Boiler Room Scams

Where do these people get my e-mail?

Dear Friend,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of fund into your account due to one reason or the other best known to you.But I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the Cheque out of the company to someone else who was capable of assisting me in this great venture.

Due to your effort, sincerity,courage and trust worthiness you showed at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of $500,000.00 (five hundred thousand United States Dollars)in addition to your lottery winnings of $2.5m now amounting to $3,000,000.00(three million United States Dollars).

I have authorized the finance house where I deposited my money to issue you international certified bank draft cashable at your bank. My dear friend I will like you to contact the finance house for the collection of this international certified bank draft. The name and contact address of the Person with your Cheque DR.Kebi .W. Herbert is as follows.

COMPENSATION HEAD OFFICER
CONTACT AGENT Kebi .W. Herbert
EMAIL: [email protected]

Where do these people get my e-mail?

Dear Friend,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of fund into your account due to one reason or the other best known to you.But I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the Cheque out of the company to someone else who was capable of assisting me in this great venture.

Due to your effort, sincerity,courage and trust worthiness you showed at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of $500,000.00 (five hundred thousand United States Dollars)in addition to your lottery winnings of $2.5m now amounting to $3,000,000.00(three million United States Dollars).

I have authorized the finance house where I deposited my money to issue you international certified bank draft cashable at your bank. My dear friend I will like you to contact the finance house for the collection of this international certified bank draft. The name and contact address of the Person with your Cheque DR.Kebi .W. Herbert is as follows.

COMPENSATION HEAD OFFICER
CONTACT AGENT Kebi .W. Herbert
EMAIL: [email protected]

"COMPENSATION HEAD OFFICER" @ "yahoo.com.hk"!!!!!!

Inconceivable that people fall for this garbage?!?!?!

I am going to send him a message to see if I can get in on those winnings.

I'll tell him that I am the CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER OF LOTTERY RENUMERATION AND COLLECTIONS SUPERVISOR @ gmail.somalia.com

I have had several phone calls from the Sanderson Group and Norton Blake. Anyone heard of these. It doesn't sound right and too good to be true but I am quite new to stocks and shares. They have tipped Chesapeake, Cosmoseis and Hecla mining, offering shares at a good price.
Anyone experienced similar?

I have had several phone calls from the Sanderson Group and Norton Blake. Anyone heard of these. It doesn't sound right and too good to be true but I am quite new to stocks and shares. They have tipped Chesapeake, Cosmoseis and Hecla mining, offering shares at a good price.

You can be 100% certain they're going to steal your money. I think Chesapeake is a known scam, I seem to have heard of it before. However the names are irrelevant, if they cold called you offering you shares then it's a scam, its as simple as that.

If you're in doubt ask them where they are regulated, thats normally enough to make them disappear.

nortonblake.com site created 9 Dec 2009, cant find a website for Sanderson Group but it will follow the usual pattern ie crappy website created a couple of months ago, domain owners details hidden etc etc.

What is the website for Sanderson Group?

Norton Blake (nortonblake.com) looks like a sham. Website - Creation date: 07 Dec 2009 15:43:06 (but they have Copyright 2004 on the website?) and they paid for Domain Privacy which is typical of the scam companies. There are a few other things that don't add up as well. In my opinion, this company probably doesn't exist.

Hello anyone who cares to read. Recently cold called by a firm called Marshall Browning. You'll see I'm an infrequent poster but this type of approach always makes me suspicious. For all I know they may be genuine. (doubt it!). BE CAREFUL OUT THERE !!!!

Here's a few more candidates for the boiler room hall of shame. Check out the Fennimore Capital office address on google street view, all 4 websites have the same content,

Fennimore Capital http://www.fennimorecapital.co.uk/index.php
Hess Zurich http://hesszurich.com/index.html
Esso Ventures www.essoventures.com/
Ashlay Asset Management www.ashlayassetmanagement.com

I think you should do your homework before you make false accusations about Ashlay
Asset Management. Unless you consider a boiler room scam to have as investors a noble
prize winner, a former federal reserve board Govenor, and 2 former fortune 500
retired ceos....Next time you post something do your homework...

Here's a few more candidates for the boiler room hall of shame. Check out the Fennimore Capital office address on google street view, all 4 websites have the same content,

Fennimore Capital http://www.fennimorecapital.co.uk/index.php
Hess Zurich http://hesszurich.com/index.html
Esso Ventures www.essoventures.com/
Ashlay Asset Management www.ashlayassetmanagement.com

I think you should do your homework next time before you post false accusations about
Ashlay Asset Management..Unless ofcourse you consider a firm that has as investors
a noble prize winner, a former federal reserve board govenor and 2 former fortune 500
ceos a boiler room scam...Do your homework...

Hello anyone who cares to read. Recently cold called by a firm called Marshall Browning. You'll see I'm an infrequent poster but this type of approach always makes me suspicious. For all I know they may be genuine. (doubt it!). BE CAREFUL OUT THERE !!!!

Hi Bobbi,
it is useful if you also list the share you are being offered. Was it "H20 Technologies" by any chance?
Did a check on www.marshallbrowning.com They are a company based in Osaka in Japan yet their web site is registered Mar 05 to Mar 11 through godaddy.com is the USA and there are no other details listed. Their address is Edobori Building, level 9, 2-1-1 Edobori, Nishi-Ku Osaka. When you google map this address level 9 comes up as "virtual offices". Now I cannot say that all level 9 is virtual offices but...
Also there is a tie in with another company Paynewebber Group who have built up a large stake in Marshall Browning. Again they are a Japanese firm with their web site registered Aug 09 to Aug 19 through Godaddy also with no further details. Again their address is Shinjuku Nomura Building, 1-26-2 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo and again this appears to be "virtual offices".
They could both be legitimate companies, they are talking large amounts of money, but why are they calling a small fry(no offence) in UK?
Draw your own conclusions.

No doubt about it, Bobbi. You are right on the money on this call. You will not find a legitamate office on this one. The boiler room operators seem to be relocating. Some of the tougher legislation, in some of the countries they have been operating out of, has caused this.

Yep, Ben Younger did his research well for Boiler Room.

Also, I don't think we will hear from BigBrains anymore. (Bigbrains, no balls!)

experienced it all but still clueless .your going to look like a fool when biodefense goes public. have fun wasting your time making posts on a message board when you have no idea what you are talking about. you seem like a winner to me..lolololol do your research before you speak.........
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200810/ai_n30945532/

http://www.indianaeconomicdigest.net/main.asp?SectionID=31&SubSectionID=64&ArticleID=49623

Last edited:
I think you should do your homework next time before you post false accusations about
Ashlay Asset Management..Unless ofcourse you consider a firm that has as investors
a noble prize winner, a former federal reserve board govenor and 2 former fortune 500
ceos a boiler room scam...Do your homework...

Yeah just like that nice guy down in NY that had actors, directors, hedge funds and millionaires as investors.

By the way its the Nobel prize, not the noble prize. Unless of course there's a noble prize for investment that I havnt heard of.

Hi Bobbi,
it is useful if you also list the share you are being offered. Was it "H20 Technologies" by any chance?
Did a check on www.marshallbrowning.com They are a company based in Osaka in Japan yet their web site is registered Mar 05 to Mar 11 through godaddy.com is the USA and there are no other details listed. Their address is Edobori Building, level 9, 2-1-1 Edobori, Nishi-Ku Osaka. When you google map this address level 9 comes up as "virtual offices". Now I cannot say that all level 9 is virtual offices but...
Also there is a tie in with another company Paynewebber Group who have built up a large stake in Marshall Browning. Again they are a Japanese firm with their web site registered Aug 09 to Aug 19 through Godaddy also with no further details. Again their address is Shinjuku Nomura Building, 1-26-2 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo and again this appears to be "virtual offices".
They could both be legitimate companies, they are talking large amounts of money, but why are they calling a small fry(no offence) in UK?
Draw your own conclusions.

Yes Kenmar, it was H2O Technologies. I always try to post names of cold callers to me on here in the hope that it'll encourage those "at risk" to come to their senses. Offering a minnow like me the deal of a lifetime fails to flatter ! Thanks for the reply

No doubt about it, Bobbi. You are right on the money on this call. You will not find a legitamate office on this one. The boiler room operators seem to be relocating. Some of the tougher legislation, in some of the countries they have been operating out of, has caused this.

Thanks for the reply squawky. It's always nice to know that my posts at least get noticed. In a perfect world they'd crop up on the first line when some innocent daftie googled the company name !

I have just been informed, thru the help of a nice chap around this chat room, that Holland & Leaf are a scam - on the FSA watch list so please be careful as I have sent them a LOT of money for worthless Rule 144 stock that I can only wipe me **** with. PLEASE be careful out there ladies & gents.

Bigbrains sent me the following email;

you have no clue how real biodefense is. you should be very care full what you post cause it just might bight you in the ass. your the one with no balls posting anonymously on a message board, why don't you grow a pair , call me ,my telephone # international 1-917-239-2119 I'm in America eastern standard time ...........

Now I understand that it may be the terrorists themselves selling Biodefense! If I am not careful he will send anthrax through my email:LOL: