Bijou journalette of semi-discretionary forex trades

Pat Riley

Established member
794 178
It's just gone 3am and I've been lookin at this system of yours Alexa. Among the sheer madness that seems to exist elsewhere on this site I find some solace in the fact that at least one person has a grasp on reality, and the truth. I reckon this could, without too much tweakin, work out into a useful bit of kit. Well done.

But I am rather jaded I have ta say with all the nonsense elsewhere. I don't know what I expected when I came to this site other than to see what's goin and and if I'm honest, trawl for talent, that's part of me job. The retail side is a weird old place for sure and if this site's active contributors as a microcosm of the whole is a fair reflection of the whole then I can understand the performance data I've been given on retail trader longevity. I place you and JoC and a few others inta the 2%. The 98% are self-evident. I don't mind people kiddin themselves, that's life, but tryin to fool others even when they sometimes accidentally let slip that they clearly know they don't know what they're talkin about, and then cut up rough when you ask them for clarification, or just bloody ignore you cos they know they're sussed, is delusion beyond all comprehension. It's all form and no content. As opposed to what you're doing here which is content rich and devoid of any of the frills and flam.

I guess I got what I came for so nothing wasted. Good luck.

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
A trade on Cable, this morning: opened at the end of the 8.45 candle, which was the third consecutive close above the line, an emergence from the kumo, and had taken out a minor resistance level from earlier on.

I ought to have closed at the end of the 10.05 candle, just on the candle patterns, but foolishly held on until the close of the 10.10 candle, losing some profit.

Opened 1.5569; closed 1.5645; +76 pips.

Attachments

• trade3.JPG
    trade3.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 162

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
I should have said: the initial stop-loss was at 1.5530 (initially 39 pips, pretty wide by my standards for this method), under the kumo and the recent support, but at 9.15 I moved it up to where my blue ("former resistance") line is shown on the chart, under the recently formed "swing low" of the bottoms of the 8.55 and 9.00 candles. (There wasn't another swing low after that and before I closed the trade, so it stayed there.)

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
... and it looks like the layers of kumo (and a bit of resistance) kept me out of what would probably have been some pretty difficult/choppy trades, for the rest of the day, really.

Attachments

• trade3.JPG
    trade3.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 177

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
Tuesday 26th: no trades this morning (could perhaps have taken 25 pips or so, if I traded at 7.00/7.05am, but I don't) and I'll be out for some of the afternoon, so possibly nothing today. I'll just update, from now on, when there is something.

Attachments

• trade2.JPG
    trade2.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 137

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
Hi Bredon - the charts shown here are from Oanda. (Actually I don't usually trade there, to be honest, but I'm technophobic and incompetent, and it's really difficult for me to reproduce my charts here, so I'm using the Oanda ones as "display charts", just for this thread, to try to make it easier for people to see. :eek: ;) )

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
It's been a quiet week for this method.

I wouldn't "anxiously look" for trades on a quiet Friday afternoon (I never know when to close them), but it's not easy to envisage Euro trades, anyway, from the current chart, with resistance above and so much kumo below.

Attachments

• trade3.JPG
    trade3.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 156
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock