Boiler Room Scams

What are you implying....??

go on jungerns, work those brain cells, do a soduko or maybe a painting by numbers & then see if you can work out the implication.

connection clue #1: SPs = scammers; Harris = ?

clue #2:
? = sc_mmers

Come back when you have got it.

Just to let everyone know, latest scam I have come across is Mercator Amalgamated, sorry if this has been quoted before, but did a search and came up with no results.
They call you, say you have a number of shares, then say they can get you out (cash out), but you have to increase your shares by some amount, to reach a minimum.
The usual scam, pay the funds at your own risk ... it won't happen and you won't hear from them again. The name to ring alarm bells, Michael Fisher, company Mercator Amalgamated (supposedly based in Rome).

Saw the site. Looks like others for this boiler room guy, Hilton. take a look at one of his last deals.
Capital letters: Consumer champion Tony Levene fights for your rights | Money | The Guardian
Also supposedly in Rome.

I'll bet they are in bangkok as he has Thai wife and kids.

Don't be shy. When you get a call from these guys, usually a posh sounding brit with a made up name, confront them. Say, "How's the weather there in Rome?" I'll bet he reads from the yahoo weather report for the day. They all have info on the place they say they are calling from. It's a scam!

Folks- very new to this site, but I've read a lot about these scams and I nearly signed up. Thanks to the alerts here I haven't. They tried to sell me Norton Scientific and Blackhawk Mines. Both shares showed "pops" in price, but on miniscule volumes and are listed on Frankfurt and Berlin exchange respectively.

Has anybody heard of Alliance Direct Management? Aledgedly India based (Dehli). No company registration numbers and evasive about registration details. They certainly "follow the script" on how to sell and are certainly VERY persuasive. I don't know if they are scammers, but with the shares being listed in this thread and the methods they use, my gut feel says they're not kosher.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Folks- very new to this site, but I've read a lot about these scams and I nearly signed up. Thanks to the alerts here I haven't. They tried to sell me Norton Scientific and Blackhawk Mines. Both shares showed "pops" in price, but on miniscule volumes and are listed on Frankfurt and Berlin exchange respectively.

Has anybody heard of Alliance Direct Management? Aledgedly India based (Dehli). No company registration numbers and evasive about registration details. They certainly "follow the script" on how to sell and are certainly VERY persuasive. I don't know if they are scammers, but with the shares being listed in this thread and the methods they use, my gut feel says they're not kosher.
Thoughts?

First of all check with your financial Services regulator. If you are in the UK, check with the FSA. See if the company is registered to offer investment advice in your country. If not, report them. They are operating illegally. It is very easy to find out if a company is registered on your regulators site.
Secondly, if the stock is thinly traded that means there is no liquidity. You will have trouble selling your shares.
Liquid stocks trade high volume and not for just one or two months. Look for at least 6 months with the equivalent of at least $250,000 a day volume. Even this is small, but at least it trades.
Liquid stocks also have a tight spread between the bid and the ask. If a stock is under $1.00 and it has more than a 5% spread, it is probably not very liquid.
Firms that are licensed are more than happy to show their licenses considering all the boiler rooms operating today.

Last edited:
By $250,000 equivalent in volume I mean that the total number of shares traded should have a total value of at least $250,000 per day. (If 175,000 shares is the average daily volume for 6 months, then the cost of the stock would be about $1.43. That's ok...there's probably a little liquidity there. But if you had a large block (say 100,000) and put it for sale the bid would drop very quickly..they would sell you out in descending levels.

I did check on Indian and Singaporean regulator websites and Alliance Direct do not appear anywhere. Their name is similar to Alliance Global Management who apparently were a "boiler room" operation. The share volumes are nearly non-existent for long periods. I actually work in trading industry so have access to good quality market data. This was one of the things that made me suspicious. Basically - no license no trade will be my line should they call me back.

I did check on Indian and Singaporean regulator websites and Alliance Direct do not appear anywhere. Their name is similar to Alliance Global Management who apparently were a "boiler room" operation. The share volumes are nearly non-existent for long periods. I actually work in trading industry so have access to good quality market data. This was one of the things that made me suspicious. Basically - no license no trade will be my line should they call me back.

Let them pitch you and go along with them...let them send you a confirmation of trade and then send their banking wire instructions to your regulator and their regulator. You shut down their account you shut them down temporarily. Banking is the key.

Has anybody been approached by Pacific Capital Management offering to trade American Utilicraft Shares recently.
This American Utilicraft was a part of the scam I got caught in about 6 or 7 years ago. I've had plenty of these characters having a go at getting me to part with money to trade the non-existent Linsure Holdings shares ever since - no chance! .
This is the first time anybody has tried to get me to part with more money on the back of this American Utilicraft, which was another part of the same scam, but it makes me wonder if the jokers who set up the Linsure scam have resurfaced I'm sure they've been busy on other things but do they really think they can still get you on the same scam so many years later?. If so, I hope nobody else gets caught up with them.
These guys are claiming to be selling American Utilicraft Corporation and, guess what, you have to pay to have the Reg S shares deregulated before they can be traded. Thought they'd have gone for something new.
They also refer you to the 'Equities Trading Commission', described as the Government appointed regulator, based in Washington. You've been warned.

US Regulator for equities is the SEC. Typical that they try something "close to the truth", but a lie all the same. In the equity thing they told me that they'd "inside information" that hadn't yet been made public. I think there's a bloke from Galleon who knows about that topic - ie Insider trading!

These Norton Scientific Shares are used by a scammer-ring ! 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
All, I accept the fact that i got scammed, now what can I do about it ? Where can I report it ? who can I go to, where can I make an official complaint and hand over all docs etc so someone can stop these scumbags. I will make effort to try to stop them.

All, I accept the fact that i got scammed, now what can I do about it ? Where can I report it ? who can I go to, where can I make an official complaint and hand over all docs etc so someone can stop these scumbags. I will make effort to try to stop them.

Hi Mollig,
Contact me please over my email-box here.

If a real name of an boiler room operator were revealed , he is a brit but all i have is a name is there anyone who can trace details of this scumbag, ie passport etc . police refuse to reveal anything at all even though they are aware of him. I would appreciate any advice.

If a real name of an boiler room operator were revealed , he is a brit but all i have is a name is there anyone who can trace details of this scumbag, ie passport etc . police refuse to reveal anything at all even though they are aware of him. I would appreciate any advice.

Hi jblonde, Hi Mollig,

the problem is everytime the same. If you report it to the police ( what is anyway good to do), it doesn't bring you back any money. If you lost just a "bit", what is for everybody a different thing, you can't do anything, 'cause the costs of a lawyer are very high. Mollig : for you it isn't renatble forget about it. The best is to report to the police or special unity ( corruption/money-laundring) of the place ( country and city), where the account is, on which you paid your "investment" and forget about your money.
I wanted to take contact with you over the email box, but you didn't agree to the point "receiving emails".

Jblonde : I don't know, how much you lost, and if it is for you rentable to do legal steps. You can contact me under the mailbox, if you wish. The real names you will
only see them if a lawyer will do a pharmacal order and if the court agree to it.
All the other blablablabla is bull****. Only with this you will see the identity of the persons, maybe. Mostly you will find only the poor guy, who was opening an account for the criminals, just to earn few money.

I don't want to frustrate you, but for me it is exactly the same.

hello all london green financial carbon credits just rang so look out and his voice is very familiar so am going to play a game with them 54