Boiler Room Scams

Thanks Pete.

Wayne - Got another simple question for you.

You said this about Brian Smith (who used to work at the notorious scam land banking firm UKLI) -

"Brian did consult for UKLI, he was recruited from Taylor Wimpey in order to assist both UKLI and the administrators to “sort out the mess” that had been created."

Yet, his name was ALL OVER UKLI's glossy brochures proclaiming him as head of UKLI's "Strategic Land Buying Team". That seems to contradict what you say. Looks to me like he was well in with the firm and was hardly 'brought in to sort the mess out'.

Got any comments on that one Wayne?

And while we're on the topic of Brian Smith, your head of "Strategic Land Buying", did you know he's also currently working as the "Strategic Land Director" for Landhold Capital - Landhold Capital - Strategic Land Investment.

Landhold Capital seems to be headed by a one Paul Charney LLB (HONS) who just happened to be heavily involved in the King of all the Land Banking Scammers, yes, you guessed it UKLI. http://www.businessopportunitywatch.com/BOW Review of UK Land Investments Group.htm

So so so so many connections to SJ Capital and UKLI................

PS. I wonder how many 'plots' that Landhold Capital have sold have received planning permission?

Anyone care to have a guess?

Last edited:
Wayne, where are you?

We gave you some simple questions to answer but you've given up on us. I wonder why.......

I'm especially keen to know how the planning decision went on the application for the Greenhithe, Kent site. I still can't find any details on the application from the Council's website.

Maybe you're too busy at the Shopping Mall selling your worthless plots to naive South Africans.

So c'mon Wayne, if you're a legit company and not a land banking scammer, defeat us with some HARD FACTS, not just words.

Hi everyone, as you can tell by my name, I've gotta horrible feeling I've been had. Bought some shares in a company called Encryption Technologies Corporation, following a hard sell over the phone by a company based in Barcelona. I was told that Encryption Tech would float on the Frankfurt exchange in Oct 2011 and that I should hold on to the shares until about Dec 2011 then sell. Well, you've guessed it, the company never did float and looks like it never will. Has anyone else heard of this company? Is there anything I can do apart from assuming I've lost my money? Any help much appreciated.

Hi everyone, as you can tell by my name, I've gotta horrible feeling I've been had. Bought some shares in a company called Encryption Technologies Corporation, following a hard sell over the phone by a company based in Barcelona. I was told that Encryption Tech would float on the Frankfurt exchange in Oct 2011 and that I should hold on to the shares until about Dec 2011 then sell. Well, you've guessed it, the company never did float and looks like it never will. Has anyone else heard of this company? Is there anything I can do apart from assuming I've lost my money? Any help much appreciated.

Yes you've been scammed, any cold caller selling shares is a scammer regardless of what they say. The best thing you can do is ensure you don't fall for their follow up scams which are coming your way shortly. Because you fell for this they are going to try to bleed you dry. Normally this will be some sort of story that tries to convince you they can recover your losses.

Yes you've been scammed, any cold caller selling shares is a scammer regardless of what they say. The best thing you can do is ensure you don't fall for their follow up scams which are coming your way shortly. Because you fell for this they are going to try to bleed you dry. Normally this will be some sort of story that tries to convince you they can recover your losses.

Oddly enough, the firm who sold me the shares, Eden Brown Group, have not vanished off the face of the earth as I would have expected, and will still answer their phones, what they won't do though, is give any kind of definite information about Encryption Technologies. The Australian Securites and investments people confirm there is a company using this name, but I have no way of knowing if it is the same company I am invested in as there was no registered company number in the prospectus. It gets more complicated by the fact that so many countries seem to play a part. The share cert says it is covered by Canadian law, the firm that sold the shares is in Barcelona, ETC itself seems to have connections with Australia, the USA and Russia - I mean where do I start?

Eden Brown are a boiler room scam, they have been on the go for a while. They have been mentioned here before.

Thanks for that. My worst fears confirmed and a large hole in my pocket. They were very plausible and I'm not usually that gullible, but they had me convinced. So can anything be done about them? Makes me mad that they are going to get away with it.

You can report it to Operation Archway at City of London Police and also to the FSA. Don't expect any fireworks though. The main thing is not to fall for the follow up scams.

Thanks for that. My worst fears confirmed and a large hole in my pocket. They were very plausible and I'm not usually that gullible, but they had me convinced. So can anything be done about them? Makes me mad that they are going to get away with it.

The lead man is Jay Lance Gotlieb, boiler room king.
[email protected]
They don't come more evil then him.
He calls his victims the faceless!

I to have bought some of the Encryption Tech shares and having trouble making sense of what is going on.
I have kept in contact with Bob Prichard who seems to be the companies main contact. He is saying they have delayed listing because of euro issues but hope to list this month. Do I believe him? Not sure.
Any how I am also just writing an email to Alex Bennet who was the Eden Brown contact for these shares asking for more infomatiom. I'll post if I get a reply
I also have a few shares in another company called GiantCode also bought via Eden Brown/ Alex Bennett.
These did get listed and I did trade a few last year but then the company was forced to de-list because of some regulation issues with Bafin and the Frankfurt exchange. They say they are relisting in a month or so when these issues have been sorted.
Also you may know that Eden Brown are a regulated company with a tie to a Germany Bafin regulated company. I have been in touch with them also so they do exist in some form or other!
That doesn't mean that the Encryption Tech situation is OK I fear but let's not lose hope yet.
Incidentally I wasn't cold called by Eden Brown.
I suggest that we keep in touch here and anyone else who has these Encryption shares should be chasing Andrew Young or Alex Bennett at Eden Brown.

Oddly enough, the firm who sold me the shares, Eden Brown Group, have not vanished off the face of the earth as I would have expected, and will still answer their phones, what they won't do though, is give any kind of definite information about Encryption Technologies. The Australian Securites and investments people confirm there is a company using this name, but I have no way of knowing if it is the same company I am invested in as there was no registered company number in the prospectus. It gets more complicated by the fact that so many countries seem to play a part. The share cert says it is covered by Canadian law, the firm that sold the shares is in Barcelona, ETC itself seems to have connections with Australia, the USA and Russia - I mean where do I start?

Default Re: Boiler Room Scams
I to have bought some of the Encryption Tech shares and having trouble making sense of what is going on.
I have kept in contact with Bob Prichard who seems to be the companies main contact. He is saying they have delayed listing because of euro issues but hope to list this month. Do I believe him? Not sure.
Any how I am also just writing an email to Alex Bennet who was the Eden Brown contact for these shares asking for more infomatiom. I'll post if I get a reply
I also have a few shares in another company called GiantCode also bought via Eden Brown/ Alex Bennett.
These did get listed and I did trade a few last year but then the company was forced to de-list because of some regulation issues with Bafin and the Frankfurt exchange. They say they are relisting in a month or so when these issues have been sorted.
Also you may know that Eden Brown are a regulated company with a tie to a Germany Bafin regulated company. I have been in touch with them also so they do exist in some form or other!
That doesn't mean that the Encryption Tech situation is OK I fear but let's not lose hope yet.
Incidentally I wasn't cold called by Eden Brown.
I suggest that we keep in touch here and anyone else who has these Encryption shares should be chasing Andrew Young or Alex Bennett at Eden Brown.

Wayne of SJ Capital are you still there?

We're still waiting on the simple questions we asked.

Looking for an update on the planning application for the Greenhithe, Kent site. I still cannot find any details from the Council.

Also looking for information on how SJ Capital aims to do the impossible, ie get planning permission for all it's sites with a 0% allocation to affordable housing.

Surely you must be informing your clients of this critcal bit of information as it's the duty of a responsible company to let them know ALL the facts. But there's never a mention on your website. Is there a reason for this? I hope it's not because it decimates the chances of your sites ever receiving planning.

If you're a future SJ Capital customer or a present one, make sure you ask the company about the 'affordable housing' question. Then please report back here. I'd be really interested to know what they say. In fact I might even call them myself posing as a potential client........

In summary: If any company ever tries to sell you a plot of land without mentioning 'affordable housing' you're being setup to buy worthless land. Ask questions here, we can help.

The new posters re Eden Brown.

Sorry but you've all been hoodwinked to buy worthless stock. The excuses you hear from the 'brokers' will keep on coming. Pay anymore money to them and you'll be stuffed up again.

Now, I'm going to be cruel to be kind here to help you save a lot of money. You all clearly don't know what you're doing when it comes to investing or understanding companies. The proof is simple - if you did you would have never gone near Eden Brown or bought any of these crappy companies.

It's therefore critical right now that you stop investing in the stockmarket unless you're willing to do a lot of work understanding how things work. Failure to do this means you'll be easy meat for the professional salesmen you've been dealing with. Think back to what you were told when you were first contacted about investing in these companies, now ask yourself has any of that 'big talk' happened? Have you made the 'easy' money the salesmen almost assured you'd make? The answer of course is no, in fact the opposite has happened. You've all lost money yet the salesmen will have made loads - in effect the salesmen was using you to pay himself. There's the con right there, and because you couldn't spot it you're in real danger of falling for more 'easy money talk' as the salesmen now know you're all desperate to make back the money. In effect you're very easy meat for them which is how they play the game.

Like I said, don't attack me for telling the truth, instead realise I'm trying to save you all alot of money and heartache because these salesmen have a nasty habit of taking people for all they're worth, litterally.

Good luck and I hope this post has helped you all see the light, you're all pawns in a far bigger game. The way to stop being played is to stop what you're doing.........

The new posters re Eden Brown.

Sorry but you've all been hoodwinked to buy worthless stock. The excuses you hear from the 'brokers' will keep on coming. Pay anymore money to them and you'll be stuffed up again.

Now, I'm going to be cruel to be kind here to help you save a lot of money. You all clearly don't know what you're doing when it comes to investing or understanding companies. The proof is simple - if you did you would have never gone near Eden Brown or bought any of these crappy companies.

It's therefore critical right now that you stop investing in the stockmarket unless you're willing to do a lot of work understanding how things work. Failure to do this means you'll be easy meat for the professional salesmen you've been dealing with. Think back to what you were told when you were first contacted about investing in these companies, now ask yourself has any of that 'big talk' happened? Have you made the 'easy' money the salesmen almost assured you'd make? The answer of course is no, in fact the opposite has happened. You've all lost money yet the salesmen will have made loads - in effect the salesmen was using you to pay himself. There's the con right there, and because you couldn't spot it you're in real danger of falling for more 'easy money talk' as the salesmen now know you're all desperate to make back the money. In effect you're very easy meat for them which is how they play the game.

Like I said, don't attack me for telling the truth, instead realise I'm trying to save you all alot of money and heartache because these salesmen have a nasty habit of taking people for all they're worth, litterally.

Good luck and I hope this post has helped you all see the light, you're all pawns in a far bigger game. The way to stop being played is to stop what you're doing.........

Wow, you really are self righteous! You set yourself up as a "guru" whilst pointing out the bleeding obvious, yet I ask you again, have you ever made any real money yourself?

Clearly not, which is why you waste your time trying to "save" others. Im not sure you have the credibility to offer advice then - maybe its time for a real job, or possibly try provide ORIGINAL advice which help people of this forum MAKE money (I know its a foreign term to you).

If you need any help let me know, Ill show you how.

Wow, you really are self righteous! You set yourself up as a "guru" whilst pointing out the bleeding obvious, yet I ask you again, have you ever made any real money yourself?

Clearly not, which is why you waste your time trying to "save" others. Im not sure you have the credibility to offer advice then - maybe its time for a real job, or possibly try provide ORIGINAL advice which help people of this forum MAKE money (I know its a foreign term to you).

If you need any help let me know, Ill show you how.

I don't think we've heard much from you about how to make money.

I don't think we've heard much from you about how to make money.

Why not pop down to headquarters in Curaçao - where I will show you how my clients make $250,000 a month - but you have to risk your own cash - we will take % of success only...or are you only good at pointing fingers?