fills and a narrower spread with City. There's also no minimum distance for placing stops.

Some delays are inevitable if the market is spiking up and down, but I find get fast fills and a narrower spread with City. There's also no minimum distance for placing stops.

yeah it is fast but not always , there was some delay around fed decision , and when S&P downgraded their outlook , and this no minimum distance for placing stops i find it useless unless i can place the distance in points like with IG .

yeah it is fast but not always , there was some delay around fed decision , and when S&P downgraded their outlook , and this no minimum distance for placing stops i find it useless unless i can place the distance in points like with IG .

Not useless IMO,because you don't keep getting error messages when trying to set a fairly close order. The distance idea would be good, though, and it's a pity they can't add trailing stops.

minimum order distances are hardly agressive with CS .. eur/usd is just 5 pips. The problem is that if we make it much less than this too many orders, even quiet times, will trigger both entry and exit at the same moment (let alone over a data release).

On an SB platform you will generally be ok but if you tried it on DMA exchange platform you would get slaughtered as your entry would be filled at the requested price but your stop would become a market order and would be slipped out of sight !

Sorry Simon, but I think EUR/USD min distance is 6 points... I was doing 7 point stop loss over the last two days, so I noticed it.
On the other hand, I agree that there's not much of a point of having any value for min distance. The main problem with it is when one tried to put a very night stop loss and as the value changes the stop loss has to be amended. At first it's annoying but one get used to it.
Overall, CS provide a simple and easy-to-use platform and I think you should promote it more as you're better than most of your competitors (and I tried quite a few platforms).

You have to take in consideration the overall performance. Expecting perfect execution during figures is not to be expected. One should even be careful trading market orders as you might get heavily slippage with any SB during news releases. Why do I trade the Dow with City instead of CS? Simply because they give a better price, with CS you pay double up the price so the choice is quite easy. The only thing that might hold me back is the tedious way of setting up the stop loss with City, where CS is a much safer way. Despite this, City is still my choice over CS in this regard. Other indies (not Nadaq though) I at times trade with CS as the execution is excellent these days.

You have to take in consideration the overall performance. Expecting perfect execution during figures is not to be expected. One should even be careful trading market orders as you might get heavily slippage with any SB during news releases. Why do I trade the Dow with City instead of CS? Simply because they give a better price, with CS you pay double up the price so the choice is quite easy. The only thing that might hold me back is the tedious way of setting up the stop loss with City, where CS is a much safer way. Despite this, City is still my choice over CS in this regard. Other indies (not Nadaq though) I at times trade with CS as the execution is excellent these days.

I understand this but i answered Ross's question : "I cant see why anyone trading US30 wouldn't use City" , i think the answer is obvious , if it is about the spread then we all should trade with Worldspreads they have zero spread on the Dow :D .