Bonds, Gilts, Treasuries and their exchanges

SCFX

Hi,

its been a long time since i have posted on T2W but i am slightly struggling to find the necessary markets, exchanges and tickers for my next leg of research.

I am trying to find the best etf, futures contract or other instrument that represents the government debt markets for the Swiss, Euro zone, UK and Japanese economies.

I have found much of this is available on NYSE Euronext, Liffe but then within trade TradeStation i can never find the corresponding ticker or instrument.

Does anyone know the best exchange, market or instrument for these debt markets? I am not looking to directly trade them but research how the changes in their price effects related and linked markets.

Thanks Charlie

Swiss is the toughest. The best you can do is the Conf futures on Eurex. For the Eurozone, you have the German, French and Italian bond futures, also on Eurex. For UK, it's gilt futures on LIFFE. For Japan, the right contract is the TSE JGB futures, although you might be able to use LIFFE, which is supposed to be fungible.