Boiler Room Scams

Host Europe, Fox Paine partners inc.

And still they come.

This is a new one as it involves a legit UK company which still exists in name only as it was bought out for cash in 2004. I have sent all the details to FSA, SEC & FSA Japan. Rather than write it all out again I am copying and pasting from those messages. Origional contact was Bill Stanford.

{I believe this to be an advance fee share scam. Fox Paine partners inc.claim to be based in Japan, and they keep saying everything is being done by SEC rules as their client, the buyer, is in America. I am going to sign up, but I will of course not be sending any money. I hope to get their AAA insurance agent and their banking details.
The reason I know it is a scam is that I do not own the shares! I origionally bought 15000 "Magic Moments Internet" shares on the LSE AIM market in 1999 through my local stockbroker. I have no recollection of why I bought them, but it was a speculative buy. These became Host Europe shares, then Host Europe bought Pipex Communications. I am not sure of the exact dealings, I cannot at present find the paperwork to explain it, but in 2004 I sold Pipex at a big loss. I think there was a delisting or private takeover or something. The company has gone through several changes since then and has just changed its name again from "Freedom4 Communications" to "Daisy Group PLC", ticker symbol "DAY".
I have checked with the company registrar, Capita Registrars,and I definitely am not listed as a shareholder. However the first form I received from Fox asked me when I bought the Host Europe shares and if I had a certificate, they did not ask if I still owned them. I told them I had bought Magic Moments Internet, which they had not heard of, but that I did not have the certificate. They came back to inform me that their lawyers confirmed that I was a registered shareholder!
Initially they offered $12.15 per share, total $182,215. Their insurance agent wanted 70% on deposit to guarantee the sale, of which the client was to post 93% and the seller 7%, a total of $8,930.25, fully refundable within 4 to 8 days of the $182k clearing into my account. Yesterday I got another call from Bill Stanford saying the deal had changed, the price was now $16.27 giving me $244,050 & my insurance share was down to 4% of the 70% required, only $6833.40. However they did tell me that they had now achieved 58% sign up for the deal but would still offer it to me. If you have a deal at $12.15 why would you improve the offer to $16.27?
When I checked their website I came across "Manhattan Fujiwara International" as advisors they use. If you Google Manhattan Fujiwara you get a warning from Finansinpektionen(the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority) & several other authorities including FSA. Fox Paine & Manhattan FUjiwara have the same address in Tokyo.
I do not know if you can do anything about these guys but I will forward the other e mails I have received and send you the insurance company and the banking details which I have now received.
I tried to contact FSA to report this on Tuesday 20th, but was told there was a 48hr phoneback. after 48 hr I phoned again to be told I had been misinforrmed, it is a 72hr phone back. Eventually after a bit of badgering I got an e-mail contact address. ([email protected]) It is a pity it was so difficult to establish contact.
I have kept Fox Paine on hold hoping they could get caught out, but I can't do it much longer. Once I have lost contact with them I will post this info on www.trade2win.com as a warning to other investors. I hope FSA will post a warning also.}

I received a Guarantee Letter & Transfer instructions on 19th Oct stating the AAA insurance agency as The Global Insurance Group, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and the bank as RCBC, Makati City, Philpipines!

Following message sent to regulators today.

{Finally accused Fox Paine of running share scam. They remained polite, which is unusual, and offered to send me the copy share certificate and copy of the cheque! Just had a call from Andrew Morgan, to give me the final push, claimed that all the procedures were in place to protect me from Boilerroom scams etc. still refused to accept that my name is not on ther list of registered share holders. Finally pointed out that all the conversationswe had were recorded and that I would be receiving a supoena in due course.
Please explain why they would want to sue me when they claim already have the 51% they need?

Finally got around to digging up my records and found that Pipex Communications plc made a cash offer on 23 April 2004 "to acquire the entire issued and to be issued ordinary share capital of Host Europe plc." I sold my 15000 shares for 2.549p and declared the income on my tax form.

So regardles of what Fox Paine's legal department cllaim, there is no way I am entitled to their money. I can only assume that the scam is that once I pay my "fully refundable insurance fee" they will suddenly discover that I do not own the shares and then refuse to refund my money. Mind you they have worked hard for the $6833.40 fee! which they are not going to get.

In the unlikely event that a summons arrives I will let you know.}

I wonder what intellectual property Host Europe is meant to hold that somebody would want to take them over. And how can you buy shares in a company when no shares exist?

Apologies for the length of this message but I hope it is worth the read.

Oh yes, on top of everything else I am now in breach of non disclosure agreement.
Please come and see me in prison! Better still send me money for my legal fees!

Has any one else heard from these guys?

Mobilestream Oil; Joseph Stiller Associates, Seattle

I received a very similar approach from a John Coleman of Joseph Stiller Associates regarding one of their clients who wished to take a controlling interest in Mobilestream Oil. No price was mentioned but they e-mailed a proforma and a confidentiality agreement.

I smelt a rat as they included in their proforma a request for the amount paid for the shares and I strung them along each time they phoned over the last three weeks but did not respond.

I googled Joseph Stiller Associates and lo there was a website with a load of waffle (which was replicated in its entirety on a referenced website for another company). It was so bland anyone could have set it up.

Had I continued to persue the offer, I would no doubt have had a similar proposal.

And still they come.

This is a new one as it involves a legit UK company which still exists in name only as it was bought out for cash in 2004. I have sent all the details to FSA, SEC & FSA Japan. Rather than write it all out again I am copying and pasting from those messages. Origional contact was Bill Stanford.

{I believe this to be an advance fee share scam. Fox Paine partners inc.claim to be based in Japan, and they keep saying everything is being done by SEC rules as their client, the buyer, is in America. I am going to sign up, but I will of course not be sending any money. I hope to get their AAA insurance agent and their banking details.
The reason I know it is a scam is that I do not own the shares! I origionally bought 15000 "Magic Moments Internet" shares on the LSE AIM market in 1999 through my local stockbroker. I have no recollection of why I bought them, but it was a speculative buy. These became Host Europe shares, then Host Europe bought Pipex Communications. I am not sure of the exact dealings, I cannot at present find the paperwork to explain it, but in 2004 I sold Pipex at a big loss. I think there was a delisting or private takeover or something. The company has gone through several changes since then and has just changed its name again from "Freedom4 Communications" to "Daisy Group PLC", ticker symbol "DAY".
I have checked with the company registrar, Capita Registrars,and I definitely am not listed as a shareholder. However the first form I received from Fox asked me when I bought the Host Europe shares and if I had a certificate, they did not ask if I still owned them. I told them I had bought Magic Moments Internet, which they had not heard of, but that I did not have the certificate. They came back to inform me that their lawyers confirmed that I was a registered shareholder!
Initially they offered $12.15 per share, total $182,215. Their insurance agent wanted 70% on deposit to guarantee the sale, of which the client was to post 93% and the seller 7%, a total of $8,930.25, fully refundable within 4 to 8 days of the $182k clearing into my account. Yesterday I got another call from Bill Stanford saying the deal had changed, the price was now $16.27 giving me $244,050 & my insurance share was down to 4% of the 70% required, only $6833.40. However they did tell me that they had now achieved 58% sign up for the deal but would still offer it to me. If you have a deal at $12.15 why would you improve the offer to $16.27?
When I checked their website I came across "Manhattan Fujiwara International" as advisors they use. If you Google Manhattan Fujiwara you get a warning from Finansinpektionen(the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority) & several other authorities including FSA. Fox Paine & Manhattan FUjiwara have the same address in Tokyo.
I do not know if you can do anything about these guys but I will forward the other e mails I have received and send you the insurance company and the banking details which I have now received.
I tried to contact FSA to report this on Tuesday 20th, but was told there was a 48hr phoneback. after 48 hr I phoned again to be told I had been misinforrmed, it is a 72hr phone back. Eventually after a bit of badgering I got an e-mail contact address. ([email protected]) It is a pity it was so difficult to establish contact.
I have kept Fox Paine on hold hoping they could get caught out, but I can't do it much longer. Once I have lost contact with them I will post this info on www.trade2win.com as a warning to other investors. I hope FSA will post a warning also.}

I received a Guarantee Letter & Transfer instructions on 19th Oct stating the AAA insurance agency as The Global Insurance Group, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and the bank as RCBC, Makati City, Philpipines!

Following message sent to regulators today.

{Finally accused Fox Paine of running share scam. They remained polite, which is unusual, and offered to send me the copy share certificate and copy of the cheque! Just had a call from Andrew Morgan, to give me the final push, claimed that all the procedures were in place to protect me from Boilerroom scams etc. still refused to accept that my name is not on ther list of registered share holders. Finally pointed out that all the conversationswe had were recorded and that I would be receiving a supoena in due course.
Please explain why they would want to sue me when they claim already have the 51% they need?

Finally got around to digging up my records and found that Pipex Communications plc made a cash offer on 23 April 2004 "to acquire the entire issued and to be issued ordinary share capital of Host Europe plc." I sold my 15000 shares for 2.549p and declared the income on my tax form.

So regardles of what Fox Paine's legal department cllaim, there is no way I am entitled to their money. I can only assume that the scam is that once I pay my "fully refundable insurance fee" they will suddenly discover that I do not own the shares and then refuse to refund my money. Mind you they have worked hard for the $6833.40 fee! which they are not going to get.

In the unlikely event that a summons arrives I will let you know.}

I wonder what intellectual property Host Europe is meant to hold that somebody would want to take them over. And how can you buy shares in a company when no shares exist?

Apologies for the length of this message but I hope it is worth the read.

Oh yes, on top of everything else I am now in breach of non disclosure agreement.
Please come and see me in prison! Better still send me money for my legal fees!

Has any one else heard from these guys?

Thanks for the warning about MITSCHKA-ADVISORY. I have had several calls from a Bruce Cameron who has been encouraging me to invest in the next big oil share. He is due to call back tomorrow with the name and to take my order. Needless to say he will be told where to go.
I have also had calls from a James Fuller at PLATINUMca-ag based in Zurich. Does anyone have experience of them? I am suspicious that this is a scam also.

lankycelt,

Did they say they were from platinumca or PCA and Associates? If you look at http://www.platinumca-ag.com now its branded as PCA and Associates. No doubt its a scam but I was just wondering if they have changed the content since you looked at it. They have called me but I am waiting for more details such as bank account etc before telling them to **** off.

Help!!
New to this forum and new to share dealing so please be kind! Having read through loads of these posts, I am now very nervous as I think I have been caught by this scam. I clicked on a link and then was contacted by erp and associates based in Zurich (bells ringing loud now!) website is
equity-rp.com Have been persuaded (all very gentle) to "invest" in 2 shares kalahari greentech and tri-hub international. Their story was exactly as everyone on here says and their website looks like others that have been scamming. I am in for a few £thousand and now am feeling very very foolish. have received loads of reassurance calls and received a share certificate by UPS (which may be worthless I now realise) I was due to send another lot of money tomorrow for next investment but am now scared witless by all i have read. Please does anyone know of this company? Name sounds similar to other scammers so I am not hopeful. I have been in business all my life and would never have thought I could get caught but I am suspecting the worst.

Help!!
New to this forum and new to share dealing so please be kind! Having read through loads of these posts, I am now very nervous as I think I have been caught by this scam. I clicked on a link and then was contacted by erp and associates based in Zurich (bells ringing loud now!) website is
equity-rp.com Have been persuaded (all very gentle) to "invest" in 2 shares kalahari greentech and tri-hub international. Their story was exactly as everyone on here says and their website looks like others that have been scamming. I am in for a few £thousand and now am feeling very very foolish. have received loads of reassurance calls and received a share certificate by UPS (which may be worthless I now realise) I was due to send another lot of money tomorrow for next investment but am now scared witless by all i have read. Please does anyone know of this company? Name sounds similar to other scammers so I am not hopeful. I have been in business all my life and would never have thought I could get caught but I am suspecting the worst.

Whatever you do don't fall for the next scam which is somebody offering to sort it all out for you for a few hundred more. Did the 'broker' ask you to pay the money to them or directly to the company? Did you send all details to Op Archway?

By the way the equity-rp website is under construction, it was registered on 17 September this year and all ownership details are hidden. Kalahari Greentech was previously called NextGen Bioscience Inc. which was a scam http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/29949-bayer-investments-boiler-room-4.html Tri-hub International are no doubt the same.If you search for either name with the word scam you will find numerous references to them.

Last edited:
Whatever you do don't fall for the next scam which is somebody offering to sort it all out for you for a few hundred more. Did the 'broker' ask you to pay the money to them or directly to the company? Did you send all details to Op Archway?

By the way the equity-rp website is under construction, it was registered on 17 September this year and all ownership details are hidden. Kalahari Greentech was previously called NextGen Bioscience Inc. which was a scam http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/29949-bayer-investments-boiler-room-4.html Tri-hub International are no doubt the same.If you search for either name with the word scam you will find numerous references to them.

Whenever someone phones you ask them for the ticker symbol for the share they are offering and if the shares are restricted. That may be enough to scare them off. If not go on line to www.pinksheets.com and enter the tickersymbol. If the share comes up it is pretty certain to be restricted stock. It is easy to see that these shares KHGT and THUB are on the pink sheets or Bulletin Board or grey market so basically they are VERY high risk. The trading volumes are a dead giveaway as are the changing of names, no of stockholders, value of company, and no of times there are share splits.
So all you can do when these guys phone you is say you have had a change of mind, or better a change in financial circumstances-lost your job, need a new car, support a child or something- and need your money back.
Do not be embarrassed by being conned. We are on this site because we have been caught. Unfortunately most people do not find this site until too late.
Let us know how you get on. If you get out with a loss of a couple of thousand, write it off to experience. I lost a lot more.

Gresham Associates ?????????

Hi all, haven't been here for a long time. I would like to alert you all to a company who has just tried to sell me shares, I'm pretty sure its a scam and I realised it before I handed any money over.
A few days ago I got a call from a man in a company called Gresham Associates .www.gresham-associates.com He offered me share advice, when to buy when to sell certain shares and they would get 2% of the profits.He said he would phone me back with the name of the shares company.
He phoned me back with the details of Timberlake Energy Solutions. timberlakeenergy.com
Then today he rang again with a special offer of 5.50euro per share, said they were currently trading at 6.10euro.He tried to get me to buy 2000 shares first, then 500.I said i would have to do more reasearch.
I couldnt find much share info on this company. I contacted my usual broker and told me to contact the FSA. I did and told them the story.
I checked out the domain registration and it seem to have been recently registered in the Bahamas, I think this proves it must be a scam.
If some of you who would know more about this kinda thing could have a look to see what you think of it.Think I had a lucky escape, i was tempted at the start. Cheers

Hi all, haven't been here for a long time. I would like to alert you all to a company who has just tried to sell me shares, I'm pretty sure its a scam and I realised it before I handed any money over.
A few days ago I got a call from a man in a company called Gresham Associates .www.gresham-associates.com He offered me share advice, when to buy when to sell certain shares and they would get 2% of the profits.He said he would phone me back with the name of the shares company.
He phoned me back with the details of Timberlake Energy Solutions. timberlakeenergy.com
Then today he rang again with a special offer of 5.50euro per share, said they were currently trading at 6.10euro.He tried to get me to buy 2000 shares first, then 500.I said i would have to do more reasearch.
I couldnt find much share info on this company. I contacted my usual broker and told me to contact the FSA. I did and told them the story.
I checked out the domain registration and it seem to have been recently registered in the Bahamas, I think this proves it must be a scam.
If some of you who would know more about this kinda thing could have a look to see what you think of it.Think I had a lucky escape, i was tempted at the start. Cheers

Lots of other boiler rooms using the same address as Gresham Associates, Seefeldstrasse 69, Zurich. Google that address followed by 'share scam' and you'll see how many there are.

Lots of other boiler rooms using the same address as Gresham Associates, Seefeldstrasse 69, Zurich. Google that address followed by 'share scam' and you'll see how many there are.

Actually just look it upon Google street view, its a Regus maildrop/virtua loffice location.

Last edited:
I looked it up, is that office not there at all??

Regus provide temporary office space but also virtual offices. Basically you pay a small fee and they allow you to use one of their offices as your business address. With a voip phone system you can buy a phone number for most countries and redirect it anywhere. So for less than $100 a month you can have an office address and phone number in Zurich, New York and London without having to leave your house.

The domain registration of both has scam written all over it. The web page is typical scam. Good job for not loosing your money.

Kenmar had a great reply. Don't feel foolish if you had lost money, we all have and that is what this thread is for. A warning to ourselves and others. This all adds to experience and helps us be cautious when needed. The worst thing we can do is not talk about it.

I paid the monies to the companies via Fiduciary agents which is how the 'broker' arranged it. The first deal was relatively small £1,000, the next one was a lot more and I was due to send another £9,000 for the third! So the good bit is that I found this forum the day before I sent it! They gave been on to me today asking where the money is and I have been claiming that I can't afford it unless the other shares are sold. Now they are going to send lots of information by email to give me confidence in them and are saying to just do half what I am in for. So far they are still really friendly but persuasive- probably that will change. Unlike what every warning says to watch out for, they have always sounded incredibly professional and although persuasive have not been pushy and have always given time to think over the deal and have waited for the monies until funds cleared, so the alarm bells did not go off immediately. I am 99% sure that i have been scammed but 1% of me still hopes to get some money back. Thanks for all the advice, I will definately not send good money after bad and thanks for everyone not furthering my embarrassment. I have to say that the guy i have been dealing with is very very good at what he does, when I spoke today I almost ended up believing him again!
I have sent Op Archway all the details today.

The domain registration of both has scam written all over it. The web page is typical scam. Good job for not loosing your money.

Kenmar had a great reply. Don't feel foolish if you had lost money, we all have and that is what this thread is for. A warning to ourselves and others. This all adds to experience and helps us be cautious when needed. The worst thing we can do is not talk about it.

I was very near been fooled by this gangster, Jack Turner, which wouldn't be his real name anyway.He was very well spoken, english, and was out to make me money, and only wanted 2% of profits in return.He will be calling me again, no doubt, and I'll be telling him where to go.

What is stopping us from getting together and making money???

There are close to 200 pages of posts from people who have lost money with shady investment firms. But we also have something else in common, we all wanted to make money. From reading these posts it seems like all the errors and "tricks" have been revealed.

There are plenty of opportunities if you have enough leverage and it seems to me that there are enough people here with the right resources necessary i.e. capital, time, skills, assets, etc.

I am sure there has to be some way to eliminate the "scam" element from the equation. Maybe some of the long-time members have suggestions on how this could be achieved.

I know we would all have to be extra careful, but I believe if we pulled (or pooled) together we could create something positive out of this.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail. - Confucius

Whenever someone phones you ask them for the ticker symbol for the share they are offering and if the shares are restricted. That may be enough to scare them off. If not go on line to www.pinksheets.com and enter the tickersymbol. If the share comes up it is pretty certain to be restricted stock. It is easy to see that these shares KHGT and THUB are on the pink sheets or Bulletin Board or grey market so basically they are VERY high risk. The trading volumes are a dead giveaway as are the changing of names, no of stockholders, value of company, and no of times there are share splits.
So all you can do when these guys phone you is say you have had a change of mind, or better a change in financial circumstances-lost your job, need a new car, support a child or something- and need your money back.
Do not be embarrassed by being conned. We are on this site because we have been caught. Unfortunately most people do not find this site until too late.
Let us know how you get on. If you get out with a loss of a couple of thousand, write it off to experience. I lost a lot more.

Operation Archway have now been in touch to confirm that KHGT, Tri-Hub (e6f1) and CCTC are almost certainly scam offerings and have warned about the follow up scams that I am likely to get i.e. offers to sell the stock, recover the money etc. etc. all for just a small fee up front! Have tried checking out the share certificate from KHGT and it appears to be genuine? (but I don't believe anything at the mo!) Can anyone advise whether this is able to be traded in this country? It is a pink sheet share that is restricted stock. I have to admit i have no real idea what the 'restriction' means! I can find brokers in USA to trade in pk shares but none found in UK. Are there any who will work for a fee or are the shares completely worthless in the UK?

Operation Archway have now been in touch to confirm that KHGT, Tri-Hub (e6f1) and CCTC are almost certainly scam offerings and have warned about the follow up scams that I am likely to get i.e. offers to sell the stock, recover the money etc. etc. all for just a small fee up front! Have tried checking out the share certificate from KHGT and it appears to be genuine? (but I don't believe anything at the mo!) Can anyone advise whether this is able to be traded in this country? It is a pink sheet share that is restricted stock. I have to admit i have no real idea what the 'restriction' means! I can find brokers in USA to trade in pk shares but none found in UK. Are there any who will work for a fee or are the shares completely worthless in the UK?
Further to my last post. I have now read up on other threads about Reg S shares and seen previous comments about PK shares, so unless anyone knows differently I guess I will just have to frame the certificate and hang it on the wall as a rather expensive piece of reminder 'artwork' Please everyone watch out for ERP, Equity Research Partners - Zurich??

anyone out there being contacted by an outfit called " hammersoneg " in Zurick Switzerland
A women called Julie Sanders in their Administration Department e-mailed me after a conversation with James Christie their head broker trying to get me interested in buying shares in " Premier Power Renewable Energy. "
There is only 1 web site hit in Google for them. They don't seem to even have a web address.
they are so keen to steal that 6 hours previously another head broker called Danny Morgan tried to get me to buy shares in " Investex Funds "
I await their bank details and phone nos so I can send to the FSA, city of London Police, CIA, FBI and USA homeland security and expecially the head office of the transfer bank concerned.
The world is full of suckers + I was one,............... but no web address? just Administration Department at the bottom of e-mail, no disclaimer ? No phone no ? No head office address in London ? in New york + anywhere else they clam to have a office in.?

anyone out there being contacted by an outfit called " hammersoneg " in Zurick Switzerland
A women called Julie Sanders in their Administration Department e-mailed me after a conversation with James Christie their head broker trying to get me interested in buying shares in " Premier Power Renewable Energy. "
There is only 1 web site hit in Google for them. They don't seem to even have a web address.
they are so keen to steal that 6 hours previously another head broker called Danny Morgan tried to get me to buy shares in " Investex Funds "
I await their bank details and phone nos so I can send to the FSA, city of London Police, CIA, FBI and USA homeland security and expecially the head office of the transfer bank concerned.
The world is full of suckers + I was one,............... but no web address? just Administration Department at the bottom of e-mail, no disclaimer ? No phone no ? No head office address in London ? in New york + anywhere else they clam to have a office in.?

Question:- By any chance was James Christie an Ulsterman? if so then this is a guaranteed scam, leopards do not change their spots.
As to Premier Power Reneweable Energy check out PPRW on www.pinksheets.com How come a company with $90m valuation is on the pink sheets? And how come per their website www.premierpower.com they were formed in 2001 yet their name was Harry's Trunking Inc until 9-2008? I am just quoting from Pink Shhets company info.
At the end of the day they are so keen to get your money it has to be a scam. Maybe the power company is legit, but if they are restricted shares then drag them in and run away!
As to derestricting shares look at the trading volumes. Check out www.sec.gov/answers/restric.htm
It can be done for $50 to $100 block fee, I have done it but there is no, point if there is no market.
There is a lot of info out there, you just have to keep looking.
Good luck.

Last edited: