Brexit - in or out

When the UK economy is so strong, it is hard to see the specific and serious damage that Brexit would put right.

tbh I think you need to grow a pair and stop talking Britain down.

I tried to explain this to you previously.
The Brits are extremely resourceful and I have no doubt that we will go out into the world and make a great success of it. How big a success we make of it will depend on how bold we are.

Post leave, nothing changes, it's business as usual. We should use this time to make progress by getting out there and negotiating more deals with the rest of the world, whilst making suitable reciprocal arrangements with the EU. This will be the challenge for our own government and we can judge their achievements accordingly.

Have to start calling your Sparky as you are obviously the bright one (y)

Haven't talked anything down. Just put up a few links with my comments on the articles. Can you read English?

Post leave nothing changes you say. Thanks for letting me know because I was genuinely worried nothing would ever be the same again but now I feel so much better.

Thanks. :)

I,m out. We want to take control of our borders as well as all our laws and taxes. Also cancelling the net £B 10 pa contribution to the EU will improve our finances and balance of payments. Outside the expensive customs union of the EU Britain could buy what it needs more cheaply eg. food. We would be in a better position to further develop trade relationships with faster growing Asian and Commonwealth countries as well as having reciprical trading relationships with the EU.

He is talking out his poopoo. Firstly it isn't 20 billion it is 29 billion because the economy is worth more than he thinks. Secondly he implies the 1 percent forecast (remain official estimate) being a mammoth compared to the EU contributions. So we lose 1 percent (29 billion), so what, we lost 478 billion in the 2008 crisis and we have grown since to return to the point we were before it bust. This is the sort of man that gets a paper cut and runs to A&E. Not even worth further discussion.

The EU payments in my opinion is one small element to a larger picture. It too will be dwarfed by the potential this country has to make back the loss and grow beyond.

Last edited:
So to use the wisdom of some here.
Dax down more than FTSE in pre trading means Brexit better for the UK then.
Hang Seng down more than the Dax means Brexit worse for Hong Kong than Frankfurt and London.
Economics is so simple when put this way by some very clever people here, well I should say copied and pasted from who they consider wise.

I see Sir Bob bafoon was mocking and laughing at fishermen on the Thames yesterday. Another nail in the remain coffin. At the same time, Osborne's scaremongering budget post brexit was shoved right up his @rse when 57 tories said they wouldn't support it followed by labour. He must be walking like a duck out of Parliament.

I wouldn't be surprised if undecided voters vote to leave just to give these clowns the boot

Trouble with you Brexit lot is that your close your ears to any voice but your own.

Why, I bet most of you even think laws are passed in the EU by unelected Eurocrats :LOL:

Ps: 4/7 versus 11/8 today, closer still

Last edited:
Trouble with you Brexit lot is that your close your ears to any voice but your own.

Why, I bet most of you even think laws are passed in the EU by unelected Eurocrats :LOL:

Ps: 4/7 versus 11/8 today, closer still

Is that 4/7 IN and 11/8 OUT ?

the trouble with the remain lots they listen to the wrong sources and take it as unbiased assessments. Lets recap some of these:

imf - eu funded
ifs - partly funded by eu
kpmg - influenced by wealthy clients and has been sued numerous times for tax evasion schemes. The list of times it has been involved in dodgy dealings is almost yearly (source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KPMG#Recent_history section - Accounting improprieties)

You assume the average out voter is stupid enough to think "laws are passed in the EU by unelected Eurocrats". This is a bet you will lose

One of the few positive things to have come out of this referendum debate is a unique insight into the character, intellect and ambitions of our MPs - (but look hard because there may not be anything to see). Also, don't forget the silent ones who fancy their career chances whatever the outcome. A paradox arises when many say "we're not getting our message across" when in fact that is exactly what they have achieved but the punters don't like it. Ah well, just as in trading – never a dull day!

Last edited:
The in out, can't make their minds up, swing voters will be dithering until the last minute, even then they'll probably put a cross in both boxes [emoji90]

the trouble with the remain lots they listen to the wrong sources and take it as unbiased assessments. Lets recap some of these:

imf - eu funded
kpmg - influenced by wealthy clients and has been sued numerous times for tax evasion schemes. The list of times it has been involved in dodgy dealings is almost yearly (source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KPMG#Recent_history section - Accounting improprieties)

You assume the average out voter is stupid enough to think "laws are passed in the EU by unelected Eurocrats". This is a bet you will lose

Well most of the brexiteers I talk to are very black and white in their view whereas most remainers I talk to see it as an "on balance" conclusion based on weighing the facts (thin on the ground are facts) from both sides.

I hope I would lose the bet.

imf - eu funded

Everyone, including organisations, individuals, corporations, governments etc have an agenda.

The only way to make an informed decision is to first question everyone's agenda, or in other words, apply some common sense logic whilst searching for the truth.

Some people are very good at working out what the truth is. So good in fact, that they can tell you in advance how the story unfolds and what the result will be. A bit like this thread has done.

Everything is known in advance. :)

Everyone, including organisations, individuals, corporations, governments etc have an agenda.

The only way to make an informed decision is to first question everyone's agenda, or in other words, apply some common sense logic whilst searching for the truth.

Some people are very good at working out what the truth is. So good in fact, that they can tell you in advance how the story unfolds and what the result will be. A bit like this thread has done.

Everything is known in advance. :)

There are no facts
My mailbag’s been drowning with questions. The biggest being: Please just tell us the facts, what’ll happen if we leave?

I’m sorry, but actually there are no facts about what happens next.

Anyone who tells you they KNOW what’ll happen if we leave the EU is a liar.

Predicting exact numbers for economic, immigration or house price change is nonsense.

What’s proposed is unprecedented. All the studies, models and hypotheses are based on assumptions – that’s guesstimate and hope.

So accept the need to wrestle with uncertainty.

Martin-Lewis.jpg

On balance I thought his assessment is fair. Very fair.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/money-saving-expert-martin-lewis-8121255

There are no facts
My mailbag’s been drowning with questions. The biggest being: Please just tell us the facts, what’ll happen if we leave?

I’m sorry, but actually there are no facts about what happens next.

Anyone who tells you they KNOW what’ll happen if we leave the EU is a liar.

Predicting exact numbers for economic, immigration or house price change is nonsense.

What’s proposed is unprecedented. All the studies, models and hypotheses are based on assumptions – that’s guesstimate and hope.

So accept the need to wrestle with uncertainty.

Martin-Lewis.jpg

On balance I thought his assessment is fair. Very fair.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/money-saving-expert-martin-lewis-8121255

I'm talking about the result of the referendum.
As always you miss the point.