Brewski's Leverage Abuse

It's true but I've had great fun doing this thread. It's such a shame it's getting ruined by the changes

The margin changes, I've got 1 week left to accumulate a massive position and run it as long as I can

I'm now £20pp long at an average price of 25,055 with my stop at breakeven. All stops are guaranteed so no worries about holding over the weekend, I am looking to double up to £40pp if the Dow can get to around the 25150 level however as always, getting taken out at breakeven will be the most likely result.

Out at breakeven again, honestly can’t believe I haven’t had one of these run for me yet. I don’t think I’ve ever had such a long run of no losers but no winners either.

Out at breakeven again, honestly can’t believe I haven’t had one of these run for me yet. I don’t think I’ve ever had such a long run of no losers but no winners either.

would you suggest this is topping action in play?

it is JULY, well into the summer doldrums, and at nose bleed highs ././

Sell in May and go away, and come on back on St. Leger's Day. thats October :D

The DOW can't keep up with the NAS, and Bozos net worth is exceeding 150 billion.

20yrs ago he was selling books out his garage.

something is out of whack imo

too much too fast comes to mind here

I’ve no idea pip, I’ll still be looking to buy either Dow or Oil next week. Hoping for a big gap down over the weekend

would you suggest this is topping action in play?

it is JULY, well into the summer doldrums, and at nose bleed highs ././

Sell in May and go away, and come on back on St. Leger's Day. thats October :D

You complete tool St. Leger's Day is in September FFS.

Right, one week before the changes. I should have lost this account so far so in my mind I've got nothing to lose. Dax took a hit yesterday so there might be some value there, I may try and do an initial stake of £25pp with only a 40 point stop and hope to catch a move and get to £100pp. 40 point stop is very risky though and I could literally be wiped out in minutes.

Going to try not to open a position before tomorrow morning but I'm itching to gamble so if we get a gap down at 11pm when dow/dax open here I'll be in

Going to try not to open a position before tomorrow morning but I'm itching to gamble so if we get a gap down at 11pm when dow/dax open here I'll be in

Just an observation Brew.

Tue/Wed/Thur are the days when meat of the moves show up, this is more than likely because they are heavier news days. Mon/Fri tend to be quieter unless there has been, or is likely to be bad news on the weekend.

So for me Mondays is about getting a feel, staying light until something shows up. Midweek, we should be hammering the trend and Fridays we should be profit taking and lightening up ready for the weekend.

Right, one week before the changes. I should have lost this account so far so in my mind I've got nothing to lose. Dax took a hit yesterday so there might be some value there, I may try and do an initial stake of £25pp with only a 40 point stop and hope to catch a move and get to £100pp. 40 point stop is very risky though and I could literally be wiped out in minutes.

You do realise with so much money at stake the SB's have already come up with another way of allowing degenerate gamblers like yourself (no offence ;)) an opportunity to give them all their money.
I give it 3 weeks after the changes take effect before a 'new scheme' will be available to regular punters with the same leverage available today.

Just an observation Brew.

Tue/Wed/Thur are the days when meat of the moves show up, this is more than likely because they are heavier news days. Mon/Fri tend to be quieter unless there has been, or is likely to be bad news on the weekend.

So for me Mondays is about getting a feel, staying light until something shows up. Midweek, we should be hammering the trend and Fridays we should be profit taking and lightening up ready for the weekend.

That's far too much analysis for me mate, I'm just loading up as soon as I can :LOL:

You do realise with so much money at stake the SB's have already come up with another way of allowing degenerate gamblers like yourself (no offence ;)) an opportunity to give them all their money.
I give it 3 weeks after the changes take effect before a 'new scheme' will be available to regular punters with the same leverage available today.

I hope you're right and if so, I'll load up another grand (y)