Boiler Room Scams

Great Idea!!
I have worked in that industry and can describe exactly how they sound so convincing and the process in which they operate and control the punter thru the deal.
We need to post the 1st call scripts so people know when they are hearing these tactics and can hangup on them.
If you get a call from a stranger claiming to be a Senior Portfolio Manager and immediately starts trying to control the conversation, It's probably a boiler room. They have a method for getting you to buy. It's called CLID, Control=If you can control the guy you have a chance to sell him. Liquidity=They will tell you about the FANTASTIC returns and give example of MIMO=Money in=Money out ( your profit if you invest. Then say something like " Those are fantastic returns for only six months. Don't you agree?" Then ask if you are liquid for $50k. Most people are not but that gives them some credibility by asking for too much. If you say thats too much then they have rebuttals. "John, I'm a businessman and you are a businessman. I'm much more interested in your repeat biz, etc. If $50k is too much start with a smaller amount. The percentage profit is the same. Judge me on the results. Blah blah blah.
They have a convincing rebuttal for every conceivable objection you can come up with. "I need totalk to my Lawyer, Accountant Wife etc." "Your WIFE!? John, when is the last time you came home and caught your wife reading the Wall Street Journal?
Next with CLID, we have Interest. You have to be interested in making those kind of profits. They say No Greed, No Need.
And last there is Decision maker. They will ask you if you make your own investment decisions.
If they feel they have CLID with you then they will not put down the phone until they close you. You will go round and round with them dropping the position from $50k to $45k to $40 k . . . until they find a comfortable amount for you to invest The boiler room minimum is usually $5k. Then you agree to buy and need to talk to a "Compliance Officer" for your protection. This is usually the room manager calling after 10 min and will inform you that the call is being recorded.BUlls###! OH! And then they will get serious and give you the "Button Up" speach. That bit about how you are going to make a lot of money and just follow my advice and we will make a lot of future trades together. He will say, " I do 90% of my biz over the phone and for that reason my word is my commitment to my clients.. . All I ask from you is the same consideration, Do I have your word that you will make the transfer? Then, Are you sure? Ok your word is good enuf for me.
Then you will recieve the documents and TT instructions so you can send money. Then the "broker", usualy some ****** from the east end or liverpool will get $100 on his desk for a complied deal.
I'm tired and is is late. I will continue to share my knowledge about these scammers as I have time. Cheers to all you boiler room scum. Your world just got smaller!:devilish:

Yep have had some of that stuff over the phone.

One of their favorite lines is to ask how have your investments performmed when I tell them really well they then move on wrong answer I guess lol.

I only entertain them when I'm bored as I used to be in (legit) sales and it can be quite interesting sometimes.

I also get the impression if they can not sell to you they try and get more info from you to add to your "file"

There is nothing they could tell me I would believe as I take the view that anyone cold calling selling investments are crooks.

He operates out of barcelona and spain, he is an american and as far as i know alwayshas a bodyguard with him..he has been found guity of us fraud but dont think hes in jail..he ran yhe biggestboiler rooms in spain..will try to get you more info shortly...

He is no longer in Spain, I bet you pretty soon the people that are looking for him are gonna find him.

I hear he doesn't have a bodyguard, he just walks with people that don't know who he really is.

He is no longer in Spain, I bet you pretty soon the people that are looking for him are gonna find him.

I hear he doesn't have a bodyguard, he just walks with people that don't know who he really is.

How do the names of these guys get out? I mean, if they are operating from overseas, presumably using numbered accounts in places like Panama, giving fake names to the victims etc how does anyone know who they are? As I understand it most boiler room operators/workers are never apprehended.

BRIC GLOBAL.....sales guy called me out of the blue....tel no appeared as private.

They are selling carbon credits....or hot air.

He passed me to his boss....he asked how I'd pay. I went along with it, saying I had no money but could raise borrowing on my credit card.

The guaranteed return is 130-150% Wow!

He's giving me a guarantee it's kosha... 110% !

Then he said he is putting the trade through now and the paperwork will follow. That's despite him not having given my consent or my address.

Great script these guys work to!

Last edited:
Because I get many cold calls from boiler rooms, I will just ask the name of their company and hang up.
I'll post the names of those "companies" here on the forum in order to warn others...

Add these to your list:
Dartwood Financial Solutions
www.mlsecurities.net
www.sunwayinternationa.com
www.sgsconsultants.com
Sanawa Holdings | We are Obsessed with Your Success

These are alerts i.e. entities which may palm you off with bogus share holdings. If they have contacted YOU, and not the other way around, put the phone down and report them to the FSA on their 0845 number.

In a previous post apexfundservices were listed, referring to that entity in 2008. They have been superceded by a 2011 apexfund services website presence who are apparently unconnected to any unauthorised, illegal off shore operations.
The key words are vigilance and DID THEY CALL YOU?
Caveat emptor.

friday76

Geez the mision statement alone, "we are obsessed with your success" would make me run a mile :)

Last edited:
What share were they trying to sell???
Bye the way Fisher Capital Managment have had a default Judgement against them in the UK High court for Fraud (27th April) This now proves Fisher Capital are nothing but a set if fraudsters...

What share were they trying to sell???
Bye the way Fisher Capital Managment have had a default Judgement against them in the UK High court for Fraud (27th April) This now proves Fisher Capital are nothing but a set if fraudsters...

Boiler Room Basher,

I am confident there are at least ten new names under which those scammers from the Ph operate!:mad:

I know they operate under shaw capital, trent consultants, strathclyde.. what others do you think... may be spring capital? goodwin capital??

Hi all, I've just found out from you guy's on this site that I have been well and truely duped by FCM. Their contact phone number went down last Monday and needless to say, all have disappeared. George Spencer was the last guy I spoke to, but he is by no means alone..... James King, Charles Grantley, Thomas Anderson, Kristine Taylor to name but a few others from FCM. Does anyone know any firm information? real names etc..... If they are indeed in the Philippines, there may well be action we can take??

By the way, I was ripped off on the Norton Scientific NG3 scam, I'm sure there will be many more in the next few weeks that come to light

knows anyone where all the guys of Morgan Finch, Mitchel Finch now do their scam ,particulary Michael KASHYN ???

Hi all, I've just found out from you guy's on this site that I have been well and truely duped by FCM. Their contact phone number went down last Monday and needless to say, all have disappeared. George Spencer was the last guy I spoke to, but he is by no means alone..... James King, Charles Grantley, Thomas Anderson, Kristine Taylor to name but a few others from FCM. Does anyone know any firm information? real names etc..... If they are indeed in the Philippines, there may well be action we can take??

The reason why the phone lines have gone down is becasue of "our" intervention and the UK high court judgement.. the virtual office at the executive centre in Seoul has finaly realised that they are passing victims on to fruadsters, and if they continued to do so would be subject to legal action.

The reason why the phone lines have gone down is becasue of "our" intervention and the UK high court judgement.. the virtual office at the executive centre in Seoul has finaly realised that they are passing victims on to fruadsters, and if they continued to do so would be subject to legal action.

Well, that's good news for future victims, I'll be contacting the SFO tomorrow and a contact I picked up of this board in Germany. I'm not sure what happens there after, maybe nothing, maybe they really do try to track these artists down. I'll certainly be making a few inquiries through contacts I have, but at this point in time, I'm not feeling to optimistic. If anyone has any information they would like to share, it would be appreciated

Well, that's good news for future victims, I'll be contacting the SFO tomorrow and a contact I picked up of this board in Germany. I'm not sure what happens there after, maybe nothing, maybe they really do try to track these artists down. I'll certainly be making a few inquiries through contacts I have, but at this point in time, I'm not feeling to optimistic. If anyone has any information they would like to share, it would be appreciated

:?::idea:

Hi Cookie-Boy,

You got calls from fishercapitalmangagement and the sold you Norton Scientific -shares ? Did I understand well?
Possible that we come in contact? It will be important.
Thank you.

Fisher are in Phiipines, they have two IP companies as a front for their operations. Dont expect any action form UK Police.. they are not interested at all.

Fisher are in Phiipines, they have two IP companies as a front for their operations. Dont expect any action form UK Police.. they are not interested at all.

What to you mean with 2 IP-companies? Why the british police shouldn't be interested ? Please talk clear.
Thank you

-- BIGGEST STOCK PICK of 2012 is COMING --(SIGN UP!)--
The promoters behind LEXG & JAMN last year are set to release the BIGGEST STOCK PICK of 2012! Get on their VIP list now so you get the pick before the crowd: SpecialPennyStocks.com

What to you mean with 2 IP-companies? Why the british police shouldn't be interested ? Please talk clear.
Thank you

Sorry, it is a typo.. should read 2 IT companies.. you will see what I mean about the UK police when you call them.. I have been trying to engage them in this case for months, If you have any success please let me know. All they will tell you to do is to report it on line at "action for fraud" which should really be re-named "NO action for fraud"
good luck with the police