Best Thread Capital Spreads

i use justspreads.com which is a trading name of them. they seem ok...been using them for a few months now. I expect they use the same platform. They have a 10k demo account too. they are good Juan.

many thanks, tar. ur info is very very helpful.

I didnt use CS for a while, but the rejection is usually in seconds , and yes u can use orders and u will be filled always but u will : sometimes get slippage , and sometimes your oders will be filled late ...

About the FTSE : i experienced more than 10 pips diffrence but again i didnt use CS for a while ...

Read many posts as u can in this thread it will help u ...

many thanks, oiltanker. i don't use that chart, i just concern if a SB always quotes the market price. i use tight stop for DT, if the quote is not correct, that'll kill my positions.

I also found the FTSE100 spread is 2 in the demo, not 1. what's the actually spread for ftse100? many thanks
Most of the SB do not quote the market price on the cash index. You have to be trading the FTSE future to get a correct price, usually a little bit more spread if you are trading with SB. The real exchange FTSE future price is usually 0.5-1.0 (plus commission). The important thing is, that the SB FTSE cash index reflect the movement of the underlying asset, not necessarily that the quoted price is the same as the index.

Most of the SB do not quote the market price on the cash index. You have to be trading the FTSE future to get a correct price, usually a little bit more spread if you are trading with SB. The real exchange FTSE future price is usually 0.5-1.0 (plus commission). The important thing is, that the SB FTSE cash index reflect the movement of the underlying asset, not necessarily that the quoted price is the same as the index.
It is either Ftse futures or Ftse cash index , there is no third option , i dont know y they quote something from their own heads ?!

It is either Ftse futures or Ftse cash index , there is no third option , i dont know y they quote something from their own heads ?!
What I remember, Simon mention earlier on this thread, something about the need of a special exchange license. This in order to have the rights to exactly quote the prices from the exchange. Maybe Simon could share some information of what is correct in this regard.

questions about the FTSE daily cash, future, daily rolling

CS does not quote the 'cash' price (i.e a market that expires each day) we quote the rolling daily. The underlying instrument for the rolling daily is the FTSE future taken from LIFFE. The rolling daily is quoted a set difference from the Future and this is calculated from the 'cost of carry' plus and dividends which are due to go 'ex-div' between NOW and the expiry of the Future. This is commonly called the 'fair value'. Sometimes the fair value can move a little bit during a session but generally not more than a couple of points.

We do not (and nor does anyone else) quote from the FTSE index. This is because the cash index only updates once every 15 seconds (count it ...one.elephant.two.elephant.three.elephant.four...) in which time the future can have moved 15 or 20 points. If anyone quoted from the cash index they would be picked off all day long as traders watched the futures move and just bought or sold the cash in the knowledge that the price will move to take into account the LIFFE market.

This means that the high and low on our charts will nearly always be higher or lower than the actual ones from the exchanges.

It must always be remembered that you cannot actually 'buy' "the FTSE". You can buy a future or option for cash settlement on a future date but you can never actually buy the index.

iamabc

you can make payments using your cards online or by bank transfer. You can make withdrawals via e-mail request.

sometimes markets go to telephone only but is is very infrequent and generally not to do with fast markets and more to do with a problem.

for the reasons stated above we certainly do not guarantee our difference in quote from the FTSE indices print. For the very good reason that you cannot trade on an ADVFN price but you can on ours.

most of the time you can get out at a moments notice ... but of course problems do occur so i cannot guarantee it.

Simon

CS does not quote the 'cash' price (i.e a market that expires each day) we quote the rolling daily. The underlying instrument for the rolling daily is the FTSE future taken from LIFFE. The rolling daily is quoted a set difference from the Future and this is calculated from the 'cost of carry' plus and dividends which are due to go 'ex-div' between NOW and the expiry of the Future. This is commonly called the 'fair value'. Sometimes the fair value can move a little bit during a session but generally not more than a couple of points.

We do not (and nor does anyone else) quote from the FTSE index. This is because the cash index only updates once every 15 seconds (count it ...one.elephant.two.elephant.three.elephant.four...) in which time the future can have moved 15 or 20 points. If anyone quoted from the cash index they would be picked off all day long as traders watched the futures move and just bought or sold the cash in the knowledge that the price will move to take into account the LIFFE market.

This means that the high and low on our charts will nearly always be higher or lower than the actual ones from the exchanges.

It must always be remembered that you cannot actually 'buy' "the FTSE". You can buy a future or option for cash settlement on a future date but you can never actually buy the index.

iamabc

you can make payments using your cards online or by bank transfer. You can make withdrawals via e-mail request.

sometimes markets go to telephone only but is is very infrequent and generally not to do with fast markets and more to do with a problem.

for the reasons stated above we certainly do not guarantee our difference in quote from the FTSE indices print. For the very good reason that you cannot trade on an ADVFN price but you can on ours.

most of the time you can get out at a moments notice ... but of course problems do occur so i cannot guarantee it.

Simon

Exactly the diffrence between the future price and the cash price is the fair value , then we should have the cash index price not a new price !! we dont mean we want the exact moves of the cash index no , cuz we know that the cash index is untradable and it is updated every 15 seconds , we want a fair value not a new value !

the second time in a week where I have gone to manually close a position and the software has hung on the closing position window. A 15 second timeout would be a good idea. Not my problem now.

Money withdrawn, account closed. Why do people still use Capital Spreads?

Good information, thanks.

Exactly the diffrence between the future price and the cash price is the fair value , then we should have the cash index price not a new price !! we dont mean we want the exact moves of the cash index no , cuz we know that the cash index is untradable and it is updated every 15 seconds , we want a fair value not a new value !
As the cash index price is not updated frequently enough, I cannot see how a SB can give you this price quote.

They can by adding the fair value to the futures price ...
Yes, but this calculated price will nor correspond to any "real" market. I thought that is what they are actually doing on the rolling daily, plus some other parameters explained by Simon.

Yes, but this calculated price will nor correspond to any "real" market. I thought that is what they are actually doing on the rolling daily, plus some other parameters explained by Simon.

No , the fair value is the diffrence between the cash price and the futures price , i am not talking about a point or 2 but sometimes CS ftse make a 10 points diffrence with the cash index ...

the second time in a week where I have gone to manually close a position and the software has hung on the closing position window. A 15 second timeout would be a good idea. Not my problem now.

Money withdrawn, account closed. Why do people still use Capital Spreads?
This kind of a problem I have not experienced with CS. Constant "price no longer valid" have been a real problem. I think much of the technical problem will be solved when they have transformed to the new platform.

No , the fair value is the diffrence between the cash price and the futures price , i am not talking about a point or 2 but sometimes CS ftse make a 10 points difference with the cash index ...
When I trade at CS I go by the futures charts. If there is abnormal differences with the index they will be killed by traders who will take advantage by arbitrating.

When I trade at CS I go by the futures charts. If there is abnormal differences with the index they will be killed by traders who will take advantage by arbitrating.

This is not always accurate , it depends on the order book at CS maybe some will take advantage but many others will lose ( stop losses , squeezed ) , i didnt say CS playes with the fair value i dont know really , but what i know that sometimes not always only sometimes their fair value changes alot i didnt notice this recently cuz i dont trade with them at the moment , but in the past yes i saw 10 points diffrence ...

This is not always accurate , it depends on the order book at CS maybe some will take advantage but many others will lose ( stop losses , squeezed ) , i didnt say CS playes with the fair value i dont know really , but what i know that sometimes not always only sometimes their fair value changes alot i didnt notice this recently cuz i dont trade with them at the moment , but in the past yes i saw 10 points diffrence ...
I don't see what is has to do with the order book. If they give quote that do not reflect the movement of the underlying asset, a lot of traders will be grateful for the free gift.:)

I don't see what is has to do with the order book. If they give quote that do not reflect the movement of the underlying asset, a lot of traders will be grateful for the free gift.:)

lets say longs more than shorts then CS " by mistake " slowly changed the fair value to the favour of the shorts , now longs will be squeezed and stooped . And many clients dont notice this so we can say that many of them will take advantage maybe some took advantage already but not many , even u take advantage this will not hurt CS cuz if u buy others will sell they hedged u already who cares if u took few points from time to time