Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Strangest thing... I’m sat in a room on my own and I swear I just heard a voice say “iceberg, right ahead”

Man have I used up some luck over the last couple weeks, how I've not gone broke yet I don't know. Currently sat at a profit now

With due respect, these are premium news terminals costing me almost £200 a month and found in investment banks, some exchanges, and other professional institutions. I know this because I have worked at many of them. If the information was useless and deceptive then why would any trading business take it seriously. You really don't understand this side to the business and clearly holding a baseless belief.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'd be completely shocked if that wasn't true...

Your assumption that people trade off analyst tips is wrong. This is the biggest myth when it comes to trading news next to the belief that institutions feed wrong information to gain better pricing (illegal). Trading using analyst digested information has nothing to do with tips, opinions, or personal bias. These guys are sourcing information off news feeds from reputable institutions like Reuters and Bloomberg and follow people like trump on twitter because he does move markets.

I have worked at large trading institutions, exchanges, and a hedge fund. What they don't do is look at a chart and place a trade based on a parrten or any technical information for that matter. The larger institutions employ teams that price test trading models to define real-time feedback into risk and profit as well as supply compliance reporting to regulators.

Word salad= Bull****

Every institution i have worked at base their trading ideas off fundamental information and financial models to manage their risk

Apparently, you avoided working for any institution which made money through price fixing,mis selling products and all the other scams that the financial industry routinely practice.

The fact that you use the example of fines being imposed on them as proof of how honest they all are and how well the entire system is regulated with the implication there's zero tolerance for criminality is utterly laughable.

. Hedge funds just do pure news trading with a team of analysts assisting the information flow.

No.

I get the feeling you are being sarcastic with your request on how the business works so I will leave it there.

How the business works?... Gimme a break.

I'd be completely shocked if that wasn't true...

Barclays investment bank
New York stock exchange
Ftse
JPMorgan
Credit Suisse
Mizuho investment bank
Deutsche Börse
Goldman Sachs
Thomson Reuters

That's where I have worked and working with trade data alongside analysts and traders. Where exactly have you worked besides retail trading?

With due respect, these are premium news terminals costing me almost £200 a month and found in investment banks, some exchanges, and other professional institutions. I know this because I have worked at many of them. If the information was useless and deceptive then why would any trading business take it seriously. You really don't understand this side to the business and clearly holding a baseless belief.

Don’t dispute what you say but according to your 80%/20% thread you are trading a £400 account and looking to turn that into £600 in a year or so when you will up the ante. If you are paying out £200 a month for a news feed that’s pretty expensive given the account size.

Don’t dispute what you say but according to your 80%/20% thread you are trading a £400 account and looking to turn that into £600 in a year or so when you will up the ante. If you are paying out £200 a month for a news feed that’s pretty expensive given the account size.
Those are the tools I need to get an edge trading. Sure they are expensive and yes for the account size it doesn't make sense but without them I won't have an edge. The £400 account is now £783 in the space of a year at 10 pence per pip @10:1 leverage, so I am not at all concerned that as the account is growing and in the not to distant future it will pay for itself.

:devilish:

Attachments

• lab.png
    lab.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 125
I learned everything I need to know to get an edge in trading from this free course on youtube.

Barclays investment bank
New York stock exchange
Ftse
JPMorgan
Credit Suisse
Mizuho investment bank
Deutsche Börse
Goldman Sachs
Thomson Reuters

That's where I have worked and working with trade data alongside analysts and traders. Where exactly have you worked besides retail trading?

I don't think so mate.

I could be wrong of course.

But calling yourself 'FXX'

Trading a £400 acc (apparently)

And typing some names we've all heard of doesn't really cut it .

Doesn't really cut it by a long long way.

I'd expect someone who had the background you claim to have to.. how shall I put this?

Treat us all to a vastly different internet/trading forum/ experience than the one you have so far conjured up.

By insinuating that I need to have a similar CV before I can challenge you is the part (as I always say) where you give yourself away.

I'm done here because this is Brewski's (excellent) thread .. Up to you If you want to carry on digging yourself a hole.

I learned everything I need to know to get an edge in trading from this free course on youtube.

we aren't investing here, we are trading. DAYTRADING. we could see this next week down...MONTH

Last edited:
I don't think so mate.

I could be wrong of course.

But calling yourself 'FXX'

Trading a £400 acc (apparently)

And typing some names we've all heard of doesn't really cut it .

Doesn't really cut it by a long long way.

I'd expect someone who had the background you claim to have to.. how shall I put this?

Treat us all to a vastly different internet/trading forum/ experience than the one you have so far conjured up.

By insinuating that I need to have a similar CV before I can challenge you is the part (as I always say) where you give yourself away.

I'm done here because this is Brewski's (excellent) thread .. Up to you If you want to carry on digging yourself a hole.

So you can't cough up a single piece of work experience at a large institution and yet you have the audacity to tell me I am speaking out my @rse. So with zero experience of how they operate you think you can confront me with nothing other than bull. Not a single constructive argument only bull. I have read your thread and noticed you b!tch!NG about 15 trades and only making 32 pips. You actually moan a lot and as far as I can tell there isn't much there to discuss. Move along with your 5h!tty attitude because you bring absolutely nothing to the discussion except spam.

So you can't cough up a single piece of work experience at a large institution and yet you have the audacity to tell me I am speaking out my @rse. So with zero experience of how they operate you think you can confront me with nothing other than bull. Not a single constructive argument only bull. I have read your thread and noticed you b!tch!NG about 15 trades and only making 32 pips. You actually moan a lot and as far as I can tell there isn't much there to discuss. Move along with your 5h!tty attitude because you bring absolutely nothing to the discussion except spam.

Woah it must be hot on that commuter train. One day you'll make enough money on the side to trade full time like the rest of us. Just be patient (although at £383 profit per year your going to need to be VERY patient).
If you rely on your news feed to inform your trading decisions your not going to make money. Having worked for 4 major trading companies (one of which is in your list) you should know that all news / twitter feeds are parsed by computers and trades made on the back of that news in fractions of a second.
You will also know that news is embargoed for major events and so IS known about before hand and despite Chinese walls IS traded upon beforehand.
Both points mean your 'edge' is very dull.

Your news feed is a comfort blanket which gives you the illusion you are making well informed trades. However the market does not react in a rational way to news items and so this blanket is quite threadbear.

I switched off my news feeds a long time ago (I dont even have a TV) because the information you are being 'fed' is put there by people who want to take all your money.
News feeds will give you facts that might make you think you should buy 'xyz' and then later will feed you another story about why you should sell 'xyz' you will have already made up your mind what you wanted to do with 'xyz' before reading either of those stories and will use the one that supports your view as evidence of why your trade is a good one. This is a well documented aspect of human decision making which you can read more on in “The Enigma of Reason” A New Theory of Human Understanding.

Find an empty seat have a sit down and relax, youll be home soon.

Woah it must be hot on that commuter train. One day you'll make enough money on the side to trade full time like the rest of us. Just be patient (although at £383 profit per year your going to need to be VERY patient).
If you rely on your news feed to inform your trading decisions your not going to make money. Having worked for 4 major trading companies (one of which is in your list) you should know that all news / twitter feeds are parsed by computers and trades made on the back of that news in fractions of a second.
You will also know that news is embargoed for major events and so IS known about before hand and despite Chinese walls IS traded upon beforehand.
Both points mean your 'edge' is very dull.

Your news feed is a comfort blanket which gives you the illusion you are making well informed trades. However the market does not react in a rational way to news items and so this blanket is quite threadbear.

I switched off my news feeds a long time ago (I dont even have a TV) because the information you are being 'fed' is put there by people who want to take all your money.
News feeds will give you facts that might make you think you should buy 'xyz' and then later will feed you another story about why you should sell 'xyz' you will have already made up your mind what you wanted to do with 'xyz' before reading either of those stories and will use the one that supports your view as evidence of why your trade is a good one. This is a well documented aspect of human decision making which you can read more on in “The Enigma of Reason” A New Theory of Human Understanding.

Find an empty seat have a sit down and relax, youll be home soon.

I have only been trading for about 16 months so you can keep your sarcasm about waiting a long time to make any money to yourself. You are not making an ounce of sense stating I am not going to make any money off my news feeds especially in light of my account being a stone throw away from being doubled in a year. Given that you have worked at these places you should know that only a small division is dedicated to automated trading and that the rest of the traders operate manually off internal analysts as well as their own news feeds. You don't need to be microsecond response to make money off of it.

The hilarious thing about all this is you seem to have an illusion of news feeds stating buy xyz bla bla bla. If this is your perception of how to trade the news then no wonder it has never worked for you because it doesn't work like that in the real world.

I have only been trading for about 16 months so you can keep your sarcasm about waiting a long time to make any money to yourself. You are not making an ounce of sense stating I am not going to make any money off my news feeds especially in light of my account being a stone throw away from being doubled in a year. Given that you have worked at these places you should know that only a small division is dedicated to automated trading and that the rest of the traders operate manually off internal analysts as well as their own news feeds. You don't need to be microsecond response to make money off of it.

The hilarious thing about all this is you seem to have an illusion of news feeds stating buy xyz bla bla bla. If this is your perception of how to trade the news then no wonder it has never worked for you because it doesn't work like that in the real world.

16 months yet you feel bold enough to tell everyone else how to go about it. You are in nursery school so far as trading is concerned so don’t presume to tell those who have graduated what it’s all about. Also if you toot your horn it’s as well not to play any bum notes.

Totally agree, I read your posts on the previous page,if anybody with half a brain reads it they'll glean some useful information from it, shame it turns into a forum with people busting to swing their b@llocks about, same old same old eh !!

We have waaay too many people on this forum claiming to make "a living" from trading !

Just wish there were more people like Brewski & yourself on the forum to actually tell it how it is !

16 months yet you feel bold enough to tell everyone else how to go about it. You are in nursery school so far as trading is concerned so don’t presume to tell those who have graduated what it’s all about. Also if you toot your horn it’s as well not to play any bum notes.

Graduated to what ?

Trading for 16 months but been in the industry almost 20 years working alongside guys making millions. Why don't you offer up constructive criticism instead of b!tching about others.