Brokers: best leverage offered

I am based in Australia and the leverage laws were changed earlier this year - we can get a max of 1:30 here which sucks. I started researching some off-shore companies when I heard the news it was coming (which was almost 2 years ago now) and opened a couple of accounts. I actually found them to be better than the previous broker I had been using as they were open 24/7 (for crypto) and had some other benefits like BTC deposits. Withdrawals come through fine (started off small of course) and actually much quicker.

As others have said, regulations in countries are getting tighter and tighter. I also believe you don't need any more than 1:500 which is what was offered by the 'regulated' brokers until they got restricted. These 1:1000 offers are clearly too risky for new traders to use. But it's also my opinion that in the future governments will impose more regulations and stricter control and will force virtually all retail traders to use off shore brokers. I have been using one for a few years now and have had zero problems.

Offshore are the order of the day .
I've seen brokers with 1:2000 leverage!!
Can't remember the name .
Since governments are clampdown on trading standards I think more people will migrate to Offshore brokers

Trading is not simple. Trade with high leverage like 1:1000 is not to clever.
Trade with 10 USD on 1:1000 then I promise you will quickly fail....
Yeah and probably in the very first trade after a couple of ticks lol. we have to always think how to protect account from losses or sustain them in a manageable way and you will be certainly rewarded for your wise approach.

Leverage sure is an appealing factor in forex but can be very risky to use for inexperienced traders. Even experienced traders need to have a solid risk management strategy to make good use of high leverage.

Imho the quest for high leverage is a red herring.

As it is a matter of common knowledge that the percentage of consistently unprofitable traders is somewhere between 75% and 95%, this would seem to suggest that higher leverage should be be a low priority for the overwhelming majority.

Of course, if trading is for entertainment rather than profit then it makes perfect sense.

When you say the best leverage, how much are you exactly looking for because I know some brokers like fxglory offer upto 3000X but I don’t think it is safe to use unless you are very well experienced or have exceptional trading skills.I The broker I am using is finprotrading and they offer 500X, even that’s also quite high for me because I don’t go above 200X.

Indeed offshore is the place to look but anything more than 1:500 is simply unnecessary in my opinion
100% right. Offshore is the answer but no more than 1:500. For crypto trading the leverage must be even way lower than this.

Not sure if you are looking for the high leverage or best leverage. If it is about the former one, then you can check out fxview or hotforex, as their leverage is capped to 500x. Plus regulated as well.
If you want to know what is the best leverage, then that should be up to you. Even though I can trade up to 500x leverage, I prefer to stick with 100x, at the most. Tho a colleague of mine does 500x.

Not sure if you are looking for the high leverage or best leverage. If it is about the former one, then you can check out fxview or hotforex, as their leverage is capped to 500x. Plus regulated as well.
If you want to know what is the best leverage, then that should be up to you. Even though I can trade up to 500x leverage, I prefer to stick with 100x, at the most. Tho a colleague of mine does 500x.
why regulated?

In my opinion, trust is directly linked with the regulations. I always go with brokers who are backed by strong regulatory bodies, so you have someone watching over brokers for safety of your funds.
Do you know of any forex brokers going bust etc and people getting their funds back? no! Regulation is a myth.

Do you know of any forex brokers going bust etc and people getting their funds back? no! Regulation is a myth.
This statement is complete rubbish and it is you who are pushing myths about regulated brokers because you and your gang have an agenda to push the unregulated Cedar/Eagle/Hugosway who are all based at the same dodgy address.

All clients of SVS Services and AFX Markets Ltd that went bust (and both regulated) got back funds up to £85K. One thing is certain and that is if Eagle/Cedar/Hugosway go the same way you wont get anything back at all.

Every time your gang promotes any of the unregulated brokers you can expect a reply debunking your mythical rubbish about them.

Where are these guys based to be able to offer this leverage and stay regulated. ICM still offer it but they had to set up a Seychelles account as the standard one was dropping to 1:30

Where are these guys based to be able to offer this leverage and stay regulated. ICM still offer it but they had to set up a Seychelles account as the standard one was dropping to 1:30
Nowhere regulated offers decent leverage in the UK.

In my opinion, trust is directly linked with the regulations. I always go with brokers who are backed by strong regulatory bodies, so you have someone watching over brokers for safety of your funds.
Regulations and trust are NOT linked anymore nowadays. There's a lot of examples of this.

If you don't want to mess up your account and blow those dollars away, I believe that the smaller the leverage, the better.

A broker's leverage is a one-of-a-kind service. It is this type of facility that allows a trader to incur risks that exceed his capital limit. Because traders understand that the greater the risk, the greater the reward. However, I dislike leverage using higher leverage since it can interferes with my risk management method.