Bluesystems charting - too cheap?!?

SHarrison

Anyone heard of Bluesystems charting software?

Just recieved trial version and all seems good but for £600 per year plus exchange costs it seems a bit cheap?!?

any comments/experiences?

Can you give us an outline of the charting capabilities of this package please.

SOCRATES said:
Can you give us an outline of the charting capabilities of this package please.
At the moment its only got about 35 different studies that you can use including studies like stochastics, macd, bollinger bands, fib leves etc but in a meeting with them, they expect around 150 tools by christmas and their technical guys can create any studies within a short time. the market profile is due by august and it is also very user friendly. they also believe it will have 90% of cqg's features by the end of the year.

GammaJammer said:
Personally I recomend Prorealtime. I think you'll get a bit more bang for your buck.

GJ

i thought £50 per month plus exchange fees was quite reasonable? im paying much more than that for cqg at the moment and am not really using enough of its features to warrant it.

what are the costs of prorealtime and how does it compare to cqg?

Many traders been waiting for this for many months and they are very close to completion. 1st July is when they will be launching market profile and spread charts. Time will tell on quality and reliabilty.

To what do you refer ?

Calypso said:
Many traders been waiting for this for many months and they are very close to completion. 1st July is when they will be launching market profile and spread charts. Time will tell on quality and reliabilty.

Pro Real Time?

GammaJammer said:
Well basic package (forex + world indices) is EUR49.50 per month. For that you get the ability to design custom indicators, full backtesting of your own system, and an Excel DDE link (that I haven't managed to get to work to be honest, but then I didn't try all that hard). I think you may now even get Nasdaq stocks included in that. Then obviously you bolt on any other exchange fees as required. Oh, and ALL end of day data is free, regardless of instrument as far as I could see.

seems a good price but it appears that it does not cover liffe, which is what i trade on.

when i had a meeting with blue systems, the part that interested me was that they were saying that premium systems like cqg charge you for the exchange data and will charge up to £50 for some exchanges, when the actual exchanges charge much less. with blue systems, you buy the software for £600 per year and then subscribe for the data that you require with the actual exchange, thus cutting out any middle man (eg the people at cqg!) the same applies for news feeds.

im not sure if anyonelse has found this system to have pretty good potential but it seems that with the features that they have and guarantee they will have, it seems a really good package.

What about the accuracy of data & reliability?

These are the main issues to be concerned with in my opinion.

JohnDoe said:
What about the accuracy of data & reliability?

These are the main issues to be concerned with in my opinion.

the data is all in real time and ive had no problems with reliability. it is internet based so i suppose that it will depend on your connection but i would have thought that any remotely good connection will be fine.

Blue Systems has new software

Blue Systems have updated all their software and now have a great new mobile application. Its low cost software, with professional grade analytics, with coverage of up to 90 global exchanges from Jan 08.

See www.bluesystems.info