Boiler Room Scams

Why not pop down to headquarters in Curaçao - where I will show you how my clients make $250,000 a month - but you have to risk your own cash - we will take % of success only...or are you only good at pointing fingers?

No thanks I don't fancy sailing a home made submarine to Miami for a living.

Oh I see AMoron, you're getting into a pathetic 'I make more money than you' message board pissing contest. I'm sure you do, it's not hard as I'm on Tax Credits.

Now, are you going to try to help some people avoid the scams and being taken advantage of or are you going to contine making useless posts. Many perhaps don't like my posts (espcially the scammers, it's always easy to spot them as they always attack me), but it's very hard to argue that they don't and haven't helped a lot of people save money from the scammers. Got plenty of 'thanks, you've saved me from investing' private messages.

As for Curacao, disgusting drink, shady island, and I'd advise anyone unless they've got top notch legal advice to run a mile from any investment firm that's based there boasting about 'easy money'. Just common sense really.

Plus, always be wary any company that tries to sell investment services via message boards. These people normally like to target the man-in-the-street but never the big professional money managers. That's always a big red flag.

YOu see, if you've got a great company with a great product that can make superior returns you NEVER offer it to retail as it's a waste of time and money. Instead you go for the big instutional money managers. But 99% of money managers would laugh these guys out of their offices as they talk rubbish like 10% a month with little or no risk.

The Caribbean and other offshore scammers all know this of course which is why they always target retail. In effect many in retail are clueless about investments (hence my posts to try to help) and they can never work out that if anyone offers you 10% a month (or similar) 99/100 it pays to run a mile.

SUMMARY: Don't do business with companies offshore, especially in the Caribbean, unless you really know what you're doing and/or take serious legal advice (from a lawyer in your own country). Again, use common sense and you'll be OK.

Good luck everyone. Ask questions here if you're unsure of anything.

Last edited:
or possibly try provide ORIGINAL advice which help people of this forum MAKE money (I know its a foreign term to you).

AMoron, this thread is not about making money. There are plenty of others on the message board for that. The thread, if you haven't worked it out yet, is all about how to save money via not getting caught up in scams and financial rip-offs. Warnings about new posters from shady Caribbean islands boasting about how to make the big bucks, that sort of thing.

And by the way, controlling losses if the first step to making money as he who loses less makes more by default. Risk is always far more important than reward as investing always has, and always will be, a business of managing risk.

Last edited:
AMoron, this thread is not about making money. There are plenty of others on the message board for that. The thread, if you haven't worked it out yet, is all about how to save money via not getting caught up in scams and financial rip-offs. Warnings about new posters from shady Caribbean islands boasting about how to make the big bucks, that sort of thing.

And by the way, controlling losses if the first step to making money as he who loses less makes more by default. Risk is always far more important than reward as investing always has, and always will be, a business of managing risk.

ANALey,

Spoken like a true accountant! An employee relying on someone else to pay him a wage for his ENTIRE life. If I don't have the balls to do it myself, I ll just pretend to "save" everyone else.

Im sure you save people money, because you are an accountant, never take a risk, and never lose a penny! Have you ever heard anyone say thank you for "MAKING ME MONEY"? clearly not, because you don't have it in you. Try investing in or building a business yourself, you might lose some money, but you'll eventually learn how to get it right. If all you worry is about risk....then there will be NO RETURNS!

And BTW, the thread is called Trade2Win, and not "DONT TRADE Just in Case you LOSE...and then justify not trading by asking everyone to join you in your world of pessimism".

Id have more respect for you if you actually admitted you tried and failed, and blamed yourself rather than everyone else, but dont pretend to be a financial wiz whos saving the world!

I extend my offer again, Ill show you how to take a risk...yes of your own...but with a great chance of making money (sorry no guarantees...does that mean you'll run a mile?)

The great investment people of this world made money by placing their balls on the block, and not listen to the rest of the crabs trying to pull them back into the bucket. Try it sometime, its amazingly refreshing!

If you ever left your armchair, you never know you might even enjoy some sunshine.

I've had plenty of sunshine, but mostly in places where you'd be too scared to go.

ps have you heard of iphones in the third world?

See how the Caribbean Get-Rich-Quick merchant AMoron is goading everyone. We're all pussies he says because we never get out of our chairs and take some risk. So we'll forever be stuck in suburbia with the Mondeo in the drive (I actually like mine, it's got the 'executive pack'!).

The trick he's playing is an old one, and it often works on the naive.

But let's say I take him up on his offer. I think it will work like this -

Firstly it's offshore and it will probably deal in 'Prime Bank' schemes, 'Promissory Notes' maybe even commodity deals, legal settlements, they might even have some FX dealing software that is able to take on the 'big boys'. So it will be something that on one hand can be understood on the surface but at the same time nice and complex.

So I decide to invest but first ask if I can see a copy of the company's latest AUDITED set of accounts. He won't like this, because a) there probably won't be any (the company will either be new or there won't actually be a company). That's where the excuses will start. An excellent rule in investing is never do business with a new company unless you know the backgrounds of the people in charge, where they used to work, what they used to do, and those facts can easily be confirmed.

99% of all scam companies are new and have no track record of success for obvious reasons.

Asking for a set of a company's latest Audited accounts is a common practice when investing through financial firms. All legit firms will have no problem sending you the report. Always a massive red flag when they don't.

Now let’s assume his company is called 'ABC Investments'. When you send the money to the bank in Curacao it will probably be to a completely different company name, perhaps 'Universal Exports BV'. Another massive red flag.

Got to love how noble he is saying he'll only get paid if you make money. That's a classic bait and switch designed to give investor some comfort that the 'broker' is on their side and is working for them. But it's all a con because the game is for the client to LOSE money, or rather his money subtly transferred to the people the other side of the deal, ie AMoron and his company or associates.

But if you were to invest a few things might happen.

You might be told straight way you've lost the money, but I doubt it because if you're naive to invest in the first place you're useful for the longer term con. So there's a good chance the deal will 'work' and you'll get paid a big fat juicy dividend, perhaps 5%-10% for a month. But this payment won't actually have been earnt, it will be just your money being returned to you.

The goal here is to make you feel really comfortable, feel that everything is working well and you're getting the returns you were promised. But the scammers goal is to get more cash out of you (or hopefully you'll bring in some of your friends) and the proof of it all working will be the regular dividend payments that have been sent and are in your UK bank account.

Or you might actually be told your cash has doubled and be sent statements proving it. This is an old boiler room trick and it's a good one. But try to withdraw that money and you'll be told you can't because 'it's tied up in the investments' and they cannot be liquidated for a few months or so, basically some lie.

Whatever the case whatever AMoron is proposing will mean only one thing - your money is lost.

Let's just recap here and look at this once more -

1. You meet a stranger on a message board
2. He tells you tales of big money, how his clients (who are all smart and realise if you want to get on in this world you have to speculate to accumulate) are making big money
3. He's based on a highly suspect Caribbean island
4. His company won't be registered by a financial regulator and he won't be able to give you the latest company AUDITED report and accounts.
5. You'll be sending money to an offshore account
6. You won't properly understand what he's proposing, instead you'll be blinded by all the easy money you're about to make. Scammers know how to use basic human psychology.

Add all the above together and you have to laugh :)

Now let the attacks commence!

The scammers hate me for obvious reasons so over to you AMoron. Are you going to shoot down any of my points with hard facts or are you going to conveniently ignore them and instead just attack me, I would think the latter........

PS. I could be wrong in the above, there is a 1% chance that I am, if so, sorry AMoron. The way to prove that I am wrong is to bombard us with hard facts and figures, that will shut me up immediately and I'll apologise without reservation. Hard facts like -

The name of your company
Its website
What it does
How client money is secured
Who it banks with
Who its auditors are etc
Boardroom Bios

Think about that folks, because if you want to open an account with a proper legit investment firm, they're going to answer all the questions above, no problem at all.

Where's Wayne Horwitz of SG Capital?

Anyone seen or heard from him?

Plenty of points for him to answer on this thread, especially the one about how there's never an allocation for affordable housing on the land he's selling. NO Council will ever grant planning these days without a 30% affordable housing quota so I and others are all wondering how his company hopes to achieve the impossible.

I wonder if the people he's selling to at the Shopping Malls in South Africa are aware of this pesky fact. I wonder if SJ Capital is telling them this, or is it keep it very very very very very very quiet for obvious reasons..........

Last edited:
I've had plenty of sunshine, but mostly in places where you'd be too scared to go.

ps have you heard of iphones in the third world?

Ha, you guys are all the same - big talk. Why not come visit me in the sunshine in Sierra Leone. Me and my mates will take great care of you!!

ps Is that the extent of your tech knowledge...copy everyone else? Typical armchair critic, nothing original about you....

Ha, you guys are all the same - big talk. Why not come visit me in the sunshine in Sierra Leone. Me and my mates will take great care of you!!

ps Is that the extent of your tech knowledge...copy everyone else? Typical armchair critic, nothing original about you....

I thought you were in Curacao, or is that what youre drinking?

See how the Caribbean Get-Rich-Quick merchant AMoron is goading everyone. We're all pussies he says because we never get out of our chairs and take some risk. So we'll forever be stuck in suburbia with the Mondeo in the drive (I actually like mine, it's got the 'executive pack'!).

The trick he's playing is an old one, and it often works on the naive.

But let's say I take him up on his offer. I think it will work like this -

Firstly it's offshore and it will probably deal in 'Prime Bank' schemes, 'Promissory Notes' maybe even commodity deals, legal settlements, they might even have some FX dealing software that is able to take on the 'big boys'. So it will be something that on one hand can be understood on the surface but at the same time nice and complex.

So I decide to invest but first ask if I can see a copy of the company's latest AUDITED set of accounts. He won't like this, because a) there probably won't be any (the company will either be new or there won't actually be a company). That's where the excuses will start. An excellent rule in investing is never do business with a new company unless you know the backgrounds of the people in charge, where they used to work, what they used to do, and those facts can easily be confirmed.

99% of all scam companies are new and have no track record of success for obvious reasons.

Asking for a set of a company's latest Audited accounts is a common practice when investing through financial firms. All legit firms will have no problem sending you the report. Always a massive red flag when they don't.

Now let’s assume his company is called 'ABC Investments'. When you send the money to the bank in Curacao it will probably be to a completely different company name, perhaps 'Universal Exports BV'. Another massive red flag.

Got to love how noble he is saying he'll only get paid if you make money. That's a classic bait and switch designed to give investor some comfort that the 'broker' is on their side and is working for them. But it's all a con because the game is for the client to LOSE money, or rather his money subtly transferred to the people the other side of the deal, ie AMoron and his company or associates.

But if you were to invest a few things might happen.

You might be told straight way you've lost the money, but I doubt it because if you're naive to invest in the first place you're useful for the longer term con. So there's a good chance the deal will 'work' and you'll get paid a big fat juicy dividend, perhaps 5%-10% for a month. But this payment won't actually have been earnt, it will be just your money being returned to you.

The goal here is to make you feel really comfortable, feel that everything is working well and you're getting the returns you were promised. But the scammers goal is to get more cash out of you (or hopefully you'll bring in some of your friends) and the proof of it all working will be the regular dividend payments that have been sent and are in your UK bank account.

Or you might actually be told your cash has doubled and be sent statements proving it. This is an old boiler room trick and it's a good one. But try to withdraw that money and you'll be told you can't because 'it's tied up in the investments' and they cannot be liquidated for a few months or so, basically some lie.

Whatever the case whatever AMoron is proposing will mean only one thing - your money is lost.

Let's just recap here and look at this once more -

1. You meet a stranger on a message board
2. He tells you tales of big money, how his clients (who are all smart and realise if you want to get on in this world you have to speculate to accumulate) are making big money
3. He's based on a highly suspect Caribbean island
4. His company won't be registered by a financial regulator and he won't be able to give you the latest company AUDITED report and accounts.
5. You'll be sending money to an offshore account
6. You won't properly understand what he's proposing, instead you'll be blinded by all the easy money you're about to make. Scammers know how to use basic human psychology.

Add all the above together and you have to laugh :)

The scammers hate me for obvious reasons so over to you AMoron. Are you going to shoot down any of my points with hard facts or are you going to conveniently ignore them and instead just attack me, I would think the latter........

PS. I could be wrong in the above, there is a 1% chance that I am, if so, sorry AMoron. The way to prove that I am wrong is to bombard us with hard facts and figures, that will shut me up immediately and I'll apologise without reservation. Hard facts like -

The name of your company
Its website
What it does
How client money is secured
Who it banks with
Who its auditors are etc
Boardroom Bios

Think about that folks, because if you want to open an account with a proper legit investment firm, they're going to answer all the questions above, no problem at all.

ANALey, spoken like true pessimistic accountant - "since Im not able to get off my chair and make money, Ill just SAVE the world, and make sure no one else is, and then I dont feel so small and inadequate".

However, in response to your WILD accusations, and just to prove my point about how negative and misinformed you are:

1. You are the king of assumptions (and you know what they say about assumptions) - you make things up in your head, and communicate them as FACT.

2. Your research is purely armchair based - all your "FACTS" are 2nd and 3rd hand internet researched, you have no idea where or who they come from, and then pass it off as your own.

3. Point out the bleeding obvious - you are basically a copycat, and have no original thought of your own - Mr "Cut & Paste" you should be called.

4. Credibility - I think you want to be discovered as a financial journalist, or a whistle-blower - man you are far from it. If you think that your response above qualifies as credible reporting - you are in for a REAL WORLD shock. Why not try out for a job at the FT, take the above as a sample of your work, and see how the editor responds! ha ha ha ha

All of the above really shows you up as being - at best shoddy and not credible enough to even think you can give, the poor uneducated and misinformed, advice (make me laugh), at worst - a real scam artist, using this platform to boost your ego.

So take your ego trip, and turn it into money MAKING! and POSITIVE thinking.

and BTW, that's not at all what we do! ha ha ha ha just shows doesn't it!

Catch you later Mr "Cut & Paste"!

I thought you were in Curacao, or is that what youre drinking?

Exactly my point how you NEVER get out! We are based in about 5 different locations - as opposed to you - in your armchair only.

Try going out and producing something other than stupid responses!

I said this to AMoron -

-------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And did AMoron come back with any facts, no, instead he attacked me!

So I say again, shut me up with some facts.

Tell us about your firm, what it does, what its website address is, who your main bankers are, executive bios. Simple questions to answer for any legit investment firm.

Probabilities suggest that anyone that can't produce these simple facts, has to be highly suspect especially when they're boasting about easy-money for the little guy!

PS. Got to love where they're based, no London - Paris - New York for them.

Instead its Curacao - Sierre Leone :)

Perhaps they're regulated by the SLFSA (Sierra Leone Financial Services Authority), hahahahaha.

And AMoron - - for someone who's trying to drum up business you're not doing yourself any favours coming across all aggressive and confrontational.

44 Chamerstrasse Hunenberg 6331 Switzerland. Doesnt have to Hong Kong
Three companies there:

GB Global Mining Tom Wilmot.
M1LUX and Tag Capital Garry Potter.
AA Capital on the F.S.A. black list as well.

Always check that their "Head Office" isnt a Regus "Hire By The Hour" Service Centre !

I had a bad experience with Gary Potters co: M1lux which didnt have a licenseto operate in Qatar (where I live) so they used a local firm Saracen Global as a front.

I bought the shares from the saracen ceo Don Hutchison and they didnt move for over a yr!

When I asked what had happened tomy m1lux shares I was told M1lux had now become Tag Capital ventures.

I was toldi would be issued new shares under tag but saracen global dissapeared from qatar and shut down their website.

M1lux is still operating in Cyprus? fromwhat i can tell and th tag capital ventures website also seems to have disapeared.

The chap from saracen global, told me he was representing m1lux in qatar as they didnt have the license and that they alsohad shares in a company called ag global mining gb which i googled and found to be a scam.

I am a first time investorand have lost money on the m1lux shares and i have a friend that has lost a lot of money on the gb globalmining.

I met gary potter when he came over to do a presentation fortag capital at my local rugby club and he was with the COO of the company who is actually an ex welsh rugby captain surprisingly.

I have 3 business cards from don hutchison one as tag, one as m1 and one saracen global.

I only lost a small ammount of money but ill never invest again, they seem to have left a trail of ex pats whove got useless m1lux shares and its easy for people to say why didnt you check xy and z like they do on this site a lot but when you become friends with someone like i did with the saracen director you do things on trust rather than judgement anyway just wanted to share my experience with you mate

Exactly my point how you NEVER get out! We are based in about 5 different locations - as opposed to you - in your armchair only.

Try going out and producing something other than stupid responses!

I made 12k from my ARMCHAIR in this shortened trading week. And I didn't have to deal with any snakes. Who the f***wants to go to Sierre Leone?