Can scalping make you rich?

For very good scalping in my opinion you need the right platform, right stocks, right size, right set ups. I enjoy it very much and have been doing it for ten years but enjoy other day trading styles as well.

I like taking small moves in volatile stocks. Details in my blog again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm frustrated again as I'm unable to post any content because the links get removed.

The reason I started my daily blog on my own web site was so I had control over my posts. I got fed up with my content getting changed and links being removed. There is no point in writing things if someone else decides what I can post.

I'll be at the IX show this Friday and Saturday talking about day trading and also chatting to traders on a stand. If anyone wants to see how a scalper makes over $50,000/month I'll have a complete one month trading account with me so anyone can see every move that was made. Naz. (Alan Rich)

I'm frustrated again as I'm unable to post any content because the links get removed.

The reason I started my daily blog on my own web site was so I had control over my posts. I got fed up with my content getting changed and links being removed. There is no point in writing things if someone else decides what I can post.

I'll be at the IX show this Friday and Saturday talking about day trading and also chatting to traders on a stand. If anyone wants to see how a scalper makes over $50,000/month I'll have a complete one month trading account with me so anyone can see every move that was made. Naz. (Alan Rich)

So how much is this service your kindly providing?

The traders that make that kind of money are trading with a fund's money not thier own on a 80/20 split in the traders favour. The reason they can make so much is the access to capital they are given.

I've invited one UK based trader who does it for a living to come along to my stand at the IX and talk to anyone. Listen to him and not to me.

After initial training costs, the service is free. It costs him nothing.

This thread is all about making money scalping. This is one way traders are doing it.

Last edited:
Latest uncensored post in my blog is on how traders make these scalping moves.

Read some of the other psots on trading in my blog. I post every day.

Like they say listen from someone who does it and has being doing it for years for a living. It will probably be different from the way others see things.

Naz

I removed the linking as it is clearly against the site guidelines...That said you have your homepage on your profile which is not an issue...if members want to do a little work and check you out, then all is well.

cheers cv

Naz, with all due respect, this is not a place to be advertising your course or whatever you are selling. What you are claiming is complete hogwash. Please take it elsewhere.

This thread is on scalping and I'm showing what can be done. I have a scalpers account with me that showed over $70,000 profits in August and I'm willing to show it to anyone who wants to see it at the IX expo. You will get a real feel for how great scalping can be done.

So come along take a look and tell me if it's hogwash.

Naz, with all due respect, this is not a place to be advertising your course or whatever you are selling. What you are claiming is complete hogwash. Please take it elsewhere.

Why is it hogwash?
$72000 in a month..so over 20 trading days thats an average of $3600 per day....trade 3000 shares of something and catch a 50-100c move twice a day...job done.

I'm not a scalper, but I have found Naz's posts both on T2W and his own blog pretty interesting. If I were a scalper and had some time to spare I'd almost certainly try to go and see this trader and see what he has to say.

(I have absolutely no connection with Naz except as a casual reader of his postings).

If I post something then if I can I'll try and prove what I'm saying is fact. The links that were cancelled went to to show that traders account and prove what I said was fact.

The next post had a link which went to my account which showed a different style of trading slightly up from scalping which made 1300 points in two hours.

I'm sorry I broke the rules but I would have thought the thread might have progressed like.........

Great trading, what type of stocks is he trading, what kind of size, how long is he in the moves, which platform is he using. All the kind of things that traders want to know.

I need to swap threads to where day traders are getting down and doing it. I'm going to US stocks.

This thread is about short term trades from mins to hours. So my latest post in my blog is 1,600 points in 59 seconds. The time stamp is by my account with the trade entry and exit price.

Those that know will undertsand how it was played and how I'm waiting in anticipation for the coming weeks.

If you take the trouble to click on my name in the top left of this window and get to my web site you can read my blog every day.

This thread is about short term trades from mins to hours. So my latest post in my blog is 1,600 points in 59 seconds. The time stamp is by my account with the trade entry and exit price.
Hi Alan,
Great to 'see' you here again.
Can I suggest you start your own thread - a la Richard's thread - as I'm sure that there are plenty of us who would really benefit from your input and enjoy reading your posts.

Regarding the 59 second BIDU trade on your blog - I'm wondering if there's a particular manufacturer of heavy duty industrial nappies that you recommend? For these kind of lightning fast moves, I'd definitely need to wear something very thick and ultra absorbent!
:LOL:
Tim.

Hi Tim
Thank you for explaining everything to me. As you know I haven't posted for some while and I'm not up to speed with everything that goes on. So thank you for enlightening me.

For those that don't know I have been trading for a living for the last ten years, ran my own trading floor in the city, worked with arguably two of the best day traders in the US and although I trade lots of other different styles day trading is my thing.

I sometimes do live day trading events for companies to show how this style of trading works. I've done three in the last few weeks in the UK and Ireland.

With day trading there are different styles, different platforms and different markets. If I do a live day trading seminar in Ireland I'll be showing how the guys there how they can make things work with the tools they have available if I'm in New York obviously I'll be showing how to make day trading work with the tools they have available which will be direct access.

Direct access can be used online by anyone anywhere in the world you just need a broker to supply it. Some platforms are better than others.

The guys who trade fast and quick and are scalping are using direct access. That is why they can get very fast moves and how those scalpers make very good money. One of the things that platform does is allow them to day trade without paying a spread, which obviously helps them when they are scalping.

However other platforms are good enough but you just have to change your style to fit the platform you have available.

With day trading you tend to take advantage of the crowd so naturally enough many, many times you won't be doing the things that others wish you were doing. Consequently good day trading can mean you are a little at odds at times with everyone else.

There are some brilliant day traders around and I've had the pleasure of meeting so many of them. Yes the good ones do earn many, many thousands a month, more than you would think was possible. They have discipline, good trading skills and they stay focused on what they do.

I trade lots of different styles and one of my favourite styles is intra day momentum. You make a lot of money very quickly and pack up for the day. When I made 1600 points in 59 seconds, I had everything set up for the move, I had a plan if it worked, a plan if it failed. I knew the move I was waiting for and I had to wait half hour for it. When it came all I did was carry out the plan. The hardest part was the waiting.

Alan

i went from a longer chart to now trading 1m. I prefer to take more trades, sometimes my downfall with overtrading, however i feel tight scalping on quick charts gives you more opportunity to make money. :)

More trades with less profits or less trades with more profits?
On longer timeframes, signals are usually cleaner and surer but I am used to thinking that the less you stay in the market, the better since there is less chance to lose.

Big deal! :rolleyes:
But... Trading intraday for few hours? :innocent: