Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

If you haven't read the book there's no point in explaining. If you really want to learn then get it from the source.
It's hard enough to trade this way. I can't imagine trying to do it from this thread or Bobs charts alone. Crazy.

cool, thx, best to stick to what i m doing then

Hey guys,

Does anyone know any software to do some historical back testing with bob's method? MetaTrader doesn't seem to support tick data and therefore doesn't do bob's 70 tick charts.

Txs

Hi BLS,

Thanks for posting these charts weekly, I find them really helpful. I have been studying Bob Volman's material (Understanding Price Action) for some time now and am beginning to get a hang of it. Please for these charts you post weekly are they all eur/usd pairs or a collection of different pairs ?

They're all Eur/Usd 70 tick charts.

Thanks PipMonster24. I actually trade these on 1hr chart. Is there any way of generating these tick charts on meta trader MT4?

There are a couple homemade indicators floating around that replicate the tick chart functionality. I honestly can't remember where exactly I got mine from. Google it and there are multiple options.

Okay. No worries. Thanks

ProRealTime has a free evaluation period you can use their product. I've got it running along with my MT4 so I can compare the tick charts and such. If it adds $75 of value to my trading per month then I might buy it, if not then oh well.

Trades taken with Bob Volmans Breakout price action startegy

1st chart shows my entry in anticipation of the breakout from a flag pattern on 4hr and 1 Hr (1hr chart not attached). Though from a conservative stand point it looks very aggressive.

2nd chart shows PA approaching TP. I had to exit manually as prices started forming lower highs around monthly pivot at the close of the week last Friday.

Pardon the too many lines on my chart. Will try to make things cleaner with time

Attachments

• 20 GBPJPY.H4.png
    20 GBPJPY.H4.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 395
  • tp 20 GBPJPY.H4.png
    tp 20 GBPJPY.H4.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 298