Boiler Room Scams

If you were cold called and sold shares then you have been scammed. If you went through this thread you'd probably find 100 people with the same story. They may have given you a convincing story but in time you'll see that they disappear and your shares ( or the certificates they knocked up in Photoshop) are worthless.

Hi! I am need of some advice and FAST!...you seem vey knowlegable...I have been offered a job as a trainee equity dealer at a Company called City Equities...hve u heard of the company and is it just a scam or would it be worth getting a year of experience there before moving onto the larger banks

PLEASE HELP!

tHANKS

Hi! I am need of some advice and FAST!...you seem vey knowlegable...I have been offered a job as a trainee equity dealer at a Company called City Equities...hve u heard of the company and is it just a scam or would it be worth getting a year of experience there before moving onto the larger banks

PLEASE HELP!

tHANKS

I have seen them mentioned elsewhere, are they in Spain? Assuming its the same company the advice I read elsewhere was to stay clear, I dont have any personal knowledge of them though.

I have seen them mentioned elsewhere, are they in Spain? Assuming its the same company the advice I read elsewhere was to stay clear, I dont have any personal knowledge of them though.

Firstly thanks for your prompt reply. No they are not in Spain.....they are based in Bank in London...I went for 2 interviews at their offices in London aswell...I hve checked them out on the FSA....they are fully registered...I have also checked out the FSA part on which brokers to stay clear from and they are not on tht...the thing is I am a recent graduate and I am just very speculative on what to do because I do not want to jeopardize my career.

wat do u think?

I've never heard of them, suggest you try talking to someone who has been through the same process that you are being offered.

Impressive amount of bile and vitriol on this thread, well done.

There needs to be because the people who keep getting ripped off have to be told in stern language what they have done wrong and why they will continue to lose money if they continue to believe what the scammers tell them.

The scammers are always 'nice and charming' whereas some people on this thread (the good guys) aren't always. But the straight talkers don't steal their money...........

There needs to be because the people who keep getting ripped off have to be told in stern language what they have done wrong and why they will continue to lose money if they continue to believe what the scammers tell them.

The scammers are always 'nice and charming' whereas some people on this thread (the good guys) aren't always. But the straight talkers don't steal their money...........

Hi AlexGreen...how r u mate?...I could really do with your advice...I have been offered a position as a trainee equity dealer with a company called city equities...hve u heard of them?..I have checked them out on the FSA and they appear to be fine..PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Sassoso - your post March 30 2010
can you confirm where you are located. As you know 'boiler rooms' were targeting english speaking
victims with USA regulation S shares subject to rule 144 (restricted in the sense you could not trade
in them for a specified period - usually 365 days) . They are 'pumped and dumped' indiscriminately
with a sales pitch promising to enrich you by 100% to 300% within 3 years ! . In a few incidents
the victim sent their money to a 'secure escrow' that happened to be a German Lawyer and that
entity passed the funds to an outfit in Hong Kong . The recipient in there in now in Stanley Prison
Hong Kong having been jailed for money laundering of proceeds in region of $60m . That was
the initial scam. You have been approached by some outfit which has all the appearences of a 'boiler room' secondary scam. It would be advisable to tease out all the information - request in writing
the offer made get names, postal addresses addresses and pass to your Financial Regulator. You
can see details of how you deal with these gangsters by googling - "Fraud Boiler room secondary
scams' . The FSA in UK are moving quickly dealing with a host of 'boiler room' artists in this 'global axis of evil' as well as the SEC in the USA.
It is a worthwhile exercise to study your original 'bought contract note' for the benefit of other victims to expose all details of the 'boiler rooms' who have scammed you.

Thomas Moore Global, TMG ... does anyone have information on these people.

No, But odds on it's a scammer.

Look at the evidence -

1. You've asked (and when anyone asks on this thread about a broker, 95%+ chance it's a scam merchantm, and

2. Flashy name as in 'Thomas Moore' and 'Global'

Stay away from them unless you want your money stolen.