Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Now here we are getting to the core of the matter.

Any other trader does not need to show any proofs if he does or does not trade unless he wishes to.
But for a vendor or a charlatan is a must .

A forum is a place for a charlatan to fish abundantly.
Charlatans are very able with words, they always have another one up their sleeves but without any proofs they remain only charlatans or vendors for someone with a bit of common sense.
There is simple reason for all this, they do not have any evidence because if they did they would not be vendors or charlatans.

Listening to them they always hold absolute truths but they are reluctant in providing any proofs, when you ask for some substantial explanation they became very slippery in their ambiguity "you just need to study the market" sort of...or "years of coalface" kind of...

We had another charlatan on this forum a way back, it took us a long time to get rid of him. In the mean time many decent member left in disgusted and the quality of the forum took a low.
I did see many enthusiastic believers following him bleeding slowly to death until they liberated themselves from the pain in a liberating moment of clarity. To some it took months and every day.
They could not grasp it because there was nothing to grasp. It was completely BS. But they believed or wanted to believe.

Seems to me history is repeating itself here at t2w, another phase another charlatan.

This forum once more had became a fertile ground for another charlatan, the people I knew from before barely make a post nowadays and when they do they are promptly dismissed with another elaborated notion of absolute BS truth but without any evidence to sustain that BS, the only evidence provided is that holding absolute truths confirms pure charlatanism.

Are you a vendor? if yes before I spend 10 cents I want to see proofs you are trading and you are successful at it, other wise keep it for yourself you elaborated notions articulated BS words.

They are very slippery in their ambiguity- and when someone is learning, there is no justification for taking advantage of their naivety. We cannot know everything automatically, there is a certain joy in learning new things, and it is these type of charlatans and product vendors that take that joy away from aspiring traders. The joy is replaced with disgust upon realizing that once again another liar has been allowed to blatantly mislead people.

If you're not trading it, why are you so obsessed with it?

-what are you talking about -obsession? - I am just asking for some demonstration. I am assuming that is something that you are unable to do.

-why do you avoid all the relevant questions?

-why are you defending bob?

-are you also a product vendor?

Given that this thread has 3750 posts, I should think there are enough demonstrations.

Perhaps you'd derive greater satisfaction out of developing your own trading plan.

Given that this thread has 3750 posts, I should think there are enough demonstrations.

Perhaps you'd derive greater satisfaction out of developing your own trading plan.

What is your point?

-there has not been one reasonably profitable practitioner of this method within all the posts on this forum for years.

-I have derived great satisfaction from developing my own trading plan.

-why do you avoid answering the relevant questions?

-are you affiliated with bob? -if not- then why are you defending him?

What is your point?

-there has not been one reasonably profitable practitioner of this method within all the posts on this forum for years.

-I have derived great satisfaction from developing my own trading plan.

And where have you detailed and explained this plan?

You're the only person who thinks I'm defending him. And, no, I don't take any of it personally. Why would I? And by "victims" I mean those who elect to pay somebody for their trading plans rather than develop their own then complain that they've been taken advantage of.

Evaluating plans is hardly idiocy, at least for those who are willing to take responsibility for their results rather than blame somebody else.[/QUOTE

There is no depth in what you are saying. Why do you avoid all the relevant questions?:eek:

Do you trade with this method? -if so- demonstrate. or -if not- why not?- If you do not then why are you so adamant in your support for bob?:eek:

If an aspiring trader is advised that they can evaluate a trading method within only "a couple of weeks via market replay", -that surely has to be considered misleading, and idiotic. :eek:

Attachments

• lolololol.gif
    lolololol.gif
    273.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Very interesting discussion here at the moment..
I've been involved with trading almost ten years now, and as many of us, walked a dirty road of learning this outstanding way to create income! I have paid my lessons..;)

I dont give a ****, does Al or Bob really trade or not, only thing that matters to me is those guys helped me to strip my charts and only trade what i see!
Both of these guys have repeatedly said:"do NOT follow me as a guru, find your own way to trade". And that is very important! PA is not something, you can put together few basic rules and make money with it. PA repeating itself in million different way, there cant be strick rules when youre trying to trade it... My opinion is, that both of these guys are just trying to give us a guide, how to approach the market, not how to trade it...(y)

Sorry my English, and green pips for ya!!:clover:

Last edited:
I've been involved with trading almost ten years now, and as many of us, walked a dirty road of learning this outstanding way to create income! I have paid my lessons..;)

I dont give a ****, does Al or Bob really trade or not, only thing that matters to me is those guys helped me to strip my charts and only trade what i see!
Both of these guys have repeatedly said:"do NOT follow me as a guru, find your own way to trade". And that is very important! PA is not something, you can put together few basic rules and make money with it. PA repeating itself in million different way, there cant be strick rules when youre trying to trade it... My opinion is, that both of these guys are just trying to give us a guide, how to approach the market, not how to trade it...(y)

I'm glad that at least one person understood the point I was trying to make (and trying and trying and trying) :)

Your English is better than mine and your post make sense to me.

However here we are questioning the credibility of a vendor or of charlatan often hovering around forums.

They do not offer any insight regarding trading but the usual notions and repeating at unison what they read in many other books without knowing the real meaning of what they are talking about. If they did they would not be vendors but traders which is very easy to spot in them because of their nonsense comments as yourself probable notices in those last posts.

Trading is about doing not knowing because knowing is a subject matter, trading is fascinating because is about the ability in doing it, not talking it, it does not matter how articulate you are about the subject of trading, what you know is worth less than nothing if you cannot trade.

Lets be honest trading is not for everyone, once they realize that is the case they became vendors or charlatans, they invested so much in trading and they want to get something out of it, maybe they do not know how to do something else.....

I do not think Bob is charlatan, he wrote a great book, personally I could not put it together. Did I learn something from it? Of course I did. I learned that what he thinks are the best probability trades are infanct very poor probability trades and if you did studied his work I will very happy in discussing with you why.

Last edited:
I'm glad that at least one person understood the point I was trying to make (and trying and trying and trying) :)

Why do you avoid all the relevant questions?:sneaky:

The only point that you have made is that charlatanism is a good thing, and that it should be encouraged, at least in terms of product vendors for trading related education.:devilish:

You have not offered a single piece of evidence as to whether or not this is a viable strategy. It has only been ad hominem responses at best. Why do my comments affect you?:(

I notice that you are also a product vendor. Is it that you do not like people scrutinizing subjective, ambiguous opinions that are put forth as truths?:eek:

So, again, where have you detailed and explained this plan of yours? If you haven't, then you are assuming the characteristics of the vendors you criticize. You're presenting an image of someone who's competent, experienced, and profitable, but who has no thoroughly-tested trading plan that is verifiable. The only difference is that rather than selling a product or service, you're selling yourself as someone who is to be trusted, even followed. The potential damage is the same: one way or another, the gullible will have to pay for their error.

So, again, where have you detailed and explained this plan of yours? If you haven't, then you are assuming the characteristics of the vendors you criticize. You're presenting an image of someone who's competent, experienced, and profitable, but who has no thoroughly-tested trading plan that is verifiable. The only difference is that rather than selling a product or service, you're selling yourself as someone who is to be trusted, even followed. The potential damage is the same: one way or another, the gullible will have to pay for their error.

By not sharing my plan, I am doing the exact opposite of the vendors (think about it). It is certainly best if aspiring traders take the time to develop their own plan. I do not go about advocating anything other than transparency from those that are selling a product and an ideal. Something that you seem to have a problem with. I certainly do not ask for anybody's trust, nor do I wish to be followed, to even say such a stupid thing is obviously ridiculous, and quite hypocritical. Why do you have nothing to say, with the exception of ad hominem arguments?- it is quite weak.

Why are you unable to answer any relevant questions?
Do you trade with this method?

In the chapter entitled "The Setups"- At the top of page 34 it states-

"See how this plan holds up under severe cross examination and find out if it is guilty of either vagaries or deceit"

It could be argued that there is no objective way of cross examining this strategy or its setups, and bob obviously knows this, yet he still writes the line. Upon asking if there is anyone at all, that is able to share their actual trades of this strategy, there has not been one single individual that has shown anything. The only exception being week old hindsight with very minimal and quite subjective explanations. It could be said that the entire book is guilty of being vague, and deceit. With the exception of a few lines that blame the reader if they are unable to make it work, quite convenient and ambiguous. Is the chapter on compounding not vague and deceitful?.

It would appear that it has indeed failed its cross examination.

I haven't been active on this thread for some time due to taking a break from trading for personal reasons. However, I still check in periodically and have a look at Bob's charts.

I really feel the need to say a few good words about Bob, and I know he takes a look at this thread from time to time.

Firstly, it's so blatantly obvious that he knows what he's talking about just from reading his books, and there is much to learn in there regardless of any 'method' one chooses to adopt or develop. It's gold really, in terms of the psychological/emotional aspect of this endeavour.

He is also an extremely generous man in terms of the work he commits to each week, then shares without any compensation. But more than that, if one reaches out to him in a genuine way, it is my experience that he always makes the time to answer any questions with a high level of detail and thought. In fact, I've been blown away by his generosity and willingness to help others...others he doesn't know from a bar of soap either - just people looking for assistance.

Anyway, I just wanted to publicly thank Bob for the dedication he displays to his craft, and to helping others follow in his footsteps.