Boiler Room Scams

Tana Corum

Just had a very interesting chat with Tana Corum who openly admit they have an FSA warning against them.

They state they are not a broker so the warning shouldn't apply - they are only a marketing company and get commission from the companies they promote.

Does anyone have any other info on them?

hi all

if any of u are in doubt about who u r dealing with, just go to the following link. this link will tell u whether the individual or the firm is registered and authorised to do investment business in the UK. these guys give us bad name. b_ _ _ _ _ ds!!

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/

Kim

Last edited:
Thanks - I wasn't planning to invest but just curious as to whether they were a reliable source of information for investments - they don't take any commission direct from you and any shers purchased would be via a Registrar or Broker so as long as they are registered and authorised I would have thought it was ok, or am I missing something?

Stu

Well 3 companies I had been looking into made the No-No list, thanks for saving me alot of headaches :cheesy:

I have been targeted today by Emerging Equity Group to buy shares in otcbb company QUEST OIL . Quest oil look OK and in fact risen sharply today but EEG sound distinctly dodgy. Anyone had dealings with them?

Fools and their money

questar2000 said:
I have been targeted today by Emerging Equity Group to buy shares in otcbb company QUEST OIL . Quest oil look OK and in fact risen sharply today but EEG sound distinctly dodgy. Anyone had dealings with them?
Do you really need someone to comment on a firm that cold calls you?
No wonder boiler rooms flourish !!

questar2000 said:

They are very good and honourable company. :rolleyes:
When you have finished with them, would you care to invest in some cocoa-based tea-containers - a consignment of which I could let you have for a reduced fee, as long as you buy within 48 hours.
Send a cheque my my overseas PO box number.

Note to mods: we need a "sarcy" emoticon.

Whats the point of this thread?

neil said:
Do you really need someone to comment on a firm that cold calls you?
No wonder boiler rooms flourish !!

What's the point of this thread if one can't post personal experiences of these types of calls without sarcy comments like this one. I did NOT say that I had any intention of trading with this firm. I was merely interested to know if anyone had had dealings with them as although they are not FSA regulated, they do not appear on any boiler room blacklists either.

Any idea how these firms get your info...I have been getting a very high amount of calls for th last couple weeks AT ALL HOURS, getting very old fast.

Fools and their money

questar2000 said:
What's the point of this thread if one can't post personal experiences of these types of calls without sarcy comments like this one. I did NOT say that I had any intention of trading with this firm. I was merely interested to know if anyone had had dealings with them as although they are not FSA regulated, they do not appear on any boiler room blacklists either.

You have to be mind numbingly stupid to need an opinion on an obvious scam albeit some people appear on this board trying to peddle rubbish but it's not something I would deign to comment on

When one gets a cold call alarm bells should start ringing, if people have nil experience with these boiler room operations it is because they have wised up to them. I would be worried if I had an 'experience' to share...

Possibly another one to add - Global Administrative Providers Inc. Their emerging Equity Group is based in Barcelona - he he.
Offering today is "GeneThera Inc" - who are listed on Nasdaq.
Any one else been tapped up?

OK, first timer on here, was approached by a financial adviser based in Spain after responding to an article re share advice. Great I thought, then they called re a share called "Evolve Oncology", told me that I would be able to get it for $5.00 a share, but will open at $10.00 on NASDAQ, doubling my money straight away, although he said I could not sell within 1 year due to NASDAQ rules. He thought a 750% return was possible. So I checked it out, looked for info and thought maybe, so verbally told them to go ahead with 1,000 shares. The name of the FA was Rob Burton from PriceStone Group. www.pricestonegroup.com, not until they called me back with further details did I get the name "Landmark Trade Services", I checked the FSA site again and there it was. Luckily I haven't sent any cash and won't be either. Pricestone is not listed on the FSA site from what I can tell, but you are not told who the cash is payable to until you've said yes.

We have been approached by thomas Macarthur from perpetual suisse based in Geneva touting a company called Remington Ventures again listed on Nasdaq and that you have to hold shares for at least 12 months re US regulation S. Stupidly we agreed to buy shares but shall not be sending any money to Global Administrative Providers.

nmason1968 said:
We have been approached by thomas Macarthur from perpetual suisse based in Geneva touting a company called Remington Ventures again listed on Nasdaq and that you have to hold shares for at least 12 months re US regulation S. Stupidly we agreed to buy shares but shall not be sending any money to Global Administrative Providers.

Learn to put the phone down ........or give it to Salty Gibbon.....he'll sort them out with his gibbon talk

nmason1968 said:
Does anybody know what happens if you have received a contract note but never send any money.

U become a Salty Gibbon.....mate u need help...gibbon help. Turn your phone off

andyhofer said:
OK, first timer on here, was approached by a financial adviser based in Spain after responding to an article re share advice. Great I thought, then they called re a share called "Evolve Oncology", told me that I would be able to get it for $5.00 a share, but will open at $10.00 on NASDAQ, doubling my money straight away, although he said I could not sell within 1 year due to NASDAQ rules. He thought a 750% return was possible. So I checked it out, looked for info and thought maybe, so verbally told them to go ahead with 1,000 shares. The name of the FA was Rob Burton from PriceStone Group. www.pricestonegroup.com, not until they called me back with further details did I get the name "Landmark Trade Services", I checked the FSA site again and there it was. Luckily I haven't sent any cash and won't be either. Pricestone is not listed on the FSA site from what I can tell, but you are not told who the cash is payable to until you've said yes.

Do you think you will get chased for payment as a similar thing has happened to me. Do the shares actually get bought do you know?