Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Is there a factual reasoning behind your comment or is it just your opinion?

I suppose that as long as you think that he is a generous guy, then whether or not he is actually a profitable trader is irrelevant. As opposed to just saying random nice things about a product vendor, would it not be more effective to show his method as being able to be utilised and consistently profitable, by showing your actual trades with the 'recent executed orders' indicator or ninjatrader similar thing?. Not just a few lucky trades but using the indicator to show wins and losses, over a reasonable period of time. If someone were profitable with this method, then maybe they could be helping others by displaying their actual trades, as opposed to hypotheticals that occurred a week ago. We have no reason to believe that bob actually trades. Why would he not show his trades along with his analysis?. It would be good to see, instead all that the readers of his books are left with for studying and creating a standard to aspire to, are subjective week old hindsight hypotheticals. With the exception of providing these charts, what else defines bob as generous?

Hiding Pipettes in Prorealtime

I did consider trading this setup but I had some computer problems and missed the break. I think the trade was ok, just that the outcome wasn't.

Hello,
I have a quick question: how do i ,,hide´´ pipettes in prorealtime?
I have looked through all Options and Settings but i could not find it so far.. online there is no advice either.
Greetings

Hiding Pipettes in MT4

Market was trading inside a larger range and left without me but Nice PA for an example EURUSD 70tick 4 digit chart on MT4

Hello, i have a quick question, i would Need some help with trading software- how did you make your mt4 Chart Show ticks and how did you make it Show only 4 Digits?
would be great if you can tell me
thanks

Very interesting discussion here at the moment..
I've been involved with trading almost ten years now, and as many of us, walked a dirty road of learning this outstanding way to create income! I have paid my lessons..;)

I dont give a ****, does Al or Bob really trade or not, only thing that matters to me is those guys helped me to strip my charts and only trade what i see!
Both of these guys have repeatedly said:"do NOT follow me as a guru, find your own way to trade". And that is very important! PA is not something, you can put together few basic rules and make money with it. PA repeating itself in million different way, there cant be strick rules when youre trying to trade it... My opinion is, that both of these guys are just trying to give us a guide, how to approach the market, not how to trade it...(y)

Sorry my English, and green pips for ya!!:clover:

Exactly , wonderfull quote people that do not like or understand should keave and do their witch hunting elsewhere
Pho

Volman Inspired as always

Trade today Just because I can :)
Slightly late on the break but added on the 2nd test, actually forgot I had the Auto partial exit on another chart which pushed me to BE a bit early so I was shaken out, But nice Volman inspired Trade :D
usbC4ni.png

e6nd2ZR.png

Why would the last one fail? Its too near NTR from the previous rejections however attractive the 00 magnet apears, enjoy, those who may prosper. Pho
aIT0rgH.png

I think the reason so many have difficulty with Volman's technique is because, as he states in his book many times, you can't just carry around the setups as pets. I've learned the hard way that is so true. Reading pressure seems to be key.

For those able to trade this way, or versed in it, could you please have a look at this chart? Times are EST.
Pressure was heavy to the downside so I skipped the IRB and ARB longs around the 8:15 and 8:30 mark.
After this range was broken out of and tested, does it now act as demand, because obviously there was some demand in there and therefor pressure is now UP?

I'm just curious if the right edge RB short would be into unfavourable conditions and thus a pass? Or because overall pressure was down on a larger frame do you just go with that?

Thanks.

Attachments

• T2Wquestion.jpg
    T2Wquestion.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 256
I think the reason so many have difficulty with Volman's technique is because, as he states in his book many times, you can't just carry around the setups as pets. I've learned the hard way that is so true. Reading pressure seems to be key.

For those able to trade this way, or versed in it, could you please have a look at this chart? Times are EST.
Pressure was heavy to the downside so I skipped the IRB and ARB longs around the 8:15 and 8:30 mark.
After this range was broken out of and tested, does it now act as demand, because obviously there was some demand in there and therefor pressure is now UP?

I'm just curious if the right edge RB short would be into unfavourable conditions and thus a pass? Or because overall pressure was down on a larger frame do you just go with that?

Thanks.

Yes it was into unfavourable conditions, and yes the two time frames were conflicting with one hinting at upward pressure and the other hinting at downward pressure, good job.

Why would the last one fail? Its too near NTR from the previous rejections however attractive the 00 magnet apears, enjoy, those who may prosper. Pho
aIT0rgH.png

Nice work with the boxes, however you did not take these as trades. Why are you deliberately trying to be vague?

Trade today Just because I can :)
Slightly late on the break but added on the 2nd test, actually forgot I had the Auto partial exit on another chart which pushed me to BE a bit early so I was shaken out, But nice Volman inspired Trade :D
usbC4ni.png

e6nd2ZR.png

Hilarious:clap:
You are a great representative of bobs method.
Are you able to elaborate on your posting of the "equities" chart?

Yes it was into unfavourable conditions, and yes the two time frames were conflicting with one hinting at upward pressure and the other hinting at downward pressure, good job.

Do you find, since we're only going for 10 pips, that relying on the 70 tick pressure, and ignoring what you can't see on your chart, is the way to go with this method?

On my chart above, the right edge RB did have a false break short at that time when bulls stepped back in to test the high again.

These setups MUST be used in the ideal situations and locations to succeed. That's the hard part. I do learn which is which from every loss though.

Do you find, since we're only going for 10 pips, that relying on the 70 tick pressure, and ignoring what you can't see on your chart, is the way to go with this method?

On my chart above, the right edge RB did have a false break short at that time when bulls stepped back in to test the high again.

These setups MUST be used in the ideal situations and locations to succeed. That's the hard part. I do learn which is which from every loss though.

The ideal situations and locations are very hard to find. Maybe ignoring certain information is the way to go. Why do you use the 70 tick and not another number of ticks for reading the pressure? -How do you read pressure?

You did not take this trade. What is the reason for showing it? - Are you sure that it is a range break?

Why does Bob post his charts, your missing the point
, education.
Any pattern with 2 edges could be a range, this could also have included an upward trendline, the

price action showing the 2nd test was the important part of the chart ,
The inclusion of the median was the headache as its not Volman based, but does show That a personal trading style can assist if needed its whatever helps you focus on areas of interest.
Pho

Last edited:
Nice work with the boxes, however you did not take these as trades. Why are you deliberately trying to be vague?

Nothing vague there, multiple taps on the first, and if you observe shortly after the second a nice doji at the 20 which retests the outline, Just read the charts they are for learning, if I get them wrong hopefully I will get criticised, if you personally do not apreciate them ignore them, hopefully others may.
Pho

Thanks.

Hi
Look at the chart , you have a new Hi and a recent new Lo whats next a Hh or a Ll this scenario implies price is inside the market as Allen always stares , be carefull do not trade inside. I hope this can be a safety rule, If the market cannot decide why should you. Pho

The ideal situations and locations are very hard to find. Maybe ignoring certain information is the way to go. Why do you use the 70 tick and not another number of ticks for reading the pressure? -How do you read pressure?

I use the 70 tick because I'm implementing Bob Volman's approach to the market. Thats what he uses. I quite like it. I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel.

As for pressure, good question. That's why I'm asking anyone who has experience with it.
On very strong trend days it's so easy. The other 80% of the time it's a lot tougher.

Pho had a good point not to trade inside the market but aren't we always inside the market unless we're taking breakouts to new highs or lows? Maybe it's a matter of sufficient buildup to be able to make it through these areas.

I use the 70 tick because I'm implementing Bob Volman's approach to the market. Thats what he uses. I quite like it. I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel.

As for pressure, good question. That's why I'm asking anyone who has experience with it.
On very strong trend days it's so easy. The other 80% of the time it's a lot tougher.

Pho had a good point not to trade inside the market but aren't we always inside the market unless we're taking breakouts to new highs or lows? Maybe it's a matter of sufficient buildup to be able to make it through these areas.

Continuation breakouts and pullbacks to the ema , you got it thats called a trend and hopeully its inline with HTF trends etc.
Inside an area of rotation where its difficult to tell if price will continue or turn , wait for it to decide, especially for example where the daily Hi/Lo is near the ATR for the day, its all ODDS related and its better to have them on your side.
Safe pipping Pho