Boiler Room Scams

mphancock said:
Possibly another one to add - Global Administrative Providers Inc. Their emerging Equity Group is based in Barcelona - he he.
Offering today is "GeneThera Inc" - who are listed on Nasdaq.
Any one else been tapped up?

Have stupidly agreed to buy some shares in Remington Ventures and money is supposed to be sent to Global Administrative providers but We are not sending any.

nmason1968 said:
Do you think you will get chased for payment as a similar thing has happened to me. Do the shares actually get bought do you know?

Hope not, told them on the 1st July that I wasn't interested, they haven't been in touch since, anyway, they can chase as much as they like, they aren't getting a penny. Shame....

Anyone heard of Ridgewood Capital? They're trying to sell me an IPO for 10p 'that will definitely float for between 50 and 20p, and the only risk is that if they don't float I get my money back'.

Too good to be true I say!

Sorry Ridgewell capital markets.

Ridgewood seem to be a different company, apologies

Can I please give everyone here some advice.

If you are cold-called by a brokerage company and they are NOT FSA registered (call the FSA for confirmation and also call the company in question on their main number switchboard) then I can guarantee 100% that you WILL LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY.

There is therefore no point in posting a question like;

'has anyone been called by ABC company offering XYZ corp, is the broker ok and is XYZ worth investing in?'

because I have just answered your question.

It's always going to be a scam and they're preying on the fact that you're both stupid and greedy as kerry has just found out.

Sorry to be cruel Kerry but you only have yourself to blame so make sure you learn from this mistake.

Gci Financial Avoid

Gci Financial Ltd Based In Belize

Do Not Trade With This Broker

They Appear On The Net As A Genuine Brokerage House

I Was Fleeced Out Of All My Money With Them

They Tampered With My Positions

As Well As Not Sticking To The Agreement Of Premium Charged Overnight

If You Read This Do Not Trade With Them They Will Take All Your Money And Give You Nothing In Return

They Are Not Associated With Any Exchange They Simply Tamper With Your Positions To Solely Get Your Money

If You Invest Money With Gci I Strongly Advise You Not To It May Look Like Good Margin Rates But They Are Not Authorised To Deal In Forex Or Equities

Also They Were Revoked Their Trading Licence From The S.e.c. In The Usa For Illegal Trading Practices

Take Heed Of My Warning And Pass It On

By the way my last post was not directed at Effkay, he has at least seen sense to realise that 'it's too good to be true'

PS. Can anyone confirm that FSA regulated firms are not allowed to cold-call. I think this is the case.

If so the rule becomes even more simple,

IF YOU ARE COLD CALLED OFFERING ANY INVESTMENT THEN ANY MONEY YOU INVEST WILL BE STOLEN FROM YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE DEALING WITH THIEVES MASQUERADING AS BUSINESSMEN/BROKERS.

And companies like Lynx commodities are a classic example of this, regulated by a fake regulator and their management teams bios are copy/pasted from Gain Capitals website.

kerrys porsches said:
LYNX COMMODITIES Boiler room scam

www.LYNXCOMMODITIES.COM

Has anyone else been burnt or had calls from lynx futures, or am i the only one who has been duped here by them.

KP,

I took the liberty of looking at your post and investigating further. I am sorry if you have been duped by these people (you should post what your experiences were)....however, this is absolutely hilarious. Their website, particularly re. the management's background is complete and utter BS.

Just take a look at their website, and compare it to Gain Capital's.

See any similarities?....Laughable!

http://www.lynxcommodities.com/executive-team.htm

http://www.gaincapital.com/company_management.html.

Airthrey

We're on the same wavelenght!

I'll bet that the Lynx Commodities website gets closed down in the next month, to be replaced by another similar one with a different name, then when people suss that one it changes again and again.

Wash, spin, steal, wash, spin, steal, repeat, repeat, repeat.

This will go on till the planet ends, greedy and stupid people are born every second..........

Lynx CEO..........Mark Grader
Gain Capital CEO.....Mark Galant

Lynx MD....Glenn Simpson
Gain Capital MD.....Glenn Stevens

Lynx VP, Business Technology....Chris Calhurst
Gain Capital VP, Business Technology....Chris Calhoun

Lynx VP, Risk Management....Thomas Barton
Gain Capital VP, Risk Management.......Thomas Baxter

Lynx VP, Client Services.....Robert Monte
Gain Capital VP, client services...Robert Monteleone

ETC...ETC...ETC....

They all have the same first names, but have changed surnames (with same initial)...All have the same bios.!

Pretty (un) sophisticated stuff!

Get thinking people when you want to check things out. You have all the power you need right at your keyboard.

Sussing that Lynx was a scam took me about 2 mins, same I bet with Airthrey.

You don't just have to use Google to search for 1,2, or 3 word combos like 'cheap holidays' or 'cfd brokers' etc.

You can put paragraphs or more into the search box so can easily find if someone is copy/pasting whole parts of a website.

Justice League said:
Another boiler room operation to look out for is one called Grayson House, www.grayson-house.com, they are plugging a company called Immune Tree in America. Looks like same operation as Langley Advisory Services AG, with similar address and phone numbers, and it happens to be on the FSA black list

The are also trying to plug :private Trading Systems, Inc, via a very slick cool and clever spoken operator

any info on mecier international,ainsley consulting or their offering of o2 secure wireless and i r c systems

Unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK

Unauthorised overseas firms

This list contains the names of unauthorised overseas firms known to be, or to have been, targeting UK investors. Investors should be aware that if they put their money with unauthorised firms they will not get the benefit of the UK compensation and complaint schemes.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtml

please bookmark the FSA site.

nytram said:
any info on mecier international,ainsley consulting or their offering of o2 secure wireless and i r c systems
no info to add, sorry, however further to private trading inc, grayson house are asking for payment to be forward to an account name " The delamare escrow co. in Boca Raton, Florida. on behalf of Berrington International Management Ltd ( either companies i cant find any trace to).

Ridgewell Capital Markets

Hi All

been contacted by the above - anyone heard of them?
seem very persistent

I'm thinking what a great expose documentary a boiler room operation would be. Maybe the BBC could latch on to the idea and do a doc like the printing fake money doc that they did earlier this year. They go undercover and really make the public aware of such scams.