Bush's Visit!

CKB
the Lord Mayor of London agrees with yuor countrymen! -see my earlier post

grubs50 said:
CKB, and ur point is?

my point is that there was a perception that mainstream America was outraged at the war, so outraged that they were demonstrating in their hundreds of thousands - this was not the case - now i admit that San Fran has a few thousand more Mr.Wigs and veiny drifter cocks than the rest of the country, but i also have a video of the New York demos and it tells the same story - it was highjacked by loons/extremists who have a personal hatred for either Bush, Repubs, or even the USA in general, and their personal hatred has nothing to do with the issues concerning Iraq/war on terror/blah

that liberal peacetard, dressed up in arab attire, wouldn't be demostrating if Clinton or Gore was running the show in Iraq, and that's a FTS (Fact That Sux)

Before and after the event I was listening to some of the London protestors phoning into a radio station chat programme. Very few indeed, when pressed, could actually give a reason why they were protesting against Bush. Most, it would seem, were there because it was a good day out.

In This Link

http://komo1000news.com/audio/kvi_aircheck_031003.mp3

an audio file of a talk radio show on Seattle's KVI (570 AM) that was hosted by Bryan Suits just before the invasion of Iraq

it features Andrea Buffa, who is the head of the United for Peace & Justice movement. This is the outfit that organized the 250 or so fringe groups/loons/blah that made up most of the San Fran peace marchers

this Andrea chick is an experienced spokesgurl who's often on radio or TV and writing articles blah

during that show, she was anwering lots of questions to callers ringing up - in the course of that she said something along the lines of "we can solve the Iraqi problem and bring peace and justice to that region through diplomacy and other alternatives without having to resort to war"

this Iraqi dude rings up and says that Saddam is a dictator, has been for 30 years - he's not gonna give up his power thorough diplomacy blah - only force i.e. military force - and so he asks this one question "How exactly will leaving Saddam in power promote peace and justice in Iraq?"

Andrea was OWNED. Funniest thing i've heard this year
lol.gif

CKB

You miss the point completely. You , like Bush, think that if anyone disagrees with your approach to this particular problem then they are supporting the enemy.

I would dearly love to see Al Qeda and similar scum wiped off the planet but disagree with the way that george and tony are doing things.

Your ranting about the "quality " of the anti war protesters does nothing to support the invasion of Iraq, if anything it undermines it.

....it was illegal and private war...without UN mandate..whole world was of the opinion that this war is too premature as work to seek WMD is going well....but US always wanted this war....all crap about liberating Iraqis is a first class bullshit touted by US and poodle UK....

US considers any dictator not within control as a threat....

Look at the history.....US set up taleban and sent bin laden to organise that...he went out of US control so he must be got rid off...

rumsfeld shook hands with saddam when he was fighting war with iran....now he is considered as a mad man because he is not playing tune with US....

There is no democracy in middle easy anywhere...look at saudi...no democracy....kuwait...no democracy...why?..it is easy to control a family holding oil rather than elected party...

....no WMD have been found in iraq...Only US reason to go to war....

well I never agreed with this unjust war and UK has proved to be nothing more than a poodle of US...

WMD's are not a problem, its the people who control them that are, the mental state of the people who have access to push the buttons of WMD'S are the biggest threat the planet faces, its nothing new, the human mind is still very animalistic, egotistical, evolution takes time, its just that in this day and age sophisticated weaponary is a business, countries make profits from arms trade, its just a matter of time, before one hits a western demacratic people, i'm sure its a phase that we have to go through, before we can consider the new dawn. its an imense concept, yet seems simple, i feel the majority of people want to co exist with all nations, up to a point, but humans are territorial, i think we tolerate rather than accept others. but dont forget governments, leaders of all countries need to assert control on the population, now they have done ok so far with stabalising populations but the animal still lurks inside. Religion is promoted to control mass thinking, thats why governments havent shut it down , although they do with some extreme forms of religion. (ones where governments perceive a threat to order)who is right and wrong ? its the same old argument. are we the most intelligent beings on this planet.... duhhhh... people will always have debates, thats a gift we possess. its because communication breaks down and conflict of opinions that people start to kill each other. (leaving aside mental illness that can lead to irrational? behaviour)

sometimes you feel like bangin heads together and saying look at what the f*** your doing to other people, whats the problem?

but thats the drama of life i guess..

jd

hmmm

Exactly the impression I got Skim (may I call you that :cheesy: )

I think most would have been demonstrating against whatever the topic of the day was. They were generally anti-war rather than having any specific objection to the Iraqi campaign. I was, and still am, against the war on Iraq for reasons I have outlined elsewhere in this post (namely completely misleading the general populace over the reasons for war). I actually KNEW there was going to be a war around November last year. Knew it. You could sense the whole propaganda machine going through the gears. It started with a couple of leaks, a couple of throwaway references to Iraq in an axis of evil. Then more about his abuse of the UN. Then more completely unfounded talk of terrorists buying his WMD from Saddam. Then talk of him constructing vast stockpiles of WMD ready to use at a moments notice. With mounting disbelief, I watched as the pathetically weak minded sheep began to believe. It still is one of the most freaky things I have witnessed, the brainwashing, literally, of a whole country. Noone had the mental strength to question, to actually ask for proof. People these days have a very scary lack of objectivity. I agree that the removal of Saddam was a good thing. But as I write this there have been no WMD, no Muslim terrorists in Iraq, and therefore no basis for a war. Ask any supporter of the war WHY we fought, I will guarantee he/she will respond with some kind of blurb about the evil of Saddam's regime. Go back 9 months, the answers will have been very different. I still cannot believe the weak minded 'follow the leader' mentality displayed by 90% of the population. People have forgotten how to, or cannot be bothered, to think for themselves. :cry:

"People have forgotten how to, or cannot be bothered, to think for themselves. "
A very sweeping statement..some large part of the country will no doubt disagree..

Surely you refer to MPs who voted for war..:-(

so is the world a more peaceful place since we went to war against Iraq?, somehow i don't think so...............and CKB, i don't know where u got ur Iraq stats from but i am 100% sure they are not correct.

Mind you, it ill becomes us Brits to critcise the US for what it does in Iraq or elsewhere.

Look at eth good job we have done in bringing democracy and religious tolerance in N Ireland. A R Brmner said last nite " only 90 years effort.."

Mad - people will no doubt disagree however I don't believe I have seen much evidence to the contrary. As mentioned, those who protested against the war, or rather the vast majority, had no idea why they were protesting other than war is bad, etc etc. I watched as the nation simply lacked the strength of mind to remain uninfluenced by baseless propaganda.

Having studied the 'Irish problem' in depth at university, I can tell you that it is completely different, and that awful mistakes were made by both sides.

" I watched as the nation simply lacked the strength of mind to remain uninfluenced by baseless propaganda"

you mean that most people believed messrs Blair and Bush when they said Iraq had WMD and was source for Al-Quaeda?

madasafish said:
" I watched as the nation simply lacked the strength of mind to remain uninfluenced by baseless propaganda"

you mean that most people believed messrs Blair and Bush when they said Iraq had WMD and was source for Al-Quaeda?

SH DID have WMD. That is a FTS. But what he did with them, who knows? Maybe he destroyed them, maybe he hid them, maybe he smuggled them over to Syria or wherever

if a statetrooper stops yuo and asks yuo to open yuor trunk, and yuo stick yuor empty hand in yuor pocket and say to the cop that yuo're holding a piece, yuo've only got yuorself to blame if the cop makes yuo eat lead

Bush and Blair BELIEVED that there was a gun in SH's pocket, and he wasn't the only one

EVEN SENIOR DEMOTARDS LIKE CLINTON/GORE/HILLARY/BLAH WERE SUCKERED (SEE BELOW)

SADDAM=BEST TROLL SINCE JESUS

-CAR KEY BOI,
BORN WITH MADD PAPER/ AKA THE MASTER KEYER/ KNOWS HOW TO LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON ANTI-WAR TARDS/ DNT!/DIGTBK!
digtbk.gif

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
- Madeline Albright, Feb. 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb., 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
- Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Sadism continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
- Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec, 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct. 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members .. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct. 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to Miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his
continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real.
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"SH DID have WMD. That is a FTS. But what he did with them, who knows? Maybe he destroyed them, maybe he hid them, maybe he smuggled them over to Syria or whereve"

Please move into the real world ....

Maybe he did.. But if he did the US would have found them by now. After all the Allies found ALL Hitler's military secrets in 1945 and by 1946 had moved the entire German rocket program including personnel to White Sands (incl Werner Von Braun..).

Modern (i.e 2003 versus 1945) search equipment is several 1000% better ... and the US has spy satellites capable of picking up a man from 100miles up. Now according to Secretary of State Powell at the UN, the US had incontrovertible proof of WMD and showed pictures of planes modified to deliver them (including a video of one in flight) plus several " mobile laboratories"- all this BEFORE the US entered Iraq.

Now if you are telling me SH managed to spirit that plane away without the US knowing where it has gone , then I say that cannot be. The US technology is too good.

And the US did find the mobile laboratories.. loads of TV pictures of them.. but not 1 trace of any WMD..

I cannot believe that the US is so incompetent as to not find any WMD.. and NOT 1 TRACE..

NOT 1 TRACE...

Now I understand with germ warfare and chemical weapons you have to handle them very carefully as any leakage can be disastrous to the carrier. So if they were ready for battlefield use - as Mr Blair kept telling us- they could not be moved easily. Certainly they are not the kind of things you throw in the back of a pickup truck and drive at high speed at night over desert roads to avoid capture by the enemy..

And US infrared systems would detect any fresh holes dug in the desert.

If it grunts like a pig, eats like a pig and smells like a pig, then as far as WMD are concerned the US/UK governments say it's a cow..

For once look at the facts instead of posting garbage claiming evidence of things several 1000 people have failed to find in 6 months.. But then there are none so far seeing as the deliberately blind (to twist an old saying round):)

Please produce proof of WMD before claiming there are WMD.. better still the UK/US governments would love it.. so give it to them first before making stupid claims on a BB..:)

much as I would love to believe Clinton and his spotless record for honesty, all we need now is some proof . . . People were prepared to hand SH on a plate to the US but noone has identified any WMD sites? curious!

My long shot paranoid suspicion is that SH will admit to having WMD to the US in return for them forcing the new Iraqi admin to commute the death penalty. Likely no, possible yes.

madasafish said:
Mind you, it ill becomes us Brits to critcise the US for what it does in Iraq or elsewhere.

not just Iraq, but also Kosovo, Zimbabwe, N Korea and so on and so forth

the US always gets bashed for being involved

and if we're not involved, or not enough involved, we still get bashed

or do we get bashed simply because the US exists? yuo tell me...

the last time i was touring Eurotardland, everyone was bitching about how the US was doing nothing while Yugo was.... well no one was quite sure what Yugo was doing since only Germany was recognizing the new countries back then

but in every country i went to, for damn sure every Eurotard was annoyed that the US wasn't doing anything. Now because Yugoland is turning into a hell hole again, the ultra-right tards are looking favorites to get back into power again, the rest of Europe act like the US created the fcuking genocide problem in Yugo/Bosnia/Kosova/blah

that's why sometimes the US needs to just do whatever is in our best interests alone. The rest of the world is going to act like "rape victims" anyway, that is a FTS...

a lot of Eurotards froth at the mouth like rabid dogs at the supposed "threat" to the world by the US because a totalitarian, world-dominating thugocracy is EXACTLY what they'd set up if they were in our position. I'm sure i've said this before, but it's a FACT that almost every Eurotard country has tried their best to do it every time they've had an opportunity. Hell, yuo Brits came within a hair of succeeding

the fact that the US failed to institute such a regime when we had the chance (i.e., at the end of WWII, when Eurotardland was in a shambles, and we were the only superpower in town coz we were the only ones who had nukes) is an eternal mystery to the rabid Eurotard

the fact that the US has no interest in lording it over a pack of murdering tribes (whether said tribes are Eurotards or otherwise) is simply incomprehensible to the imperalistic Eurotard mind

i guess the only way those rabid Eurotards can explain this is by thinking that we're a bunch of retarded morans

thinking about it, those rabid Eurotards may have a case. It was American dollars that rebuilt Eurotardland after WWII (like what's happening now in Iraq) When i hear some of the things that Eurotards are saying about our involvement in Iraq blah, i sometimes wish we had saved ourselves the expense and trouble after WWII, and had taken the opportunity to nuke the lot of them into oblivion

but then i remember my humanity and such evil thoughts are banished to the dark recesses of my twisted mind :devilish: :D :cool:

- Car Key Boi,
MEMBER OF THE WEST COAST COALITION/ ALWAYS ON THE WINNING SIDE/ ALWAYS MAKES THE KILL/ DNT!/ Ra!

" Kosovo, Zimbabwe, N Korea "

? has the US invaded North Korea or Zimbabwe then?

We should be told..:)

Try Cuba first: by all US policy logic it SHOULD be first....

grubs50 said:
so is the world a more peaceful place since we went to war against Iraq?, somehow i don't think so...............and CKB, i don't know where u got ur Iraq stats from but i am 100% sure they are not correct.

translation "i don't want to believe those stats are correct because it doesn't fit in with my anti-war tard view"

i got those stats from the lefty liberal LA Times. Did yuo think i pulled them outta my ass?

know this

whatever anyones' opinions are on the situation in Iraq (including mine) they are worth approxiamately jack shit in comparision to the opinions of people who are actually there

yuo wanna find out what a real Iraqi in Iraq thinks about our intervention and how much better off they are post-SH, in spite of car bombs blah?

check this blog

http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/

make sure yuo read the reports and take a look at the photo albums 1, 2 and 3 and hang yuor head in shame

other than the pro-Saddam Baathist tards and other assorted outside terrorists, EVERYONE IN IRAQ is against yuo lefty peacetards. That rally brought out tribal leaders, mullahs, skoolchildren.... everyone from the Iraqi Dental Association to the GODDAMN IRAQI COMMUNIST PARTY!

know this. They want their country back. We want to give it to them. But if we pull out tomorrow, what will happen to the place? This is why i don't understand those assholes in London with their "Stop The War" signs when Bush was there

DO THOSE ASSHOLES ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF WHAT THEY'RE CHANTING?

DIDN'T THINK SO

"BUSH/US IS EVIL - THEREFORE WE MUST PROTEST ANY POLICY OF THEIRS EVEN IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE"

as always, PEACETARDS=OWNED

- Car Key Boi,
STILL SHAKING THE SHIT OUTTA HIPPIES COZ IT DON'T LEAVE MARKS/ DNT!/ Ra!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm..._mideast_afp/iraq_us_terror_demo_031210162701

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Thousands of Iraqis, some watched over by US Apache helicopters, demonstrated in Baghdad and other cities to condemn "terrorism" in their country.

More than 200 protesters from the Iraqi National Congress and other political parties, women's groups and sheikhs in traditional dress gathered near the National Theatre in Baghdad and marched to a central Baghdad hotel.

"This is the national campaign against terrorism and sabotage," said Abo Thaer, 55, a member of the Iraqi Communist Party. His party members turned out with giant red flags bearing the hammer and sickle.

Participants Wednesday said the rallies marked International Human Rights Day.

A similar protest last Friday in the capital attracted about 1,000 Iraqis.

American-led occupying forces who toppled dictator Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) in April are battling daily attacks by insurgents whom they regularly brand terrorists.

On Monday a suicide car bomber wounded 58 US soldiers at their base near the northern capital of Mosul while in Baghdad a bomb killed three worshippers at a Sunni mosque.

"Terrorism .... will delay the process of rebuilding," said Eklass Khudhir, 30, one of four women holding a banner from the Iraqi Women's Organization.

She said it was their first protest against terrorism.

Hussein al-Musaya, a former Iraqi exile who helped organize the rally, said numerous political parties had come together to state their opposition to terorism.

"It's also a message of thanks to the coalition force for liberating Iraq (news - web sites) from the dictator," said Musaya, an official with the Liberal Republic Iraqi Party.

"We will not allow the fascists to come back," added Farook al-Shamari, 63.

"I don't belong to any party but I am against terrorism and fascism. We lived under the aggression of fascism for 40 years," he said.

He said he lost his teaching job and was jailed for six months for refusing to join the ruling Baath party in 1979, the year Saddam Hussein gained control of the country.

Qutaiba Khalid, and his wife Taghreed Jasin, both 28, said they were representing students as well as the Communist Party.

With a red neckerchief and purple-tinted sunglasses, Khalid said violence "will endanger the lives of innocent people and it will delay the departure of the occupying force."

American helicopters flew above the protesters and at least seven Iraqi police cars were stationed nearby. Several US soldiers watched from a discreet distance away.

More than 2,500 protesters marched in the holy Shiite cities of Najaf and Karbala south of Baghdad. They asked for the transfer of security from the coalition to Iraqis.

A banner carried by the demonstrators in Najaf read, "Killing children is not resistance."

Another said: "Saddam Hussein and (Osama) bin Laden are two sides of the same coin."

In the Sunni town of Ramadi west of Baghdad, a hotbed of anti-US sentiment, about 100 people protested after a call by the local council.

They gathered under the protection of American troops while a counter-demonstration of about 70 people carrying photos of the Koran and Mecca threw stones at the Americans. Iraqi police dispersed them.

Other demonstrations also took place in Baqubah just north of Baghdad, and at Suleimaniya in Iraqi Kurdistan.