Boiler Room Scams

trendie

Legendary member
6,123 981
Airthrey,

I would like to nominate Langley Advisory to your collection.

http://www.langleyadvisory.ch/

Got call from them this week.
Usual speil: got my number from a web-promo !!; want to build a relationship; special research access; really good deal - but you must hurry, and buy within 48 hours.

I find this really funny :) :)

anley

2,730 229
Any company with the word 'Global' in its name, especially a financial one is a company best avoided.

Case in point Argos Global Equities.

But then people don't like me saying things because I'm too cynical.

Lucky for me, otherwise I might have fallen for the sales patter and bought a chunk of New Millenium Medical (NMM) - bwahahahahaha

fwaff

2 0
Another couple of dodgy dealers

Kensington Price - currently pushing New Millenium Medical/Packaging

Black and White Investments now appear to be trading as the BWI Group - new name, same old scams

anley

2,730 229
fwaff

These conners will in all likelyhood be trading through many different names from the same office.

I can just imagine a salesman calling a client as firm A in Paris and the next call from firm B in Zurich.

Remember the industry is a multi million dollar one, maybe even a few billion so people are going to do whatever they have to do make the cash.

Remember it's a 3 step process, they lie - they cheat -and they steal.....

jester999

15 1
You can add Citicap Equity Consultants to your list

check out the website, its pretty tacky, and full of spelling mistakes and error messages. Also I have been emailed by FSA to confirm this company is currently under investigation

www.citicapequityconsultants.com

Airthrey Capital said:
If you cant find their phone number and address, then do yourself a favour and stop being so stupid.

If you cant work out that any institution which is less than clear about how they can be contacted is going to be somewhat "dodgy", then you deserve to lose all your money.

DON'T DO IT!

jasperthecat

1 0
Been contacted by Jefferson Holt, opportunity to buy shares in Regent technologies, limited time etc, did a search, found JH mentioned on this site. fabulous, will be able to tell Mr "Charles Greenwood" where to stick his stock in the morning.

JEC

2 0
Anybody heard of 'James O'Neill' and CS International?

trendie

Legendary member
6,123 981
I think there should be a competition to see which boiler room scam can lose the most money in 6 months!

Or, have a sort of Boiler-Room Scam Index, where we aggregate the various stocks being pushed, to illustrate how useless they are.

The reason behind this is that some people may not believe how bad these scammers are. If we post the relevant company with a date, over a period of a couple of months, it should become clear what could happen to your money.

For myself, I was offered Galaxy Minerals, (GAXY.OB) in mid-February. (Jefferson Holt)
Also, offered Apollo Resources (AOOR.OB) from Langley Advisory in late March.

Both have lost value - unsurprisingly. (interestingly, I was offered them near their tops !)

I think it good policy to record who offers what and when on this thread.

Any other takers ?

jester999

15 1
BLacey said:
Has anyone had dealings with Argus Global Equities.

Are they reliable and trustworthy?
A friend of mine was also contacted by them but did not get their details as he put the phone down. do they have a website?

carl131

11 0
guido, anyone touting New millennium medical is a scammer. The company doesn't even exist, but has a flash website to lure in victims. Check out the Edward tate thread for more info. Steer well clear!