Best Thread Capital Spreads

Simon, wondered how we're doing with the implementation of instant executiion on FX and indices for the July completion?

Simon CMC has just declared war on spreads are you up to the task :cheesy:

Currency Pair Previous Spreads New Spreads Reduction
AUDJPY 5 4 -1
AUDNZD 15 12 -3
AUDUSD 3 2 -1
EURAUD 14 10 -4
EURCAD 10 8 -2
EURGBP 3 2 -1
USDCHF 4 3 -1

What was going on today?

My ticket was easyily 20 points behind at all times for the 10 minutes following NFPR today... price 508, cap spds 492... market 518... cap spds... 508....

Thankfully its all in one direction but seriously, thats pathettic... keep up with the market CS!

Mind you, good if your getting in late I guess...

never seen anything like that at nfp today, hilarious - market was at 28 and cap spreads at 07 - for ages too - couldnt buy it of course but slooooooowww is not the word.

I would never advise anyone to short term impulse trade using CS

did you guys set orders or live trade?
You have to be insane to live trade NFP with CS.

With NFP you don't get clear market prices with any broker in the first few minutes not just CS.

Every month in the afternoon after NFP figures come out posters on this board complain. You cannot trade with market orders in the first few mins after the figure is released we all know this.

The solution is either use stop and limit orders or don't trade and save your money for another day.

Because of this I have used stop and limit orders on NFP day with CS for the last 4 months and fortunately made money every time. Today was a clear 127 pips.

I'm not defending CS particularly but I think you have to be realistic NFP release is not the time for scalping you will lose with most if you try because the market moves too fast and this leads to requotes.

coolTrader said:
Simon CMC has just declared war on spreads are you up to the task :cheesy:

Currency Pair Previous Spreads New Spreads Reduction
AUDJPY 5 4 -1
AUDNZD 15 12 -3
AUDUSD 3 2 -1
EURAUD 14 10 -4
EURCAD 10 8 -2
EURGBP 3 2 -1
USDCHF 4 3 -1

If you look USDCHF have been 3 pips for months with C/S, i am not sure on the rest. I only trade the 4 majors

Ripcord said:
Because of this I have used stop and limit orders on NFP day with CS for the last 4 months and fortunately made money every time. Today was a clear 127 pips.

Wow, I am impressed. Was it from one single trade or multiple ones?!

Good trading,

Hung

ripcord

thanks for the comments...I have made the statement over and over on this platform that we are NOT AN EXCHANGE we are market makers...commentators MUST be aware that for every buy or sell in the markets there must be a seller or buyer willing to take the opposite postion.

No market maker is going to get killed on the NFP (try ringing a stockbroker at 13.31 for a quote on a share) but if you pre place orders (and assuming you will accept some potential slippage) you will get in on a move. Mind you I may have to see whether I can find out who Ripcord is!!!

oh! and yes we have come in on the CMC spreads (ouch) ... to be honest they are not exactly our highest volume markets! So any extra biz will be welcome.

Simon

Interesting observations

Just something I noticed.... the problems with no central exchange.

Guess where I had my stop! :devilish:

Attachments

• CS.GIF
    CS.GIF
    26 KB · Views: 196
  • meta.gif
    meta.gif
    66.1 KB · Views: 176
  • netdania.GIF
    netdania.GIF
    121 KB · Views: 193
  • Oandaa.GIF
    Oandaa.GIF
    471.4 KB · Views: 166
wasp

plus the fact that we place our chart points on the 'bid' side of the quote whereas some show 'mid' some show actual trades..etc etc

i notice that if you study all the charts they have different peaks and troughs on nearly every move.

Sorry about the stop level though

simon

capitalspreads said:
wasp

plus the fact that we place our chart points on the 'bid' side of the quote whereas some show 'mid' some show actual trades..etc etc

i notice that if you study all the charts they have different peaks and troughs on nearly every move.

Sorry about the stop level though

simon

Not really a dig at CS Simon, it was more a point of showing the difference and the problem when there is no central exchange for FX. It was convenient yours is the only one that dropped low enough to stop me out bfore continuing up. C'est la vie...

If anyone else with a capitalspreads account could attatch a screenshot of the last few hours in 1 minute candles. By showing the exact same peaks and troughs it would confirm my point and also lay to rest the issue of being stopped out unfairly as all CS charts should surely read the same?

wasp

yeah i know its a real pain sometimes. I would love to be able to say that we had a buy trade at 1.8533 or 34 but we didnt. Quite a few clients have set up longs at 36 37 38 and 39 ( I assume it was a trigger of some kind on one of the technical sites) .

Simon

wasp said:
If anyone else with a capitalspreads account could attatch a screenshot of the last few hours in 1 minute candles. By showing the exact same peaks and troughs it would confirm my point and also lay to rest the issue of being stopped out unfairly as all CS charts should surely read the same?

Anyone, anyone at all...? :eek:

Hope this worked wasp! See attached.

Attachments

• 1 min Cable.doc
    95.5 KB · Views: 198
No sorry Zuke but thanks... can you (or anyone) just confirm on your chart the low at 9:40 ish was 530 (on CS chart) and I'll never question CS again!

Last edited:
Dear Simon,

Here's an easy question:

when will the DOW binary come on line. I've noticed the DOW is listed in the drop down menu, but no options when chosen. Is this something you intend to bring on line in the near future?

Yours

UK