• Yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Devaulation/depreciatoin in the pound will only have a one off hit benefit on exports.

If that benefit is swallowed up in inflationary price rises then the benefit will be lost and it'll be back to the doldrums.

Raising rates will then subsequently handicap business. However, will be necessary to attract hot capital flows to either balance BoP or service increasing Government debt.

I very much hope you never get to number 11 otherwise you're more likely to wreck the UK economy. :cry::cry::cry:

Not just exports but services as well. The benefit will last as long as sterling remains low. How do you arrive at a one off hit?

Inflation driven by imports will create opportunity domestically and it will also drive competition leading to better prices down the road. Raising rates won't harm business because we are at record lows and rates looking to drop again. If they raise rates to 1% or even 2 percent is still well under the normal range of rates pre 2008 (it won't have a dramatic impact on business lending)

"Any “short term boost to competitiveness will be more than offset by other negative factors, like less investment,” said Simon Wren-Lewis, a professor of economic policy at Oxford University. “So leaving the EU will have a negative impact on the U.K. economy in the short term as well as the longer term.”

"A weaker currency may not do that much to prop up the U.K. economy. While it should boost manufacturing and tourism, three-quarters of the economy is dependent on services such as finance and their future is subject to whatever access to the EU the British government can negotiate."

Brexit Accelerates the British Pound’s 100 Years of Debasement
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-of-debasement

"Any “short term boost to competitiveness will be more than offset by other negative factors, like less investment,” said Simon Wren-Lewis, a professor of economic policy at Oxford University. “So leaving the EU will have a negative impact on the U.K. economy in the short term as well as the longer term.”

"A weaker currency may not do that much to prop up the U.K. economy. While it should boost manufacturing and tourism, three-quarters of the economy is dependent on services such as finance and their future is subject to whatever access to the EU the British government can negotiate."

Brexit Accelerates the British Pound’s 100 Years of Debasement
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-of-debasement

I LOVE experts....they are nearly always wrong, simply because they live in a book world....not reality.

I don't think he uses shortcut keys. I am thinking it's more like left mouse click and hold + select + right click + select copy + right click + select paste

I don't think he uses shortcut keys. I am thinking it's more like left mouse click and hold + select + right click + select copy + right click + select paste

Cheers guys :LOL:

Nice to put a smile on all our faces.

Let's all live long and prosper. :)

Heinekens on me :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Well, well, the parliamentary debate on the petition for a second referendum has been scheduled for 5 September. That'll be interesting but Brexit should already be underway by then. I hope There's no prevarication and delaying tactics.