'Big Game' Fishing

wheezergeezer

368 8
One summer 7 or 8 years ago I went to the Dominican Republic, decided to go deep sea fishing, I add I'm not a fisherman,but thought it would be an interesting day out..........wrong we chugged up and down what ever sea it was for 5 hours not a damn thing , the other boats also filled with dollar rich tourists
had the same experience, it was only when we returned to port and was departing an experienced crew member recommended we come anytime between January and March when you can catch good big fish !! , finally you mention Cuba, I was there in April this year, didn't go fishing but spoke to lots of people who did and they were really pleased, I would recommend a day or two in Havana, fasinating place,stunning arcitetcure( can't spell) great experience, go now if possible because when fidel goes it will all change and it will just be another tourist destination.........good luck

jonnyy40

Experienced member
1,329 11
Friend with 10lb Roosterfish from Cabo

Attachments

• roosterfish.jpg
    roosterfish.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 413

Car Key Boi

396 8
Car Key Boi = not unlike a fast fish 100M free in <54 seconds! DNT!

that...my friends is absolutely setting the water on fire!

and once again

cold steel Swisstech-Utili-Key

THERE AIN'T NO FISH THAT CAN OUT SWIM THE CKB

- Car Key Boi,
100% Boi/ Knows How To Catch The Big Fish/ Knows How To Catch The Hot Chicks/ Knows What It's Like To Be Top Down Chrome Spinnin'/ DIGTBK!
digtbk.gif

JB1

3 0
Hi Jonnyy...excellent stuff...Friend of mine went with Graeme Pullen to cabo back around november 2002. Then a group of us went to cabo last march ,had one stripped marlin 140lb, and other dorrado and tuna up to 70lb between us all. would have been better if i didn't come off the quad bike over the sand dunes(done my back in lol) couldn't believe how big them sand dunes are!
Now looking to go to Cuba in June- july time something i have to try and find info on, seemed to have found some info here on this thread :)... great stuff

jonnyy40

Experienced member
1,329 11
I've got a brochure somewhere about 'Islas Da Reinas'? On the South-East of the island.It's a live-aboard set-up and Grand-Slams are a regular occurence!?Bones,Permit and Tarpon + others.I'll see if I can find it.(This isn't the Cuba link) but is a good all-rounder www.fishinginternational.com

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock