Best charts package for the DOW

gray821

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to spread betting and need some advice on charts. I am trading the DOW only and my main use of charts is comparing two EMA's.

What charting package do you advice that I use?

Thanks, that looks pretty good. However, I have an issue with credit cards and am only willing to pay using a debit card. This stops me from using sierra. Any other suggestions?

Also, I am going to open an account with deal4free, does anyone have any experience with them? There trading platform is called Marketmaker, and on the website it says:

"Live real-time tradable prices on thousands of global products including Equity Shares and Indices, Currencies, Treasuries, Precious Metals and Commodities."

Will this give me what I need? It also says I can download a 14 day trial, do I have to pay for it after this period?

Thanks.

USE "SEARCH"

gray821 said:
Thanks, that looks pretty good. However, I have an issue with credit cards and am only willing to pay using a debit card. This stops me from using sierra. Any other suggestions?

Also, I am going to open an account with deal4free, does anyone have any experience with them? There trading platform is called Marketmaker, and on the website it says:

"Live real-time tradable prices on thousands of global products including Equity Shares and Indices, Currencies, Treasuries, Precious Metals and Commodities."

Will this give me what I need? It also says I can download a 14 day trial, do I have to pay for it after this period?

Thanks.

Use the "search" facility here. Lots of threads on Deal4Free :D

The D4F software is free all the time if you have an account with them. They have a charting package which is quite basic and charts "their" prices i.e the prices you can trade at with D4F as they may be slightly different from actual market prices (do a search on "bias" to get the picture) However, the charts although basic could be used on their own as their prices will still mirror the market and behave in the same way as the underlying instrument. Hope that hasn't confused you.

Quotetracker will also give you live market quotes/charts for the US indeces and is excellent for the Dow, you can only get 2 days of data with the free package though but the charting facility is a lot more advanced than D4F's.

If you need any more info on these PM me.

HTH

How many days data can you display using sierra? I have found the 5 days in Quotetracker is not enough and I am on a trial with Qcharts that allow as many days as you want but it costs a lot more.

Oatman, yes that is true however you also need data, I believe from myTrack which does not.