Boiler Room Scams

IAM Group LTD is a scam - continued

Dear members,
I was a victim of those crooks earlier this year, lost a couple of boxes (which I witnessed on T2W). Since then I have been unsuccessfully trying to get my money back.
A few days ago I received following email:
"We have been trying to contact you for sometime with regards to your current investment with us. I cannot express the importance of you dropping us an email with a relevant time whereas we can discuss your account in detail as this is long overdue.
Best Regards,
Steven Parker - Institutional Trader - IAM GROUP LIMITED
Office: +813-4540-1255 - Fax: +813-4540-1000
[email protected]"
In other words, they are bold enough to go on claiming more money despite my threats, emails etc.
I don't know whether some people could get caught another time. Anyway, it is worth mentioning that they would dare anything.
IAM Group is and will always be a scam.:mad:

The "Institutional Trader"

Dear members,
I was a victim of those crooks earlier this year, lost a couple of boxes (which I witnessed on T2W). Since then I have been unsuccessfully trying to get my money back.
"We have been trying to contact you for sometime with regards to your current investment with us. I cannot express the importance of you dropping us an email with a relevant time whereas we can discuss your account in detail as this is long overdue.
Best Regards,
[email protected]"
In other words, they are bold enough to go on claiming more money despite my threats, emails etc.
I don't know whether some people could get caught another time. Anyway, it is worth mentioning that they would dare anything.

The first guy that calls you is the Opener.
The Opener
The openers try to interest the person (known as the “mark”) in a “start-up, mega growth” stock. The stock might be listed on the Nasdaq Index as a low capitalized company (smallcap) so it can be manipulated and sold with less restrictions than the NYSE. More often than not the stock will come from a company from the Over the Counter Bulletin Board (OCBB) which can be bought and sold overseas with almost no restrictions due to Regulation S (a securities law allowing non-listed shares to be sold overseas but not in the USA). The mark will be told that the stock is about to explode or be listed on the NYSE. If they agree to buy now the “broker” might even back-date the purchase to a lower price and the mark stands to make a fortune.

Next is the Closer.
The Closer
Once the mark is interested he is introduced by phone to a more senior fraudster involved in the scam. This person is known as the “closer” and will normally pose as a senior executive at the brokerage firm. He will tell the mark how lucky he is and offer him the opportunity to buy more stock or even stock in other companies.

And then after you are confident that they receiver your funds and you got the welcome to the club bulll****, they usually introduce you to the "Guru", a special VP of Institutional trading who has made his clients a ton of money. Keep in mind, this guy has read the account opening form you filled out providing them with all yopur other investments, your risk tolerance, stock preferences, your net worth, your income etc. Now he has all the ammunition he need to go for the jugular. I've seen these guys with their slick talking take a guy down for over a million dollars.
The Loader
After a number of months the mark will realise that the stock they purchased has not been listed or has not taken off. He will call or fax the “brokerage house” to complain and find out what has happened with his money. The mark will be put through to a “cooler” whose task is to cool down the client and reassure him that his stocks are fine and he is even in a better position. He will tell the mark that to smooth things over he will tip him into another company’s stock that it even better than the one he already invested. The cooler will then pass the mark onto the fourth person in the chain, known as a “loader”. The loader will then sell the mark more worthless stock.

Then when you are really pissed or felling like the situation is hopeless, Here comes the Slop loader.
The Slopper
More time passes and nothing happens. The mark will have called the “brokerage house” and been told that it is closing and his stock has been passed onto another company known as “sloppers”. These are generally fraudulent “brokers” with impressive sounding names such as Monahan & Monahan or Davis Goldberg both of whom scammed our client’s accountant. Other types of these scams are the “recovery rooms” such as InterGlobal Mergers & Acquisitions. These scammers pray on the fact that the marks are desperate to recoup their losses and are vulnerable to further fraud. They will tell the mark that they now control the company whose stock they originally purchased and it is nearly worthless (which of course it is). They will tell the mark that all is not lost because they represent clients who buy worthless stock at a premium for taxation reasons and will swap same for “blue chip stock” such as IBM, etc. Our mark fell for this scam also.
In this scam, for the mark to have his stock purchased by the fictitious tax avoiding clients, he needs to pay monies directly across so that the tax on the stock can be paid (or any other reason to extract further money).
Another scam the recovery room will attempt is to sell the mark an “indemnity bond” to guarantee that the nonperforming shares could be re-registered in the names of supposed clients wishing to purchase the worthless stock.

Now you are really feeling like you want to get anything you can back from this "investment" and you are holding worthless paper.

The “Regulator”
Again, nothing happens and our mark should be getting suspicious. It is at this point when the mark will receive a call from a supposed “stock fraud” investigation or regulatory body. There are a number who contacted our suspect including the “Global Fraud Detection and Prevention Centre”, “International Shareholder Protection Department” and “Securities Regulation Office”.

The scam here is quite simple. The bogus regulator represents a number of stockholders similar to the mark who have been scammed. The “regulator” is trying to prosecute the fraudulent brokers and will be liquidating the stock. The good news is that the mark will be still making a fortune when the stock is liquidated. All the regulator needs is money to pay the IRS to release the stock. The mark is expected to pay these “fees” upfront (as our suspect did).

The “regulator” will also have an official looking web site which lists “accredited brokers” some of whom are scammers. The regulator will give the mark some names of some brokers and advise the mark to check them out on their own web site. Of course they come up as being accredited and genuine and the mark is scammed by them also.

And so it goes round and round.

We all get the emails: “XYZ Co is a hot share buy, about to take off!” or we get the phone calls asking us to invest in some American stock that is about to list on the New York Stock Exchange. While the companies on offer are legitimate, invariably the emails and the phone calls are part of a fraud scheme known as a “boiler room scam”.

My advice is when you get that call out of the blue wanting to conduct a survey, hang up It is the TQ or qualifier trying to get you to accept a call from an opener. That's how it all begins and you are on a "suckers list" forever.

Dear members,
Best Regards,
[email protected]"

apologos,
Please contact me at [email protected]
It might be that I can help you.

Axis Capital group

blackwatch which info do you want to know?

Does anyone have any information on O R Holdings?

ACG contacted me last year and I invested in what I believe to be a scam! After many delays and what appeared to be genuine reasons I am promised that my return on investment will be in my bank by Friday however, I do not believe it!

If, as I believe, this is fraud; is it possible to recover my money?

Does anyone have any information on O R Holdings?

ACG contacted me last year and I invested in what I believe to be a scam! After many delays and what appeared to be genuine reasons I am promised that my return on investment will be in my bank by Friday however, I do not believe it!

If, as I believe, this is fraud; is it possible to recover my money?

After a "transfer recall" cancelation request trough my local bank to Indonesian International Bank, I got 10% of my money back, 6 weeks ago and after that a lot of broken promises to refund the remaining part. I algo got the promise for this week of another transfer.
Maybe they are preparing to shutdown the accounts in iib by this week.

Axis Capital group

[I think you are right they have been promising me a result for the last few weeks which suggests they are close to shutting shop...

oh dear :(

Axis Capital group - fca warning

why would anyone consider going offshore and buying investments from chumps in Indonesia :-0

good to see that finally FCA has put them on the list, I reported ACG to them by 13th April this year, that's how long it takes from a boiler room being unveiled to become black listed, wonder how many more people they have defrauded during that time.
why would anyone go to Indonesia....good question, because they brainwash you on the phone and work with a very delicate mix of greed and fear, never say that this couldn't happen to you. Read whistlermans explanation on the previous page, they know how to trick people, and get more and more out of their victims, you wouldn't believe how much money they have made this way over the last 5 years.

[I think you are right they have been promising me a result for the last few weeks which suggests they are close to shutting shop...

they are trying to get more and more out of you, do not pay them any money, they are boiler room!!! They have switched names again, now they are The Peterson Group. Please get in touch with blackwatch, you may also contact me under [email protected], contact your sending bank and ask them to do a money recall due to fraud, asap!

MG Wealth Advisors/ The Sterling Group International

Dear Members

I am most likely a victim of a boiler room scam. After reading a dozen stories that are similar to my, there is no doubt.
Here's the information of the company:

MG Wealth Advisors
9 Queens Road Central Hong Kong Island
Hong Kong

+852 3010 5853

Beneficiary Account Name: PRO-NICE LIMITED
Beneficiary Account Address: 10D XINSHA ROAD, GAO ER FU HUA YUAN, LU ZHI XUAN 10D, FUTIAN
CHINA
Beneficiary Account Number: 582-301727-838
Currency: MULTI CURRENCY
Swift Code: HSBCHKHHHKH

ALSO:

Beneficiary Account Name: MORE CAPITAL LIMITED
Beneficiary Account Address: BEIJING, CHINA
Beneficiary Account Number: 104001363125400
Swift Code: BEASCNSHBJG

They have now changed their name to:

The Sterling Group International
Shinjuku Center Building ( 新宿センタービル )
1 Chome−25−1,
Nishishinjuku,
Shinjuku-ku,
160-0023 Tōkyō-to

Tel: +81 3 6745 5309

Mail: [email protected]

And of course a new account:

Beneficiary Account Name: CIA. DE STAR MEGA LDA
Beneficiary Account Address: Avenida Da Praia Grande 16, A&B, Macau
Beneficiary Account Number: 27-88-10-062614
Swift Code: BKCHMOMX

Names:
Howard Barclay
Henry Reed
Tom Black
Mark Winskell

And they have an Allocations Department...

If any other member here have information about this company, please share with me.

I really hope that this information will help other people not to do the same foolish thing as me.

Sorry. Is it the same company?

The "Sterling" moniker is kind of amusing in how common that name is used as the name for boiler room investment firms. It crops up all over the damn place over many years.

If you haven't seen this already here's David Gilinsky being arrested in 2002 for a boiler room operation that included "Sterling Capital Corp.".... https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AAIBAJ&sjid=kiUMAAAAIBAJ&pg=847,1574427&hl=en

As well, a "Sterling Capital" boiler room was run by a Scott Mason in Florida but he got pinched. Ha.

This "Sterling Group International" might be related to the other ongoing current scams but I'm not sure.

I'm saying like when the criminals get out the handbook for starting a boiler room it seems like "Sterling" is suggested as a business name on page 1, haha.

Oh, btw, I'm looking for the person who runs this blog about Fisher Capital Management. The "FaisalBlog"... http://faisalmashat.blogspot.com/ ... if anyone who knows who runs it please let me know. For those who haven't seen it you might find some information about FCM, Balmoral, and the rest. But, I can tell you for sure that a lot of it is straight-up wrong and misleading. (Plus, it's a mess) However, there is some stuff there that I would like to talk to the author about.

Same goes for this FCM warning site which someone, probably the same author as that blog, cleverly nipped the domain name... http://www.fishercapitalmanagement.biz/ ... another mess, and very inaccurate, but I'd like to talk to them as well if they are different authors.

Finally, for those affected by "Axis Capital Group", "Balmoral International", "IAM Group", "The Peterson Group" and other investment firms that are related, you can talk to me about an ongoing investigation.

I haven't posted much here but am talking to many people from this forum. We know 100% (they've actually told us this on the phone) that the culprits read these forums and warning sites, but I'm far enough along that it doesn't matter anymore.

If you want to hear about our group's investigation into these scams then contact me here and I'll get back to you with the full story. We've made some real progress, I think.

I have noticed that here and on other warning sites that the information presented by the posters is pretty poor, to tell the truth. Someone says, "Oh, Mr. X runs that" or "It's all related" like wtf is that? You have to explain how you make that connection otherwise it's worthless. Anyone here who has contacted lawyers or LEOs knows that this kind of hearsay is of no use.

Presumably, most of the people in this thread are victims of these boiler rooms. I agree that preventing the same thing from happening to others is a goal but I'd have to say that stopping the people who are doing this has to be the ultimate aim. A little more openness and clarity would help, I think. Sure, be certain that who you are talking to is not from the other team or looking to somehow scam you even further but c'mon anyone can see that 90% of what is posted here isn't very useful for anyone who has done the slightest bit of their own easy investigation into these fake firms. (I'm not trying to criticize or scare anyone away, quite the reverse, but other than the thinnest of surfaces this thread has little use without more cooperation and detail)

/rant hehe.

Same accounts different scams

I am also a victim, the same accounts below is used by people att Bayside Financical Services (www.baysidefinancialservices.com).

Has anyone been in contact with them?

Bradley Shaw
William Armstrong
Grace Bernhard

Dear Members

I am most likely a victim of a boiler room scam. After reading a dozen stories that are similar to my, there is no doubt.
Here's the information of the company:

MG Wealth Advisors
9 Queens Road Central Hong Kong Island
Hong Kong

+852 3010 5853

Beneficiary Account Name: PRO-NICE LIMITED
Beneficiary Account Address: 10D XINSHA ROAD, GAO ER FU HUA YUAN, LU ZHI XUAN 10D, FUTIAN
CHINA
Beneficiary Account Number: 582-301727-838
Swift Code: HSBCHKHHHKH

ALSO:

Beneficiary Account Name: MORE CAPITAL LIMITED
Beneficiary Account Address: BEIJING, CHINA
Beneficiary Account Number: 104001363125400
Swift Code: BEASCNSHBJG

They have now changed their name to:

The Sterling Group International
Shinjuku Center Building ( 新宿センタービル )
1 Chome−25−1,
Nishishinjuku,
Shinjuku-ku,
160-0023 Tōkyō-to

Tel: +81 3 6745 5309

Mail: [email protected]

And of course a new account:

Beneficiary Account Name: CIA. DE STAR MEGA LDA
Beneficiary Account Address: Avenida Da Praia Grande 16, A&B, Macau
Beneficiary Account Number: 27-88-10-062614
Swift Code: BKCHMOMX

Names:
Howard Barclay
Henry Reed
Tom Black
Mark Winskell

And they have an Allocations Department...

If any other member here have information about this company, please share with me.

I really hope that this information will help other people not to do the same foolish thing as me.

Ah, further to sterling, Sterling, STERLING, STERLING!!!!! that I posted yesterday.

I do have some Axis Capital/Triton Ore correspondence from "Sterling Explorations" .... it never ends.

I forgot about that because I believe most of the correspondence is worthless. I don't think I have even bothered to read it until now. "Sterling to Triton, issued share certificates, argle-bargle, argle-bargle, etc. etc." Does it even matter what crap they say in that stuff? We know it's all lies. Anyone taking any of that at face value if they are trying to investigate any of it is just going down a dead-end road. Believe me, I know. Those aren't the threads worth pulling, imo. But, yes, occasionally there is something worth looking at in some of that stuff.

Here it is for what use it may be...

Attachments

• Sterling Explorations Inc - 1501160 - New Name Triton-Ore SA.pdf
    175.8 KB · Views: 565
Finally, for those affected by "Axis Capital Group", "Balmoral International", "IAM Group", "The Peterson Group" and other investment firms that are related, you can talk to me about an ongoing investigation.

I haven't posted much here but am talking to many people from this forum. We know 100% (they've actually told us this on the phone) that the culprits read these forums and warning sites, but I'm far enough along that it doesn't matter anymore.

If you want to hear about our group's investigation into these scams then contact me here and I'll get back to you with the full story. We've made some real progress, I think.

I have noticed that here and on other warning sites that the information presented by the posters is pretty poor, to tell the truth. Someone says, "Oh, Mr. X runs that" or "It's all related" like wtf is that? You have to explain how you make that connection otherwise it's worthless. Anyone here who has contacted lawyers or LEOs knows that this kind of hearsay is of no use.

Presumably, most of the people in this thread are victims of these boiler rooms. I agree that preventing the same thing from happening to others is a goal but I'd have to say that stopping the people who are doing this has to be the ultimate aim. A little more openness and clarity would help, I think. Sure, be certain that who you are talking to is not from the other team or looking to somehow scam you even further but c'mon anyone can see that 90% of what is posted here isn't very useful for anyone who has done the slightest bit of their own easy investigation into these fake firms. (I'm not trying to criticize or scare anyone away, quite the reverse, but other than the thinnest of surfaces this thread has little use without more cooperation and detail)

/rant hehe.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting here, I was called today by these people from the Peterson Group. A quick Q&A with their man confirmed I wasn't going to invest (my stock apparently didn't have a balance sheet or cashflow forecast to review because it was pre-IPO, I guess private companies don't have these!) but checking this forum confirmed it was a scam and I hung-up.

One way to stop these people is to publish their names like you've done so the next person checking on google can quickly determine it's a scam.

Good luck with it all.......

Hello boys.

I've also been targeted in this boiler room fraud. Googling I found this topic. (it wasn't easy though, Google doesn't relate 'scam the peterson group' yet, I had to learn what boiler room scam was first, xD)

I'll just tell my story, in case it can be of any help to someone (haven't lost a euro but they've tried to sweet-talk me into it for a few months)

July 04: I am a Spaniard working in the Czech Republic, and that month I was on vacation. Out of the blue, my company receives a phone call, pressuring my boss to contact me because someone needs some very important documents. My boss understands that it is something related with my government.

July 15: They call back and my boss gives them my phone.

July 24: I receive yet another cold call at 7.30 a.m. from an Indonesian-based Philippine girl (at that point I already noticed it was a scam, no Spaniard would call at 7.30 a.m., no business is open that early!!) after 10 minutes sweet-talking me into the pleasure of doing business with The Peterson Group. Having made clear that I wasn't gonna invest a penny with them, she said she was gonna send me a brochure, (she knew my work address beforehand), so I said, do what you please.

August 10: Brochure arrives. (if anyone is interested, I could take a few pics of it)

September 10: Another guy, British accent, calls again to my job. Some insider tips about an agreement between one Petrodyne company with the french company TOTAL. Shares @ 1,20 that should go quickly over 2,20. I ask him not to call back to my work and give them my personal number (If I gave a fake one, I am afraid they would've kept calling my company).

October 06: I was called again this morning with the same modus operandi, rushing me into buying Petrodyne shares, that will go live in the Frankfurt market in about 5-8 weeks, great opportunity to widen my portfolio, blah blah blah, only this time shares were at 1,30, and minimum he could sell was 8,000 shares (10,400 euros). He's had me 12 mins on the phone until I hung up on him.

Some of the calls were from a hidden number, and others from a +44 (UK?)

Not for one second have I thought of investing with a total unknown company, but I've tried to waste their time as much as I can.

Sadly, I dont remember any names to publish.

Last edited: