Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

I think the reason so many have difficulty with Volman's technique is because, as he states in his book many times, you can't just carry around the setups as pets. I've learned the hard way that is so true. Reading pressure seems to be key.

For those able to trade this way, or versed in it, could you please have a look at this chart? Times are EST.
Pressure was heavy to the downside so I skipped the IRB and ARB longs around the 8:15 and 8:30 mark.
After this range was broken out of and tested, does it now act as demand, because obviously there was some demand in there and therefor pressure is now UP?

I'm just curious if the right edge RB short would be into unfavourable conditions and thus a pass? Or because overall pressure was down on a larger frame do you just go with that?

Thanks.

For anyone interested, I found the answer to my own question on page 195, the last paragraph, of the first book.

Since we're basically always "inside the market", with the exception of rare trend days, we must trade into these situations BUT Bob outlines how and when. This particular trade I noted was unfavourable and not ready to be traded into YET. However, after some time it met the requirement to be traded into and did in fact work.

I haven't been active on this thread for some time due to taking a break from trading for personal reasons. However, I still check in periodically and have a look at Bob's charts.

I really feel the need to say a few good words about Bob, and I know he takes a look at this thread from time to time.

Firstly, it's so blatantly obvious that he knows what he's talking about just from reading his books, and there is much to learn in there regardless of any 'method' one chooses to adopt or develop. It's gold really, in terms of the psychological/emotional aspect of this endeavour.

He is also an extremely generous man in terms of the work he commits to each week, then shares without any compensation. But more than that, if one reaches out to him in a genuine way, it is my experience that he always makes the time to answer any questions with a high level of detail and thought. In fact, I've been blown away by his generosity and willingness to help others...others he doesn't know from a bar of soap either - just people looking for assistance.

Anyway, I just wanted to publicly thank Bob for the dedication he displays to his craft, and to helping others follow in his footsteps.

Hi Matty_dunn,

Thank you for your post. I completely agree with your thoughts and I respect a lot what Bob shares with us. I am so glad I came across both his books and this thread. I hope success to everyone using this method.

(y)(y)
Very interesting discussion here at the moment..
I've been involved with trading almost ten years now, and as many of us, walked a dirty road of learning this outstanding way to create income! I have paid my lessons..;)

I dont give a ****, does Al or Bob really trade or not, only thing that matters to me is those guys helped me to strip my charts and only trade what i see!
Both of these guys have repeatedly said:"do NOT follow me as a guru, find your own way to trade". And that is very important! PA is not something, you can put together few basic rules and make money with it. PA repeating itself in million different way, there cant be strick rules when youre trying to trade it... My opinion is, that both of these guys are just trying to give us a guide, how to approach the market, not how to trade it...(y)

Sorry my English, and green pips for ya!!:clover:

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.
Do you use proreal time as a chart only or do you have a broker account associated with them? I think if you have a broker account with them, then the market data comes from your broker and your don't have the choice to change it to full pips...
I use Proreal time only for the chart (mt4 for entering my trades) and it was originally to full pips.
Sorry if I can't be more helpfull here.

Hello, i have a quick question, i would Need some help with trading software- how did you make your mt4 Chart Show ticks and how did you make it Show only 4 Digits?
would be great if you can tell me
thanks

never heard of that bob volman, who is that guy?

i googled his name but cant find his site or much things on him

thx for ut hrlp

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.
Do you use proreal time as a chart only or do you have a broker account associated with them? I think if you have a broker account with them, then the market data comes from your broker and your don't have the choice to change it to full pips...
I use Proreal time only for the chart (mt4 for entering my trades) and it was originally to full pips.
Sorry if I can't be more helpfull here.

Ovo tick charts has the option for MT4 he coded it at my suggestion and is very very helpfull, give them a go if needed the demo is free to try just google them :)
hope it helps
Photize

Hello, i have a quick question, i would Need some help with trading software- how did you make your mt4 Chart Show ticks and how did you make it Show only 4 Digits?
would be great if you can tell me
thanks

Ovo.cz has the option in his great MT4 indicator :)
Pho

Hy,

I am totaly new here.
I am realy shocked and confused, how can someone post charts from Volman every week.
This is unbelivable!!!

All glory and honor to guy doing this for us.

Really, really thank You!!! for doing this every week

BTW, do you also trade this setups?

There is some loyal supporters of this product vendor. :(
Beyond a few lucky trades, why is there not one single individual that is able to consistently show this method as profitable?:eek:

There is some loyal supporters of this product vendor. :(
Beyond a few lucky trades, why is there not one single individual that is able to consistently show this method as profitable?:eek:

hy, do you trade bob volman method from 1st and 2nd book?
Did you joined them together?

...:whistling

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 853
can somone please tell me What is RB, ARB and IRB stands for

If you haven't read the book there's no point in explaining. If you really want to learn then get it from the source.
It's hard enough to trade this way. I can't imagine trying to do it from this thread or Bobs charts alone. Crazy.

Hi All,
I am reading the book, but my english not good. can someone please explain the following in simple english.

Pattern break ..76
Pattern break pullback..97
Pattern break combi ..108
Pullback reversal .125

Thank you in advance
Bill