Boiler Room Scams

Hi JCB,

If you are cold called regarding the investment then sorry to tell you that there's a 99% chance that they will be attempting to steal your money from you. And there's little you can do about it because you're dealing with heartless scammers with no morals. They will have a barefaced lie ready for every question you might want to ask them.

Just learn from your Mobilestream mistake and never get involved in anything you don't understand, especially when people you don't know call you out of the blue offering you easy money.........

Remember to answer this one as JCB not Lovejoy ( It's a bit of a giveaway )

Last edited:
rub1 said:
Hi JCB,

If you are cold called regarding the investment then sorry to tell you that there's a 99% chance that they will be attempting to steal your money from you. And there's little you can do about it because you're dealing with heartless scammers with no morals. They will have an barefaced lie ready for every question you might want to ask them.

Just learn from your Mobilestream mistake and never get involved in anything you don't understand, especially when people you don't know call you out of the blue offering you easy money.........

Remember to answer this one as JCB not Lovejoy ( It's a bit of a giveaway )

Rub1, please don't give false and plainly incorrect advice.

No way is it 99% it's 99.99%
:cheesy: :cheesy:

Hi Rub1,
Thanks for your reply you seem to be the only one listening. In regards to Lovejoy its because I replied from another workstation on that occasion so no mystery

I was just called by a boiler room called Lloyd Stanley (www.lloyd-stanley.com) who were plugging Quantum Technologies (www.qtww.com) - the pitch being that they had purchased a large block of stock with the intention of driving the price up to $6, and were offering private investors some of their allocation at a 20% discount.

Allegedly based in switzerland, the website is pretty basic and does not mention anything to do with any regulatory body, although their splash entry page has an interesting disclaimer on it.

The lady who called, dont remember her name, sounded like she was new, poor lass, and was stumbling her way through the script so I didnt give her too much of a hard time :)

afjt said:
Rub1,

"J P Stuart Associates www.jpstuartandassociates.com " no longer appears on the FSA list. Does that mean that they are now authorised ?!!

This company has cold-called me (don't worry, I have no intention of sending them any money !), but it seems strange that they have (recently ?) disappeared from the FSA's bad-boy list ! Without me mentioning it, they volunteered that their website had been cloned by Carlton Webber, who are on the list - the implication being that JP Stuart are the good guys, who have been targetted themselves by criminals.
AFJT,

No need to worry any more, JP Stuart Associates (AKA Carlton Webber and Hartford Management Group) are back where they belong, on the FSA's bad boys list.

I love the way that Lloyd Stanley scam firm is pushing 'Private Equity'.

Who doesn't know these days that PE has made a lot of money for investors so the scam firms are just doing what they've always done, latch onto the buzzwords and the hot markets of today.

premier developments ag

I found this on the web:

Re: Heard of goldfield consultants?
By Paul Brunner on 6/27/2005 10:43:58 PM
E-mail: [email protected]

Oh, just found more interesting stuff

Anderson Fitzpatrick ( Switzerland) AG
http://www.moneyhouse.ch/shab/2003_227/Anderson.htm
Signed by Tissot, Dr. Thierry, von Valangin, in Zug, Mitglied, mit Einzelunterschrift
Guess who signed for Lakeside Consulting?????

Goldfield Consultants and Anderson Fitzpatrick on the same list???
How comes???
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtml

Some interesting reading
http://goldentalk.com/t173.html
http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9332609&sort=postdate

If you have been scammed by these companies, call the Economic Crime supression divison, Kanton Schwyz +41 (0)41 819 20 86

(my research)

the company is registered in switzerland under:CH-170.3.027.710-6

but they are trading out of spain

Stato dei dati : 24.02.2006]

Firma-ID-Nr. Nature giuridica Data dell'iscrizione Inizio Canzellazione
CH-170.3.027.710-6 Aktiengesellschaft 21.10.2004

Ei Sede sociale Ei Racapito sociale
1 Zug 1 Zeughausgasse 2
6300 Zug

Scopo
Erbringung oder Vermittlung von Dienstleistungen im Zusammenhang

Ei Ditta
1 Lakeside Consulting AG - company cancelled
1 (Lakeside Consulting SA) - company cancelled
1 (Lakeside Consulting Ltd) - company cancelled
2 Premier Developments AG this is their new name!!! Land banking

2 Premier Developments AG
www.premierdevelopments.ch
Premier Developments AG
Zeughausgasse 2
CH-6300 Zug
Switzerland
PHONE: +41 41 720 48 91
FAX: + 41 41 720 48 92

they have been recently selling dodgy stocks with their recent three lakeside companies but premier developments seem to be trading in international land banking. be very worried and don't fall for their al partners or collmans solicitors because they may be legit but the land their selling may not.

to see their company registration:
http://www.ehols.com/dsj/comregentry.pdf

for more info on Boiler rooms:

www.trade2win.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-14154.html

Last edited:
Bactrol

davideva said:
Hi
I was contacted by same offering a company called bactrol tbased in UK that was allegedly about to solve the problem of mrsa in hospitals and was being floated in early 2006. I gave my email and was sent a very optimistic presentation allegedly from the company on plans and predictions for market share. Links to a London Univ and Hospital were claimed, I was also given a company website that looked great and had some history and client base. I was sent a contract note for the 1500 but made it clear that despite "money by end of week" i would do due diligence before trading.
I phoned the company and said i was nearby and wanted to call in to see them about their flotation plans. The MD asked to phone me back and contacted me about an hour later to say there was no flotation and he (as 50% owner) did not know what I was talking about.
i sent him grayson house info and he has passed on to DTI and has contacted London Univ to find oout what role the named individuals in the presentation have played (if any).
Terry phoned me to ask if i had paid and I explained that company seemed to know nothing about flotation - he then said that investment was being handled by another company and that may have caused confusion - I asked for name so I could contact company. We have not spoken again. Bactrol are interested in anyone else who has been contacted and you can find their contact details via www.bactrol.co.uk
Terry was keen to tell me that Grayson were swiss regulated and that their collection agent - Global administration is FSA regulated (i checked and they are) - this makes you feel a bit confident but my gut feeling is that ther will turn out to be a catch/loop hole that makes it impossible to do anything if your money goes missing!
I may be over suspicious - I have been scammed once before by a cold caller (Edward Tate offering a company called Datacept) and fell for it. Once bitten twice shy!!

Hi

I wondered if you had the presentation that Bactrol sent you as i am investigating this company myself and would like to know what names thay are supposedly using as references/research technicians from a London University in their trials. Any info would be much appreciated,

Hi ianpether and welcome to the board,

Be careful, there is a perfectly legitimate company called Bactrol Ltd, which owns a web-site at www.bactrol.co.uk, but the bogus company that I think is the one you are talking about, as a web-site at www.bactrol.com. Here are a few interesting posts about the later:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9842622&sort=whole#9848606

One from a person purporting to be the managing director

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9731337

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9731829

Note it is now April and I haven't seen any signs of the supposed float on the stock market?

Regards Rub1

Last edited:
Hi, I am a new member and would appreciate some advice. I have been approached via this boiler room method offering shares in a New Millenium IPO and have been stupid enough to confirm a deal over the phone. I haven't given any money or bank details but have made a verbal agreement. I now realise from reading the entries on this thread that it is a con but do have any legal obligation to honour this agreement. Sorry if this all sounds naive, the 2nd last thing I want to do is part with my money, but the last thing I want to do is end up in court for breach of contract if this is even more costly. Help!!!!!!!!!

In my view if you havent signed anything then there is no way that anyone can make it stick. Also no-one involved in a scam is going to take you to court to get money out of you.

Paul

Trader333 said:
In my view if you havent signed anything then there is no way that anyone can make it stick. Also no-one involved in a scam is going to take you to court to get money out of you.

Paul

Thanks Paul, that was my initial thought, but it' always good to get others peoples views on these sorts of situations

Jason.

Jasonb745 said:
Hi, I am a new member and would appreciate some advice. I have been approached via this boiler room method offering shares in a New Millenium IPO and have been stupid enough to confirm a deal over the phone. I haven't given any money or bank details but have made a verbal agreement. I now realise from reading the entries on this thread that it is a con but do have any legal obligation to honour this agreement. Sorry if this all sounds naive, the 2nd last thing I want to do is part with my money, but the last thing I want to do is end up in court for breach of contract if this is even more costly. Help!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jasonb745,

In your post you don't exactly mention the name of the company with which you where being pestered by. But if the company is not regulated by the FSA then don't worry, there's nothing that they can do. To force you to pay they would have to come to the UK and take action against you in a court and quite simply any court would throw out the case because any oral agreement that you have is “illegal”, ie the boiler room cannot enforce it against you.

Section 26 of the FSMA explains this clearly: www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00008--c.htm#26

26. - (1) An agreement made by a person in the course of carrying on a regulated activity in contravention of the general prohibition is unenforceable against the other party.

Regards Rub1

Thanks Rub, the re-assurance is much appreciated. The 'broker' in question is Marshall Standwick based in Luxembourg

Last edited:
Just had a call from Newbridge International pushing Chelsea Management Group shares. The websites for each company dont inspire despite the stock being quoted CLMP.

Another seems to good to be true offer?

If you are cold called by any 'broker' (read ' boiler room') put the phone down. The rest of the conversation will just be a waste of time.