Books: Still a thing? What do you have?

trendie

Legendary member
Been going down the minimalist route, after redecorating, tidying up, etc, over past few weeks.

Books: I have always been a big reader, and keen collector.
We have e-readers, Google Books, etc.

I tend to buy non-fiction (dictionaries, biographies, art, science) as physical, and novels as e-books.
Do you still buy physical books?
If e-books, what proportion are e-books, and what physical?
Are there specific genres you buy physical, and which e-books?

I have a certain wariness about putting all our information on-line, as its so easy to tamper with, and leave no obvious trace.
The recent non-news (??) that Google removed Winston Churchills photo from list of UK PMs, should be cause for concern, as potentially information can apparently be arbitrarily changed.

A private, foreign company, theoretically decided what British history is, and what is, or is not, relevant to the British people, as opposed to by someone in a boardroom in California.
Is this a concern?
Should it be?

EDIT: just re-read all that. Bit stream-of-consciousness, sorry.

Last edited:
Google removed Winston Churchills photo from list of UK PMs
A private, foreign company, theoretically decided what British history is, and what is, or is not, relevant to the British people, as opposed to by someone in a boardroom in California.
Is this a concern?
Should it be?

And they have a strange definition of best too.:)

1592419062872.png

I still buy books. I enjoy reading a book as such, partly for the physical experience and partly for the location/context. Only non-fiction.