Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

There's ****e coming out about greece every five minutes practically. I would stay away from outright bund positions without a good news feed at the moment if I were you

I'm usually done for the day before noon (like today) as I tend to reach my daily target in less than an hour. But thanks for the heads-up. I want this crap to stop, it has nothing to do with real trading, just stupid news...

it's causing havoc. ten a penny european politicicians carving people up. just shut up until you have a solution. it's helping nobody (aside from those long gamma of course)

honestly i've never seen such a sh1t show of a rabble trying to sort something out. 2 weeks this sh1t has been going on for.

man, i love the bund so much. done after 5 mins of trading. caught the strong move up from 123.16. no losing trade in 6 days already, let's see how long i can keep this up.

i hope there won't be anymore stupid sudden news.

Hello all,

I am looking to start a chat room for Bund traders. A online room to discuss and share recent moves, trades, news and rumours.

I am going to create the room by using AIM Blast. This means you will need AIM installed on your computer. AIM is a widely used instant messenger software, it uses hardly any resources and is presented nicely. The reason for this route is because it has a lot more features than your usual chat room on a website and seems a lot faster. Also to mention will use less memory than a browser based chatroom.

If anyone is interested in joining please PM me and I will invite you to join. This room is 100% free and I am creating it solely to aid our trading.

Cheers,

I am deliriously happy with our STIR room, which, In fact, is not only about STIRs, but also bunds, ccies, etc. So I can't handle any more rooms, to be honest.

I forgot to mention, if you trade the Bobl or Schatz you are more than welcome to join.

This room targeted at Bund, Bobl and Schatz traders only.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about scalping the Schatz, preferrably in an automated strategy. However, what I'm wondering about is whether or not Interactive Brokers is a suitable broker for scalping? This is because the IB data feed which sends multiple snapshots per second but not 'true ticks', I'm told.

I'm hoping to hear from someone if the IB data feed is suited for (automated) scalping the Schatz.

Thanks a lot in advance, because I'm a little concerned about this. :)

Regards,

Hi
Plz tel me wat strategy u are going to use in Bund bobl Schatz

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about scalping the Schatz, preferrably in an automated strategy. However, what I'm wondering about is whether or not Interactive Brokers is a suitable broker for scalping? This is because the IB data feed which sends multiple snapshots per second but not 'true ticks', I'm told.

I'm hoping to hear from someone if the IB data feed is suited for (automated) scalping the Schatz.

Thanks a lot in advance, because I'm a little concerned about this. :)

Regards,

Hello all,

I am looking to start a chat room for Bund traders. A online room to discuss and share recent moves, trades, news and rumours.

I am going to create the room by using AIM Blast. This means you will need AIM installed on your computer. AIM is a widely used instant messenger software, it uses hardly any resources and is presented nicely. The reason for this route is because it has a lot more features than your usual chat room on a website and seems a lot faster. Also to mention will use less memory than a browser based chatroom.

If anyone is interested in joining please PM me and I will invite you to join. This room is 100% free and I am creating it solely to aid our trading.

Cheers,

Did this ever happen?

I have installed AIM blast on my computer please tell me ur AIM id.
That i send u a add request.

Hello all,

Cheers,

Well I tried and failed, platform keeps crashing when I try to create an account, tried 5 or 6 times and gave up.

New to the forum and looking to follow the Schatz and Bobl.
I checked the tick values on Schatz and found it to be confusing.
Tick change is .005% for EUR$5? What is the correct conversion for ticks? Sorry for the
dumb question....

New to the forum and looking to follow the Schatz and Bobl.
I checked the tick values on Schatz and found it to be confusing.
Tick change is .005% for EUR$5? What is the correct conversion for ticks? Sorry for the
dumb question....
It's not like that... Minimum tick is 0.005 and it's EUR 1000 per 1 point. That means that, if you're buy 1 Schatz contract at 109 and sell it at 109.005, you will make EUR 5. I think that's right, unless I am having a senior moment.

Anyone trading the Bobl / Schatz spread at the moment. Is there still a number of prop traders trading Fixed Income Spreads or are they looking more at outright positions? I havent traded for a while and notice the volume is now in the Eurostoxx. Rather than fixed income products.

Anyone trading the Bobl / Schatz spread at the moment. Is there still a number of prop traders trading Fixed Income Spreads or are they looking more at outright positions? I havent traded for a while and notice the volume is now in the Eurostoxx. Rather than fixed income products.

Most definately a lot of prop traders including myself have switched trading styles, I started off a few years back as a spread trader , shatz/Euribor and Bund /Bobl,
Ive gone outright now with more success in the Bobl but a lot have gone into the Eurostoxx I know

How did you change your strategies, what was most difficult to adapt etc? I've done the same, most equity index futures now though. It's a different game but I guess Bobl outright might still be the same ball park at least, compared to say Dax outright. Are you "still" playing for a tick? Mean reversion? Go with the trend? Do you look at the spreads at all?