Best forex charts out there today

Do you agree with my target of .95? What is you target?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
eurjpy daily - lower daily close, holding a key level but gbpusd is a far better chart.

2012-10-24_2136 - MikeHamilton's library

Mike

I'm not convinced as I don't like to try and pick bottoms. GBPUSD is in a short term downtrend and below the 50 day MA. It's relative performance versus the EURJPY has underperformed for the last 4 months. Long term it's outperformed since 2009 as you can see on the weekly RS chart attached, but it's got some work to do to recover in the short term as you can see on the relative performance chart at the bottom of the daily chart. Is not one I'd consider trading until it gets back above the 50 day MA and the down trend line. So that's above 1.615 at the moment.

Attachments

• GBPUSD_EURJPY_24-10-12.png
    GBPUSD_EURJPY_24-10-12.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 142
  • GBPUSD_D_24-10-12.png
    GBPUSD_D_24-10-12.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 150
I've been a gbp bull since early summer and did a few interviews for Dukascopy saying so.

The gbpusd lows this week touched the top of the fib zone and closed above Tuesday open yesterday so any pull back today in run up to the data was a gift to me. GBPUSD has been throwing up buy signal since Tuesday morning (which I took).

GBPJPY was a good chart consolidating under a trend line getting ready to bust.

Main thing is we both achieved profits, so on to the next chart. (GBPAUD).

Mike

Attachments

• gbpusd 25-10-2012 12-17-12.jpg
    gbpusd 25-10-2012 12-17-12.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 163
US GDP at 1.30pm today so...

gbpjpy - 60 min

This is a pull back to a very powerfull break out in the daily
but this level is crucial, if we can't close above it we could drop.
This market may need to rest / drift lower.
Besides, dow futures sold after the cash close last night and has opened weak with eurusd not holding so the appetite for risk is off at this point.

If we close above 12885, I will buy pull back and hold into next week.

I'm watching eurusd for signs market might reverse.

Mike

Attachments

• gbpjpy - 26-10-2012 09-02-54.jpg
    gbpjpy - 26-10-2012 09-02-54.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 170
US GDP at 1.30pm today so...

gbpjpy - 60 min

This is a pull back to a very powerfull break out in the daily
but this level is crucial, if we can't close above it we could drop.
This market may need to rest / drift lower.
Besides, dow futures sold after the cash close last night and has opened weak with eurusd not holding so the appetite for risk is off at this point.

If we close above 12885, I will buy pull back and hold into next week.

I'm watching eurusd for signs market might reverse.

Mike

This rolled over, stopped me out for -25 (had a good day trading dow though).
We closed right at the daily trend line.

Mike

I'm long oil and gbpusd from today's low, plenty of time to get in gbpusd here with US shut down (volumes lower).

gbpusd - 2012-10-29_1433 - MikeHamilton's library

Mike

I had +30 in 0il at one stage so moved my stop to BE -5 and got stopped. I was stopped on the gbpusd; markets looked good until last hour of the UK session and profit taking took over in a thin market.

Watching cad pairs this week so will get on with some work and see if i can see any entry signals.

Mike

Ftse had a great day again and looks like it can head back to 6000.
US opens for business tomorrow so will be looking at some oil stocks as we head into mid winter and the next cycle gets under way.
GBP and Euro look like they have further to run up so will hold my positions as we head towards friday's US jobs numbers.

The US fiscal cliff gets ever closer and I will be looking to get positioned for any possible sell off ahead of that. Tax rises are a sure way of denting a market and Bushes tax cuts collide with this fiscal cliff negotiation period.

I'm long gbpusd, pull back area tomorrow is 16060.

Mike

gbpaud daily,

I've been talking about this to my group for 12 months and we are at another major pivot point here.

I bought the lows on Friday and this hammer above the 50% fibs gave me the confidence to hold over the weekend into this coming week.

Aud have a rate decision on Tuesday so if you want the safer play wait till we close above 15570 and buy a pull back.

Mike

Attachments

• gbpaud - 04-11-2012 14-43-35.jpg
    gbpaud - 04-11-2012 14-43-35.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 126
gbpaud daily,

I've been talking about this to my group for 12 months and we are at another major pivot point here.

I bought the lows on Friday and this hammer above the 50% fibs gave me the confidence to hold over the weekend into this coming week.

Aud have a rate decision on Tuesday so if you want the safer play wait till we close above 15570 and buy a pull back.

Mike

rates unchanged so stopped out for break even after buying Friday lows as aud ran up.

Mike

gbpjpy 60 min chart
I bought at 128.02 based on the huge support in daily
and 4 hr hammer
will see if it's worth holding over
If we can break the over head daily trendline then we may see 130+ this week

mike

Attachments

• gbpjpy 06-11-2012 09-49-40.jpg
    gbpjpy 06-11-2012 09-49-40.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 147
gbpjpy 60 min chart
I bought at 128.02 based on the huge support in daily
and 4 hr hammer
will see if it's worth holding over
If we can break the over head daily trendline then we may see 130+ this week

mike

Moved stop to break even +30 so got stopped with the ship of the election.

Back in this morning at 12860, US$ bought so far but yen weak this session, I still think we may see 130 this week if Greeks vote yes. But after that we may see the election glow fade as the US starts to think about the US$17 trillion they tuck away and try and forget / not talk about too much.

Happy trading.

What are you Guys trading?

Mike