Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Right guys, interesting debate but let’s get back to business.

Yet again I got away with it yesterday, luck has certainly been on my side. I’m currently £18pp long from 25040 (sep not cash) with stop at break even. Either I read it wrong or they’ve moved the goal posts but I will have no choice but to close by the end of the week as even guaranteed stops will need the new margin rates. So trying to accumulate a position for a runner has now changed to just trying to get as much cash as possible meaning I will be taking profits at some point and not trailing. I may just go all in massive stakes on Friday afternoon depending on what’s in my account. I’m working all day so I’ll be back this afternoon to post screenshots of anything interesting.

Good luck you b@llsy b@stard ;)

I've recommended this thread to a friend who I think will be inspired by your honesty, quite refreshing to see a different angle too.

Right guys, interesting debate but let’s get back to business.

Yet again I got away with it yesterday, luck has certainly been on my side. I’m currently £18pp long from 25040 (sep not cash) with stop at break even. Either I read it wrong or they’ve moved the goal posts but I will have no choice but to close by the end of the week as even guaranteed stops will need the new margin rates. So trying to accumulate a position for a runner has now changed to just trying to get as much cash as possible meaning I will be taking profits at some point and not trailing. I may just go all in massive stakes on Friday afternoon depending on what’s in my account. I’m working all day so I’ll be back this afternoon to post screenshots of anything interesting.

This is your week Brewski - you either going to break yourself or your broker - either way you will be a T2W legend

Good luck you b@llsy b@stard ;)

I've recommended this thread to a friend who I think will be inspired by your honesty, quite refreshing to see a different angle too.

Awesome, just as long as he’s aware that this isn’t really a trading strategy. I’d hate to be the reason someone lost a lot of money.

This is your week Brewski - you either going to break yourself or your broker - either way you will be a T2W legend

Breaking myself currently :LOL:

Last edited:
Out at Breakeven again! This time by just a few points and now it’s right back up, very frustrating game this. I know I’m lucky to still have my £1000 but I’ve bern unlucky not to get one give me some breathing room.

Not sure where to go next, I’m not chasing Dow so I’ll leave it unless it goes back to 25050 level. Might have to get in on Brent again

Awesome, just as long as he’s aware that this isn’t really a trading strategy. I’d hate to be the reason someone lost a lot of money.

Breaking myself currently :LOL:

Too late mate, he went all in on black, he lost his shirt......last saw him screaming something about "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO MEEEEE GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY !!!!!"

Then the security guards took him away, one of the guards looked the spitting image of David Knight, I swear to god, probably just me !!

No, you're safe mate, I don't like to hang too much with numptys, he's very switched on, just wanted him to see the forum can sometimes offer something different !

I’m crying at the Dow right now, I got taken out by 3 points earlier like some sort of mug!

I had no idea what to bet on next so I threw a dart at my screen, flicked a coin and then went long eur/usd - loading up on this one and I’ll put screenshots later to show the trades taken last couple days

That can’t be after the changes surely?

Yes it is!

This is the covering email I received:

Information about our global offices

Dear Mr. Brads

We have been receiving lots of questions from clients about the other locations in which we operate, so we have put together some information which you may find useful.

We operate 16 offices across the globe and are regulated in all of them, from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) in Australia and many places in between.

All of our global offerings are compliant with the relevant local regulation and therefore our products may vary slightly by office, as may access to certain other features. For instance, Australia does not have a compensation scheme equivalent to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK, but does operate an equivalent Financial Ombudsmen Service (FOS) to handle customer complaints.

Across all of our offices, we always strive to treat our customers fairly and focus on delivering the best possible customer outcomes. We also strictly apply client money rules in all of our global offices, meaning that your client money is segregated and protected to the highest possible standard. Whichever global offering you choose, you’ll receive the same market-leading technology and unrivalled support that you expect from IG.

Compare our global offering
How to apply
If you decide you’d like to open an additional account with another IG office, you’ll need to complete a new application form. This is because your new account will be entirely separate from your UK account, with a new username and password.

From the global comparison page, please click on the location you are interested in for more details.
We're here to help
If you have any questions about this or need assistance with your account, our highly trained client services team is available by phone or email 24 hours a day from 8am Saturday to 10pm Friday.

Kind regards

IG

I’m crying at the Dow right now, I got taken out by 3 points earlier like some sort of mug!

I had no idea what to bet on next so I threw a dart at my screen, flicked a coin and then went long eur/usd - loading up on this one and I’ll put screenshots later to show the trades taken last couple days

i'm long EURO too since yesterday afternoon

Attachments

• dw.jpg
    dw.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 226
I think this one is going to kill me, I've loaded up £40pp and crossed everything
Ecb interest rate and press conference on Thursday. There is a very good chance it will be range bound until then with little data releases between now and then. The data since the last conference has been mixed leaning towards bullish but not enough to alter their policy. I think you at least have in your favour a dollar that has little fresh reasons to continue buying and has had a good level of buying over the past weeks so you might get profit taking which will be good for your trade. If you survive this into Thursday then that press conference will either make or break you depending on what is said.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well I had a great run guys, I should have lost it all a few times before this. If I hadn't gone £40pp today I would have done it at the end of the week. It's a shame because I did get a few good moves and reached some decent stakes but just couldn't quite get enough breathing room to lock in some profits. Feels like the dream is over to be honest.

Not sure what I'll do next but I think I better get some overtime in :LOL:

Thanks for the thread brewski.. Try it again but start taking profits

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk