Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

You requested my statistics. Why 2 months? How are my statistics beneficial to you? Do we trade the same instruments? Do we trade at the same times? Do we use the same size stop losses or profit targets? Do we hold for the same periods of time? Do we use the same chart setups? Are there other factors that we respectively consider in addition to price action setups? What else do we each combine with price action for our analysis?

I am not here to prove that this strategy is profitable. I make no claim that I can do anything. I also require more knowledge for my trading. I am not here to prove to you that somebody, somewhere in the world is profitable, or not, with another strategy. How would that help you?. The relevant question to ask - is THIS strategy profitable? , and there has not been one single person (from the entire world) that can show that it is. There has however been many hindsight, and curve fitted attempts to show the trades, and hence support the books.[/QUOTE]

Harsh? I presume that seeing this is a Volman thread a 70 tick EURUSD chart would be the pair traded, full stop.
if you do not follow this the as stated your stats are useless but then you could just state you do not trade using the Volman style
:rolleyes:
Pho

I just thought it might be interestin to see how you are doing, since I thought you are using his methods.
Anyway, I read on futures.io that some people were profitable usinghis 70 ticks strategy. Another guy that uses his strategy is wallstreet2easystreet.com .

I saw some people who were using a PA strategy derived from his successful on other forums and they did topsteptrader.com combine with really good results.

Benjie, you beat me to it
Alan does indeed trade Volman style and still counts it as the most reliable, his current time allowance does mean he has been researching larger timeframes.
As for the Volman please check Alans video's you will notice he has added 1 important extra for the "Alan trading" Orderflow, please add the time and sales, it takes a while to be comfortable but it is the reason for the higher success rate , happy pips
Pho

You requested my statistics. Why 2 months? How are my statistics beneficial to you? Do we trade the same instruments? Do we trade at the same times? Do we use the same size stop losses or profit targets? Do we hold for the same periods of time? Do we use the same chart setups? Are there other factors that we respectively consider in addition to price action setups? What else do we each combine with price action for our analysis?

I am not here to prove that this strategy is profitable. I make no claim that I can do anything. I also require more knowledge for my trading. I am not here to prove to you that somebody, somewhere in the world is profitable, or not, with another strategy. How would that help you?. The relevant question to ask - is THIS strategy profitable? , and there has not been one single person (from the entire world) that can show that it is. There has however been many hindsight, and curve fitted attempts to show the trades, and hence support the books.

Harsh? I presume that seeing this is a Volman thread a 70 tick EURUSD chart would be the pair traded, full stop.
if you do not follow this the as stated your stats are useless but then you could just state you do not trade using the Volman style
:rolleyes:
Pho[/QUOTE]

Why is it harsh?
Why is it harsh to ask if this can be seen as a profitable method?
Is it harsh to ask to see the method be shown?
Is it harsh to ask about a few things that are odd?
Is it harsh to attempt to further my understanding by asking questions?

Benjie, you beat me to it
Alan does indeed trade Volman style and still counts it as the most reliable, his current time allowance does mean he has been researching larger timeframes.
As for the Volman please check Alans video's you will notice he has added 1 important extra for the "Alan trading" Orderflow, please add the time and sales, it takes a while to be comfortable but it is the reason for the higher success rate , happy pips
Pho

What is your reasoning for defending bobs method? Are you able to show your trades?.
What is your reason for advertising on behalf of this alan?
Are you able to show your trades, with explanations, whilst utilising this order flow time and sales thing?

What is your reasoning for defending bobs method? Are you able to show your trades?.
What is your reason for advertising on behalf of this alan?
Are you able to show your trades, with explanations, whilst utilising this order flow time and sales thing?

There you go, it seems to be an attitude thing , thankyou for showing interest thedawgee, but you have again mis interpreted and your tone is very abrupt.
I do not advertise, I have been friends I believe with Allan and he had been mentioned, so I was attempting to help others.
Who says I use Volman with t&s ?
Allan has shown many examples and has posted his stats, and bob so kindly posts his charts .
Further explanation of the method would need a video as its dynamic, if you had been interested you would realise from the wallstreet2easystreet. Videos.
As for success thats always individual there are no systems that operate with the same results for every trader,
Pho
Have a great pip possitive day and lighten up 😊

RB retest

Market was trading inside a larger range and left without me but Nice PA for an example EURUSD 70tick 4 digit chart on MT4

Attachments

• XI0ZhpX.png
    XI0ZhpX.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 192
And here we go

So I posted a volman entry in isolation and here is the discussion which way would it break and why the pressure. Does it matter there were other influences , thats the discussion, would another influence assist or detract, I hope this is the higher level some posters look for
this was on my live platform MT4 the blue line is the price of LONDON OPEN
enjoy Pho

Attachments

• XXMpNPv.png
    XXMpNPv.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 204
So I posted a volman entry in isolation and here is the discussion which way would it break and why the pressure. Does it matter there were other influences , thats the discussion, would another influence assist or detract, I hope this is the higher level some posters look for
this was on my live platform MT4 the blue line is the price of LONDON OPEN
enjoy Pho

Very good job at trading the left side of the chart. This is certainly the higher level that some posters look for.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.

Do you trade?

Trading Every day always have a volman open but have a few others for the wider view , DWM lines, tpo and market profile for sentiment and liquidity gaps, and custom tick flow for the entries,
Volman can be good but without some reference to the wider picture can easily fall foul, a Higher timeframe S/R will easily stop the scalp in its tracks and may have been the reason for the pressure.
some tips:
Trade to the 00's not at them and for me avoid H1 and H4 candle closes as the excitement will not allow <5 pip sl, Always watch session open prices inc equities.
Happy pipping
Pho

Trading Every day always have a volman open but have a few others for the wider view , DWM lines, tpo and market profile for sentiment and liquidity gaps, and custom tick flow for the entries,
Volman can be good but without some reference to the wider picture can easily fall foul, a Higher timeframe S/R will easily stop the scalp in its tracks and may have been the reason for the pressure.
some tips:
Trade to the 00's not at them and for me avoid H1 and H4 candle closes as the excitement will not allow <5 pip sl, Always watch session open prices inc equities.
Happy pipping
Pho

Are you able to elaborate as to the reasons why?, -and how do go about it?

Are you able to show some actual trades, where you use tpo and market profile?
Do you combine market profile with bobs method? How?

Can you please demonstrate this custom tick flow? How does it assist your entries?

"Trade to the 00's not at them" - pretty sure that bob does, if it suits him. Why do you not trade at them? (assuming that you mean away from them).

"and for me avoid H1 and H4 candle closes"- isn't the H1 and the H4 close essentially the same thing?.

"Always watch session open prices inc equities"- how does watching equities help?

Are you able to elaborate as to the reasons why?, -and how do go about it?

Are you able to show some actual trades, where you use tpo and market profile?
Do you combine market profile with bobs method? How?

Can you please demonstrate this custom tick flow? How does it assist your entries?

"Trade to the 00's not at them" - pretty sure that bob does, if it suits him. Why do you not trade at them? (assuming that you mean away from them).

"and for me avoid H1 and H4 candle closes"- isn't the H1 and the H4 close essentially the same thing?.

"Always watch session open prices inc equities"- how does watching equities help?
Thedawgee, TPO and MP are for sentiment but observing any Mp peaks ond Pocs for possible reversal.
If your looking to set less than 5 pip SL at a tipping point its not good for all those traders that arrive on H1 closes to trade , jumping on the charts and opening / closing depending on what they see, there are plenty who just check once an hour whilst working etc 5 pips easily gets run over.
00 can be similar but many htf traders set their SL within a few pips, let them fight over the 00 as it can often get volatile.
As for custom indicator you can search for a buyers vssellers tick counter there are plenty about.

Its the lack of 2nd level in Mt4 if you have it on another platform , ie ctrader Ninja
etc use it
have a good day
Pho
P.s equities means the Opening price of the US equities market , nice addition to liquidity

Last edited:
Thedawgee, TPO and MP are for sentiment but observing any Mp peaks ond Pocs for possible reversal.
If your looking to set less than 5 pip SL at a tipping point its not good for all those traders that arrive on H1 closes to trade , jumping on the charts and opening / closing depending on what they see, there are plenty who just check once an hour whilst working etc 5 pips easily gets run over.
00 can be similar but many htf traders set their SL within a few pips, let them fight over the 00 as it can often get volatile.
As for custom indicator you can search for a buyers vssellers tick counter there are plenty about.

Its the lack of 2nd level in Mt4 if you have it on another platform , ie ctrader Ninja
etc use it
have a good day
Pho
P.s equities means the Opening price of the US equities market , nice addition to liquidity

Are you able to show your actual trades utilising TPO's and market profile in conjunction with taking a bob setup?

"As for custom indicator you can search for a buyers vssellers tick counter there are plenty about."- Can you demonstrate how it is used along side a bob setup?

"P.s equities means the Opening price of the US equities market , nice addition to liquidity"- The question that I asked was - how does watching equities help?

Can you elaborate on your responses by using actual reasoning? or are you unable to?

The idea is not to hold peoples hands but to give positive pointers, please read my answers whilst not repeating I ama busy guy, I do not in this context trade tpo or mp, this thread is for Volman, you do however need to be aware of the bigger picture to avoid dissapointments an increase win rate. Go and learn tpo aligned with mp, and the sentiment of fair price whilst focusing on poc an vwap. As for buyers and sellers activity. Consider the pressures and results, when price breaks under pressure what activity are you hoping to see if ut does not apear close the trade, allen has a video.
READ ewuities opening is the price at the time the ewuities markets open in the USA. Sorty I mentioned it..
I am being reasonable but get if your fat bottom and go investigate lol
Pho

The idea is not to hold peoples hands but to give positive pointers, please read my answers whilst not repeating I ama busy guy, I do not in this context trade tpo or mp, this thread is for Volman, you do however need to be aware of the bigger picture to avoid dissapointments an increase win rate. Go and learn tpo aligned with mp, and the sentiment of fair price whilst focusing on poc an vwap. As for buyers and sellers activity. Consider the pressures and results, when price breaks under pressure what activity are you hoping to see if ut does not apear close the trade, allen has a video.
READ ewuities opening is the price at the time the ewuities markets open in the USA. Sorty I mentioned it..
I am being reasonable but get if your fat bottom and go investigate lol
Pho

Why are you unable to demonstrate this method?

Why are you unable to demonstrate this method?

Dear sir , you are missing the point I would be demonstrating how to trade Volman style, ? There is no shortage of that in ths forum or on youtube,
Thats what thus forum is about.
The rest is a mindset and overview to avoid obvious pitfalls and can be achieved in many ways on many timeframes I cannot show you how to trade no one can , I have just given pointers as to how you may improve quite simply the Volman way, watch the videos at wallst2easystreet on youtube.
Happy piping
Pho

Dear sir , you are missing the point I would be demonstrating how to trade Volman style, ? There is no shortage of that in ths forum or on youtube,
Thats what thus forum is about.
The rest is a mindset and overview to avoid obvious pitfalls and can be achieved in many ways on many timeframes I cannot show you how to trade no one can , I have just given pointers as to how you may improve quite simply the Volman way, watch the videos at wallst2easystreet on youtube.
Happy piping
Pho

"I cannot show you how to trade no one can "- I do not recall requesting that you show me how to trade, I believe the question that I asked was- "Why are you unable to demonstrate this method?" -Are you not able to show how you combine your style with bob's setups?

"I have just given pointers"- Quite general and superficial. Why are you unable to elaborate with any actual depth or information within your responses?

I do not think is easy of even possible to be consistently profitable trading the 70 tick charts on forex, it is very much like gambling, yes you can get it right a few times and get enthusiastic but it can be a psychological trap.

I read the book, it is a gem but to put it in to practice it is nightmare, is not applicable, at least it was not for me.
Maybe Bob is not a trader but a good writer.

In technical terms Volman fails to understand that most breakouts fail even when there is a great build up, in range is best to fade the new extreme and for reversals is best to wait for a major trendline break and then a test of the recent extreme.

Maybe his best set ups are the one with the trend and in particular the "second entry", but I would only enter below/above a trend bar.

Taking profit at 10 pips is also a poor MM decision, best in my view is to take partial profit and trail the rest, here when you get lucky you make your money.

Instead of the 70tick chart I would not use a timeframe smaller than 60m minutes in forex and trade many pairs.

I do not think is easy of even possible to be consistently profitable trading the 70 tick charts on forex, it is very much like gambling, yes you can get it right a few times and get enthusiastic but it can be a psychological trap.

I read the book, it is a gem but to put it in to practice it is nightmare, is not applicable, at least it was not for me.
Maybe Bob is not a trader but a good writer.

In technical terms Volman fails to understand that most breakouts fail even when there is a great build up, in range is best to fade the new extreme and for reversals is best to wait for a major trendline break and then a test of the recent extreme.

Maybe his best set ups are the one with the trend and in particular the "second entry", but I would only enter below/above a trend bar.

Taking profit at 10 pips is also a poor MM decision, best in my view is to take partial profit and trail the rest, here when you get lucky you make your money.

Instead of the 70tick chart I would not use a timeframe smaller than 60m minutes in forex and trade many pairs.

Well reasoned and logical(y)

It is certainly a psychological trap, maybe bob is not a trader but just a good writer.