Brewski's Leverage Abuse

I may well get some pay on my short dax today.

What's the reason you want to go long ? You are going for the double top on the all time high ?

If the markets going up I buy, for me nothing has changed and I figure it will print a new high even if it does take a month or so. I realise this is a different time frame to what I'm trading (gambling) but I try and go with the higher probability.

It's funny how human nature works... people have been calling the top on the DOW for months, they were literally only going to be correct once but instead have been wrong repeatedly and probably taking a beating every time. I admit I didn't have the stones to trade it so it's probably a meaningless statement, although I did buy DOW last week and still lost :LOL:

I wouldn't call the top. But I do have the account capacity to handle being wrong going short. I am short on dax, ftse, and nasdaq. If a crash happens I would be laughing. They have to crash at some point. Looks to me they are waiting for an event to blame the crash on. Maybe a storm, an earthquake, etc.

I wouldn't call the top. But I do have the account capacity to handle being wrong going short. I am short on dax, ftse, and nasdaq. If a crash happens I would be laughing. They have to crash at some point. Looks to me they are waiting for an event to blame the crash on. Maybe a storm, an earthquake, etc.

yeah

Attachments

• giphy (2).gif
    giphy (2).gif
    108.9 KB · Views: 243
Gbp/usd down taken me out, still waiting patiently for the big win. Going major aggressive with the remaining balance (which isn't a lot) on the usd/jpy trade now

Not a lot happened yesterday, usd/jpy is keeping me afloat. I closed the Gold trade to free up some margin to load up on usd/jpy. Don't have enough margin to load up any higher than £5 a point at the moment, if I deposit more money for margin then that defeats the point.

Attachments

• 16 Trade.jpg
    16 Trade.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 108
Not a lot happened yesterday, usd/jpy is keeping me afloat. I closed the Gold trade to free up some margin to load up on usd/jpy. Don't have enough margin to load up any higher than £5 a point at the moment, if I deposit more money for margin then that defeats the point.

Not a lot is happening today as well. :sleep:

I admire the sentiment but the timing of your venture isn't great with the lack of trader fuel (volatility).

For some light reading here's one I did earlier.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/222904-how-tard-can.html#post2888380

Not a lot is happening today as well. :sleep:

I admire the sentiment but the timing of your venture isn't great with the lack of trader fuel (volatility).

For some light reading here's one I did earlier.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/222904-how-tard-can.html#post2888380

I think most people have had a go at doing something similar to this at some point, I remember loads of people on here had a go with the free £100 from Intertrader about 5 years ago.

I think most people have had a go at doing something similar to this at some point, I remember loads of people on here had a go with the free £100 from Intertrader about 5 years ago.

Well I took the bucketshop's 100 and closed the account. Can't remember if it was Intertrader or another one.

Added another position, seems to be working its way down. I haven't gone to breakeven just yet, kept it as far away as my account value will let me. I really would prefer to buy gbp/usd but I've got to let this run now, I figure it will trade down to 108 if not lower soon but it just depends on whether I get washed out before hand... essentially I'm using a 30 minute timeframe to try and get a daily timeframe target.

Attachments

• 17 Trade.jpg
    17 Trade.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 123
I've freed up some margin by moving my stop on usd/jpy and bought me some DAX, I'm itching to buy gbp/usd as its now near 1.30000 but I don't have any available funds (n)

Just as well. There's no magic in 1.30000. It will keep going down.

You're right there is no magic at 1.30000, never has been and never will be. I don't think it will keep going down though. It's a strange one because at the moment usd is a sell and so is gbp, a lot of times people who trade forex don't even understand what they're trading.

Ouch usd/jpy out at breakeven that hurts... lucky I caught that DAX to make up for it... I'll do a screenshot later