Bubba's Journal

How long are you planning on holding SPCE? I don't think they've paid any divs out yet, do you think they will within your timeframe?

How long are you planning on holding SPCE? I don't think they've paid any divs out yet, do you think they will within your timeframe?
Ha.. I will add that to my list of things to do: Learn what Dividends are and how they work... :) (TBPH i just selected them to see what would happen)

Anyways- SPCE flew down in price over the past few hours. It reached down to $27.80... almost there... I may change the price to go lower because the RSI is screaming Downwards on the 1W, 1D, 4H, and 1H. The 1W chart has a giant red shooting star.. Therefore, I may adjust my orders to a lower price before they hit my limit price...

FYI

SPCE has not paid any dividends yet, nor has it announced any.

\ Also.
A dividend being a periodic and entirely discretionary payout based on profits, it is unlikely that any payment resulting from 6 or 8 shares could be re-invested, as this would almost certainly not be large enough to purchase an additional share or shares.

Thus your re-investment could be held or carried over until additional dividends amounted to sufficient to do this.

;)

& we'd like to know what #3 was.

:)

Trade #3 (was in post #12)
Sell Short of SPCE @ $31.50
-6 shares

---
Also eyeing Bitcoin. I may buy before halving.

Last edited:
NYSE:SPCE today ----- huge drop in price. Giant closing window. Price broke down below the middle Bollinger band.. it is at $19. The RSI and Stochastic continue to show strong price move going down.. Glad I changed my orders last night to $17 and $14... these two prices could be too ambitious, and I may change prices later today depending upon how the day goes.

---
Also -- new on my space stock watchlist: Enphase Energy (ENPH). Currently at $47.16. Price patterns look more stable than SPCE. Is ENPH a better bet in the long run?

Last edited:
Re: Bitcoin
I will be trading Bitcoin purely on technicals only. I will not even put the halving into consideration too much. I think the halving is going to be mostly hype. Any price changes from the halving will barely be noticeable until after the fact.

BTC/USD today ---- 1W price movements looks middle ground. Nothing special going on there.
1D is below the lower Bollinger band. RSI and Stochastic are on the middle ground.

Boooom , Galactic is down over 23% today. I plan to lower my buy orders further down until we start to see some stability....

Planning to move my SPCE's limit down to $14.. New York exchange opens in 30 minutes..

Still short with -6 shares of SPCE and waiting to buy back. I have changed the price on my buy limit order many times every day, chasing the price down and trying to find a good entry...... Tomorrow I want to buy at a good price. I am bearish on Galactic. Aiming to buy tomorrow in the area of $16.5-20.5 and if I buy there I will want to sell in the area of $21-23. It is not a stock that I want to hold on to long term.

I am bearish on Bitcoin too.

Alright it is a done deal.

I sold short 6 shares of SPCE at $31.50
Then I bought the -6 shares back at $23.00

So what happened?
Did I profit??

My profit is $51.00
Right??

Alright it is a done deal.

I sold short 6 shares of SPCE at $31.50
Then I bought the -6 shares back at $23.00

So what happened?
Did I profit??

My profit is $51.00
Right??
Are these the ones you bought at $27 ?

Are these the ones you bought at $27 ?
No, that was the first trade I placed and I lost money on that one. My trading journal needs to be better organized so people can follow along easier.

The one I closed today did in fact profit +$51. It turned out much better than anticipated.

---
Up to this point, my trading results are -$2, and I have no open trades.

Last edited:
Trade #6
This was the buy -6 share order described above.
Trade is closed out.

Trade #7
3/5/2020
NYSE:SPCE
Sold short 5 shares @ $24 (=$120)
Notes: I set a Limit order to eventually buy -5 shares @ $20 (=$100)
I may change this buy price at another time depending upon price movements.
Technicals: most time frames show the price is likely to decline.
I am using Bollinger bands, RSI, and Stochastic.
Market is closing in 1.5 hours.
Goal: trade to win.

Last edited:
Trade #8
3/6/2020
NYSE:SPCE
Bought back 5 shares @$21 (principle of $105)
Profit: $15
___
Total results thus far: +$13
I have no open trades right now.

Last edited: