Brexit - in or out

Everyone, including organisations, individuals, corporations, governments etc have an agenda.

The only way to make an informed decision is to first question everyone's agenda, or in other words, apply some common sense logic whilst searching for the truth.

Some people are very good at working out what the truth is. So good in fact, that they can tell you in advance how the story unfolds and what the result will be. A bit like this thread has done.

Everything is known in advance. :)

I'm talking about the result of the referendum.
As always you miss the point.

Everyone, everything, always... and you say I miss your point :LOL:

Remain 4/6 now, things are getting more and more fun.

My bet at 2/5 is dying but I more than made up for it on £/Y and Dax this morning alone.

Come on people be brave, get out.

4/6 gone now back to 4/7 must be a poll somewhere or maybe the possibility of being European champions feels better if you are in! Ok steady on Brexit is one thing the other utter madness.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...warning-as-officials-hold-rate-before-eu-vote

Just one week before the U.K. votes on its membership of the 28-nation bloc, the Monetary Policy Committee -- led by Governor Mark Carney -- said uncertainty was already having an impact and this could heighten if Britain quits.
That may mean a “materially lower path for growth and a notably higher path for inflation” as well as a rise in unemployment,
officials said in a statement on Thursday that accompanied their decision to keep the key interest rate at a record-low 0.5 percent.

This is an important warning and one that will significantly impact UK earnings and lost revenue.

The economy outweighs EU fees
EU fees have become a hot potato politically, but it’s worth establishing the scale of the debate.

The size of the UK’s annual economic activity was £1,800 billion in 2015.
The annual fees to the EU in 2015 were £18 billion, but we get a rebate, after that the fees are £13 billion, plus there’s the money the EU spends money in the UK; so what it actually costs us is £8.5 billion.
So while fees for the EU club are huge, they’re dwarfed by the scale of our economy.

That doesn’t diminish them as a political issue, but it does mean they can’t be viewed in isolation.

Just a 1% economic change is £18 billion a year. The IN campaign’s worst case figure says Brexit could cost 7.5%, so that’s £135 billion.

Some OUT economists say the gain could be 4%, so £72 billion. Regardless of which is right, it shows how you think the nation’s finances will swing should outweigh your view on fees.

Basically, the Brexit campaign has been very good at pointing out the other side of the green fence about what you will gain; wages will rise, house prices will fall, no more regulation or directives on trade, trade with anyone you want anywhere in the world, control migration, reduce pressure on public services, help schools and hospitals and be able to vote out Boris and Gove if they get it wrong as we'll be a sovereign state.

What they do not mention is what if they are wrong and we are not able to grow pairs and our backs do in fact turn out to be spineless.

- What if Brazil reduces to agree to a trade deal with us and maintains 17% tariffs on hovercrafts.
- What if Japan relocates.
- What if investment banks relocate to Europe.
- What if foreign investment decides to locate in Germany France Italy or Spain
- What if aging population continues to age and a bigger tax burden is to be carried by a reduced working population

Recessions tend to be self fulfilling. They will feed off each other once expectations set in. In fact investment has already stopped along with building as big corp wait to see outcome.

Anyone who thinks after a Brexit vote they'll continue is living up in lala land.

So you can grow as many pairs as you guys like. Indeed I hope yours are as big as conkers but you know it will not make the slightest of the smallest difference to how the rest of the World will view opportunities in the isolationist UK.

Big money at stake here. Literally 100s of billions not 10s. Quite easy to lose 10 years membership fee in a few months. Not my calcuations just other peoples.

Serious thinking required. You be the judge (y)

Good luck with those pairs :cool:

Last edited:
Don't give a to55.....how hard can this be...........it's about being a country, self rule and determination.......keep typing the same waffle.........No Body in the leave camp cares.

Just had my daughter on the phone telling me in the city she lives in, leave flags, banners and cars stickers out number England football flags 10-1.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...warning-as-officials-hold-rate-before-eu-vote

Just one week before the U.K. votes on its membership of the 28-nation bloc, the Monetary Policy Committee -- led by Governor Mark Carney -- said uncertainty was already having an impact and this could heighten if Britain quits.
That may mean a “materially lower path for growth and a notably higher path for inflation” as well as a rise in unemployment,
officials said in a statement on Thursday that accompanied their decision to keep the key interest rate at a record-low 0.5 percent.

This is an important warning and one that will significantly impact UK earnings and lost revenue.

The economy outweighs EU fees
EU fees have become a hot potato politically, but it’s worth establishing the scale of the debate.

The size of the UK’s annual economic activity was £1,800 billion in 2015.
The annual fees to the EU in 2015 were £18 billion, but we get a rebate, after that the fees are £13 billion, plus there’s the money the EU spends money in the UK; so what it actually costs us is £8.5 billion.
So while fees for the EU club are huge, they’re dwarfed by the scale of our economy.

That doesn’t diminish them as a political issue, but it does mean they can’t be viewed in isolation.

Just a 1% economic change is £18 billion a year. The IN campaign’s worst case figure says Brexit could cost 7.5%, so that’s £135 billion.

Some OUT economists say the gain could be 4%, so £72 billion. Regardless of which is right, it shows how you think the nation’s finances will swing should outweigh your view on fees.

Basically, the Brexit campaign has been very good at pointing out the other side of the green fence about what you will gain; wages will rise, house prices will fall, no more regulation or directives on trade, trade with anyone you want anywhere in the world, control migration, reduce pressure on public services, help schools and hospitals and be able to vote out Boris and Gove if they get it wrong as we'll be a sovereign state.

What they do not mention is what if they are wrong and we are not able to grow pairs and our backs do in fact turn out to be spineless.

- What if Brazil reduces to agree to a trade deal with us and maintains 17% tariffs on hovercrafts.
- What if Japan relocates.
- What if investment banks relocate to Europe.
- What if foreign investment decides to locating in Germany France Italy or Spain
- What if aging population continues to age and a bigger tax burden is to be carried by a reduced working population

Recessions tend to be self fulfilling. They will feed off each other once expectations set in. In fact investment has already stopped along with building as big corp wait to see outcome.

Anyone who thinks after an Brexit vote they'll continue is living up in lala land.

So you can grow as many pairs as you guys like. Indeed I hope yours are as big as conkers but you know it will not make the slightest of the smallest difference to how the rest of the World will view opportunities in the isolationist UK.

Big money at stake here. Literally 100s of billions not 10s. Quite easy to lose 10 years membership fee in a few months. Not my calcuations just other peoples.

Serious thinking required. You be the judge [emoji106]

Good luck with those pairs :cool:
Hundreds of billions! Where are you getting this number?

When you ramp up the scare tactics you must ramp up the pound figures too.....I recon they will be rolling out the trillion figures about Wednesday.ish.....:LOL:

Don't give a to55.....how hard can this be...........it's about being a country, self rule and determination.......keep typing the same waffle.........No Body in the leave camp cares.

Just had my daughter on the phone telling me in the city she lives in, leave flags, banners and cars stickers out number England football flags 10-1.

That is because the football flags are now deemed racist but self rule is ok.

Incredibly hard. Considering for the last 150 years our industry and economic standing has been in perpetual decline. There was a time once upon a blue moon, £1=$10.

You can tell if a country is able to earn it's way by looking at the strength of currency.

Just before 2007/8 crash £1=$2.10 That's because everybody was searching for a safe haven and the City of London was it. Then it was noticed that we were no different to the yanks and hey presto £1=£1.22 again.

In the event of a Brexit if the GU holds 1.20s I'd think it would be a strong vote of confidence, maybe we can just pull this off.

However, as we don't have cars, bikes, rails, ships or pretty much anything remotely industrial other than aeroplanes and a few tanks - there is no need to produce steel, so soon that industry will soon be going down the pan along with building industry.

We will soon be importing spoons and forks. Wondering what forker will have to say about that :cheesy:

Please do not accuse me of being spineless or not having big enough pairs as that kind of language really does my head in. I'm not easily scared frightened or put off by anything. I've served my time coming up the ranks thanks and looking forward to early retirement. I am however, very anxious about the outcome of a Brexit (scared sh1tless you might appreciate) and suffering that will be inflicted on millions of Brits from years of unemployment, low growth and pension short falls. Businesses and investment will vacate England. UK will be exposed to risk of breakup.

So when you ask how hard can this be...

I reckon it's going to be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong but feel it in my bones. Very strongly. It's all bad vibes and brexit right now is soooo wrong, especially so when we are doing so well.

:!:

Stop talking flag rubbish you lil scary mouse. I've seen so many flags up and no broken windows. Down where I am even pensioners in their bungalows have them up. One has a photo of her cat, the union jack and BetterIn poster too. Next to three others saying Brexit.

I've also counted 4 Union Jacks and one St Georges Cross flag followed by a European flag along the South Coast heading West from Brighton. I suspect they are all neighbours taunting each other.

Where do you really live other than Germany and Siberia, Banglatown Brick Lane :LOL:

I reckon deflation is a much bigger worry for global economics than a Brexit.

Governments needs inflation, QE has stored much bigger problems for the future, if we go into a global recession and Armageddon, history will not judge it on Brexit, but on irresponsible regulation and actions by central banks and governments leading to a deflationary era and currency wars.

So in or out we are shafted either way.

Incredibly hard. Considering for the last 150 years our industry and economic standing has been in perpetual decline. There was a time once upon a blue moon, £1=$10.

You can tell if a country is able to earn it's way by looking at the strength of currency.

Just before 2007/8 crash £1=$2.10 That's because everybody was searching for a safe haven and the City of London was it. Then it was noticed that we were no different to the yanks and hey presto £1=£1.22 again.

In the event of a Brexit if the GU holds 1.20s I'd think it would be a strong vote of confidence, maybe we can just pull this off.

However, as we don't have cars, bikes, rails, ships or pretty much anything remotely industrial other than aeroplanes and a few tanks - there is no need to produce steel, so soon that industry will soon be going down the pan along with building industry.

We will soon be importing spoons and forks. Wondering what forker will have to say about that :cheesy:

Please do not accuse me of being spineless or not having big enough pairs as that kind of language really does my head in. I'm not easily scared frightened or put off by anything. I've served my time coming up the ranks thanks and looking forward to early retirement. I am however, very anxious about the outcome of a Brexit (scared sh1tless you might appreciate) and suffering that will be inflicted on millions of Brits from years of unemployment, low growth and pension short falls. Businesses and investment will vacate England. UK will be exposed to risk of breakup.

So when you ask how hard can this be...

I reckon it's going to be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong but feel it in my bones. Very strongly. It's all bad vibes and brexit right now is soooo wrong, especially so when we are doing so well.

:!:

You just come across as living in your own bubble, institutionalised at work and not used to thinking outside a narrow band.......hell this is so boring, this really shows a split in thinking across the country.

Hundreds of billions! Where are you getting this number?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...rds-6000-and-pound-falls-as-brexit-fears-dri/

FTSE 100 loses £100bn in four days as Brexit paralyses markets and pound crumbles

Doing Sparkies job for him now... ;)

Note it's not the Evening Standard :idea:

Wouldn't like you to accuse me of bias. :cool:

Ermm that's at the prospect of it occurring. It could be worse?

Market really doesn't give a flying hoot about what you and I think or say.

UK GDP 2.8 Trillion.
Last years growth was approx 0.6%

Now calculate what the growth, stalling of growth or decline maybe if Brexit materialises, markets in the UK take fright the pound falls and all UK assets depreciate and get sold off.

Imagine how much people retiring in the next 2-3 years may lose from their pension pot.

Forget imagine. Just do the sums what if? Humour me.

Then take your 10bn per annum to see how far it takes you?

Scare mongering indeed.

A friend at work thinks this is all great. He can't wait for the out vote. He talks much like you guys. He says it's going to be a 'blast'. He has the vote and his going to use it.

It's going to be a blast. He is all hyper. Go figure! :eek:

I read an interesting article written by a Liberal ironically called "The Liberal Blindspot". It shows the problems that arise from political correctness. Liberals are quick to the point the finger at Conservatives and Conservatives do the same; however, Liberals are ironically the ones that claim that they are so accepting. Conservatives do not make such claims. It is extremely amusing how people will point how bigoted or intolerant the Conservatives while behaving bigoted and intolerant.

Voltaire: “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

It’s rare for a column to inspire widespread agreement, but that one led to a consensus: Almost every liberal agreed that I was dead wrong.

“You don’t diversify with idiots,” asserted the reader comment on The Times’s website that was most recommended by readers (1,099 of them). Another: Conservatives “are narrow-minded and are sure they have the right answers.”

Finally, this one recommended by readers: “I am grossly disappointed in you for this essay, Mr. Kristof. You have spent so much time in troubled places seemingly calling out misogyny and bigotry. And yet here you are, scolding and shaming progressives for not mindlessly accepting patriarchy, misogyny, complementarianism, and hateful, hateful bigotry against the LGBTQ community into the academy.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/29/opinion/sunday/the-liberal-blind-spot.html?_r=0

Last edited:
I'll make a prediction that when the FTSE goes up next Friday, the Telegraph (and all the popular press) will attribute the reason to Brexit.

Go figure :cool:

Market goes down....News say it Brexit.

Market next week goes up.....News...........not a word.......:whistling

I reckon deflation is a much bigger worry for global economics than a Brexit.

Governments needs inflation, QE has stored much bigger problems for the future, if we go into a global recession and Armageddon, history will not judge it on Brexit, but on irresponsible regulation and actions by central banks and governments leading to a deflationary era and currency wars.

So in or out we are shafted either way.

You are right there
The world, doesnt really give a sh1t about Brexit. The markets will for a few days, then wont. In a week it will all be over anyway
There are far larger worries, such as the deflationary juggernaut thats coming down the line. Brexit, in or out, isnt going to stop that happening.