Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

any traders here who trade the bund noticed a lot of size has gone from it over the past 12 months or so?? used to be high hundreds on each side, pushing through decent size, now its tiny in comparison, most bids/offers are under 100 or thereabouts. Any reasons?

Volume traded has dropped too, but not by that much considering that the size on the bids/offers has reduced so much

Reason for the reduction in size quoted on bid/offer is the nervousness of the current market climate. Plus there is a lot of intraday news which can change the days sentiment massively. Guess the big traders no longer are willing to take the risk of being filled on the bid/offer as surprise news comes out

Surely they can't be "big" traders if they go away when the volatility is highest, traders thrive on that, more moves = more opportunity etc. It's quite odd, I have video of earlier this year and some more recent and its a huge difference.

Surely they can't be "big" traders if they go away when the volatility is highest, traders thrive on that, more moves = more opportunity etc. It's quite odd, I have video of earlier this year and some more recent and its a huge difference.

Volatility => get whipped
Trend => easy money

Get whipped in vol = bad trader to me. Traders should thrive on vol, more opportunity, I'd much rather vol than trend, almost all traders I know would too, maybe its the longer term traders who are getting whipped.

Get whipped in vol = bad trader to me. Traders should thrive on vol, more opportunity, I'd much rather vol than trend, almost all traders I know would too, maybe its the longer term traders who are getting whipped.

Unfortunately, I don't have the leisure of sitting down watching screen all day long.

Much prefer trending markets. Market makes a move on opening and closes higher or lower. Job done.

I have enough stress and excitement supporting traders without the accompanying stress of watching position yoyo all day...

Good or bad trader to me is in the P&L EOD reps. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have the leisure of sitting down watching screen all day long.

Much prefer trending markets. Market makes a move on opening and closes higher or lower. Job done.

I have enough stress and excitement supporting traders without the accompanying stress of watching position yoyo all day...

Good or bad trader to me is in the P&L EOD reps. :)

Fair enough, whatever floats your boat :) If we were all the same style I wouldn't be asking this question, each to their own, I'd rather ride each yo instead of sitting through the swings all day hoping it lands where I thought it would when it opened. This is usually a highly traded instrument, from what I know a lot of prop traders trade this, which would mostly be intra-day I would say, so it seems weird that traders would suddenly stop trading it when volatility is on the rise.

intra day prop traders probably like all the volatilty, but a lot of the big flow bank traders don't. I'm assuming the open interest has dropped a lot over the last 6 months. would be interesting to check this. anyone know how to?

intra day prop traders probably like all the volatilty, but a lot of the big flow bank traders don't. I'm assuming the open interest has dropped a lot over the last 6 months. would be interesting to check this. anyone know how to?

Take care with the high volatility , I blow 16 accounts with oil , because I believe

high volatility is the key for high win .....:-0

Now I trade Notes and low volatility instruments GBP , FTSE when they are ranging.

less is more .... believe me my friend :idea:

Does anyone know where I can get live data for the Bund,Bobl, Schatz futures? I need to extract it into Excel or a database in real time.

Yep, Google.

Then look down at your keyboard and type " Bund futures chart" then click "Search". Wait less than 1 second and you will get a whole page full of suggestions, then you can even click any one of them and it actually takes you to that page and you can see if it suits your needs or not.

Pretty amazing I know.

Getting into Bund, watching the flow. Lots of dirty tricks and flipping seems like a good market for a scalper there seems to be opportunity here and its cheap to trade, like the budget.

I saw some discussion on leaning, I am curious how you handle crosses?

I was also wondering how you compute flys and other popular ratios for FGBL,FGBM,FGBS?

Are there any good props that specialize in This market?

Do you guys look at other markets for hints like Euribor and Stoxx etc..?