Bitcoin - online fad or the future?

I think Bitcoin is very promising from a free market perspective, although it has been extremely volatile as of late...I have messed with a few games which are fun etc. one caught my eye recently called bitcoin prophet that I haven't tried but it seems like it has potential from a Trading perspective...possibly a martingale strategy.

I think Bitcoin is very promising from a free market perspective, although it has been extremely volatile as of late...I have messed with a few games which are fun etc. one caught my eye recently called bitcoin prophet that I haven't tried but it seems like it has potential from a Trading perspective...possibly a martingale strategy.

From a free market perspective, pretty much anything can work between two parties as long as they can agree on a unit of exchange.

BBC News - 'Bristol Pound' currency to boost independent traders

All comes back to which commodity has the best features of a money.

More universally acceptable the better. However, in the point above it's purely local. Makes one think :rolleyes:

I would like to see a town/city take it one step further and have their own coins but made of precious metals not the crap they use now. This would scotch inflation. A sack of spuds on this system is likely to be much the same price in 50 years time.

What about other coins like Litecoin = $ 2.88 ?

I don't know. 1000 people dying per day in Somali because of the famine, in this morning's news.

My new policy of trying NOT to watch/listen to the news is the right one imho. It is so depressing to see all the killing etc. around the globe. 95% of the news is about disasters and death. I really have had enough of that cr*p after the last 40 years !! I remember a time when the news was interesting and I became a news junkie. The world may not have improved , it's just that the BBC, CNN, etc. publicise the violence a lot. What with Hollywood's contribution too !!! yuk yuk YUK

We even get the terrorists posing and boasting for the cameras

My new policy of trying NOT to watch/listen to the news is the right one imho. It is so depressing to see all the killing etc. around the globe. 95% of the news is about disasters and death. I really have had enough of that cr*p after the last 40 years !! I remember a time when the news was interesting and I became a news junkie. The world may not have improved , it's just that the BBC, CNN, etc. publicise the violence a lot. What with Hollywood's contribution too !!! yuk yuk YUK

its depressing, and is only fed seemingly by our desire to want more. Journalists can make up any old shot they like just to sell a newspaper, but we still buy more of them.

People are inclined to turn off what does not interest them, or what may make them feel uncomfortable, The important point is to make sure that it does not happen to them.

The media is sensationalist, no doubt, but it feeds on the public's desire for it, That is why yesterday's news is old news.

That joker is a regulator is he. He seemed more interested in appearing on telly. Should regulators not be dull people who nobody has ever seen or heard of?
The mind boggles:rolleyes:

OMG - His name is Bart!

"Go right ahead and have a party man..."

If I was a billionaire I would start a good news newspaper/online.
Things like what the children achieved on their projects. Life at Uni, mass music concerts, how to start your own business etc. etc.

(y)(y)

If I was a billionaire I would start a good news newspaper/online.
Things like what the children achieved on their projects. Life at Uni, mass music concerts, how to start your own business etc. etc.

(y)(y)

Pat! There is a kindly person lurking under that anti-Europeasn skin!

My faith in human nature has, once again, been justified.:D