Book recommendation for an already Successful trader

Jason101

Experienced member
Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a book to read for someone who is happy with their trading. I am happy with my method, systems and returns.
But there maybe a book that may just inspire me to the next level, or just keep me on the right path. The last book I read was Mark Douglas.
It does not have to be directly about trading, maybe something inspirational or motivational? Or any other ideas you may have. What helped you?
Thanks
Jason

Last edited:
Hi Jason,
Interesting take on the age old book question - good idea!

I can't offer any suggestions in particular, but I think I know what sort of book I'd be interested in if I was in your shoes. Suppose the methodology you're happy with is a trend trading approach, I'd want to read any outstanding books on trend trading. Outstanding in both senses: in terms of content and books on the topic I've not read. You never know, there may just be a nugget of gold in there somewhere that enables you to refine your practice. After that, I'd look at reading up on approaches for trading range bound markets or, possibly, reversion to the mean strategies. If you currently trade directionally, I'd look to complement that with a delta neutral pairs strategy or, possibly, an options strategy etc., etc.

I feel bad about not recommending any book so, if you've never seriously looked at Point and Figure, this book will fix that and broaden your outlook and understanding of supply and demand: The Definitive Guide to Point and Figure by Jeremy du Plessis.
Enjoy!
Tim.

>>>

Attachments

• content.jpg
    content.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,078
@ Tar

Just ordered a copy! (after a quick look at the synopsis.)
Thanks Tar and Forexmospherian, really appreciated.
Just the sort of book I was after, brilliant, I am really looking forward to reading it now.

(EDIT: Tim and henlatourrette, I will look into these suggestions when I have some more time, thanks for your input.)

Last edited:
Interesting trading book (unless you know the approach already) - Harmonic Trading vol.1 by Scott Carney. You won't really be trading a new system by reading the book, because...well...it's just a book. But, it may do for you what it did for me, which is create a Eureka moment and lead me to explore other avenues I hadn't looked down before for trading.

Related to trading but more of a story - The Greatest Trade Ever by Gregory Zuckerman. It's about John Paulson. The story is pretty well documented, so everyone seems to know the ins and outs of it, but it's still an interesting read and not too heavy going.

A complete curveball here, but you asked for something inspirational. This is not related to trading at all, but I found it inspirational and it's the last book I read. Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl... really great book.

I have a load more, but I'll leave you with those ones for now as I think that's a nice little mix.

@ Tar

Just ordered a copy! (after a quick look at the synopsis.)
Thanks Tar and Forexmospherian, really appreciated.
Just the sort of book I was after, brilliant, I am really looking forward to reading it now.

(EDIT: Tim and henlatourrette, I will look into these suggestions when I have some more time, thanks for your input.)

Here's another one by Taleb :

The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 982
"Paul Wilmott Introduces Quantitative Finances"

Interesting approach..

Thanks that looks like an interesting book but when the time is right for me. I am on a pure trading, book break at the moment and am looking at general but related books, psychology and inspirational. I will come back to your suggestion it looks different and interesting but when the time is right.

Interesting trading book (unless you know the approach already) - Harmonic Trading vol.1 by Scott Carney. You won't really be trading a new system by reading the book, because...well...it's just a book. But, it may do for you what it did for me, which is create a Eureka moment and lead me to explore other avenues I hadn't looked down before for trading.

Related to trading but more of a story - The Greatest Trade Ever by Gregory Zuckerman. It's about John Paulson. The story is pretty well documented, so everyone seems to know the ins and outs of it, but it's still an interesting read and not too heavy going.

A complete curveball here, but you asked for something inspirational. This is not related to trading at all, but I found it inspirational and it's the last book I read. Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl... really great book.

I have a load more, but I'll leave you with those ones for now as I think that's a nice little mix.

Hi Blue, thanks for your reply. The Scott Carney book looks a bit "How to trade" for me at the moment, but I will look have a closer look (as with all suggestions) at some point in the future.
The Greatest Trade Ever looks like my next book and I am really taken by the synopses of "Man's Search for meaning"
Now that I am happy with my trading I am looking to be totally happy with my mind-set.
I am reading one book a month, but will often read it twice before moving on.

Here's another one by Taleb :

The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable

Thanks tar, I shall check this out after finishing fooled by randomness (which I am currently enjoying).