Beginners should risk only 0.25 % per trade

PS: Forgot this.
Yes, I have no idea which signal will work. Most work. Sometimes the one with my best set-up criteria fails. Sometimes the one with the worst set-up criteria wins. So every trade gets a stop-loss. Every loser gets cut. Every winner gets run. Happy days.

That all sound very well. But I don't believe curve fitting works on anything but historical data, unless I see evidence to the contrary. The only evidence I can accept is money made from forward predictions. Since you are unwilling to offer this evidence, then there is no real basis for discussion.

It's simply no good to say the trend is up therefore buy. You have to have the profit to show for it.

That all sound very well. But I don't believe curve fitting works on anything but historical data, unless I see evidence to the contrary. The only evidence I can accept is money made from forward predictions. Since you are unwilling to offer this evidence, then there is no real basis for discussion.

It's simply no good to say the trend is up therefore buy. You have to have the profit to show for it.

True, buying an uptrend blindly is not a strategy.

But I still don't have to show anyone anything.

True, buying an uptrend blindly is not a strategy.

But I still don't have to show anyone anything.

You don't. My belief then becomes maybe there's nothing to show.

One thing curve fitters don't realise is that we all start that way. We all had a magic formula when we were naive. For the fortunate few, they are able escape the curve fitting cul-de-sac and find true light.

One thing curve fitters don't realise is that we all start that way. We all had a magic formula when we were naive. For the fortunate few, they are able escape the curve fitting cul-de-sac and find true light.

I simply and sincerely don't care what you believe.

I know your trades are a fraud , but I don't have to expose you!

You can if you want. You can expose me cheating by holding until winning. Whoever heard of such a crazy thing ?

You can see all the posts by people who don't trade , lack practical trading knowledge , hold on to losers , the knowledge of clowns who sit on losing trades and the text book stuff traders .

It is all in your posts , the psychology is in your methods posted .The dumbness of your trades is in your trades posted.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

A pro can just figure it out by seeing your trades.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

a true virus outbreak t2w mods would be all over it...quauarnteen the outbreak!

obviously a harmless infestation a bedbug? :)

piphoe
This message is hidden because piphoe is on your ignore list.
THE WORST FOOL I HAVE EVER CAME ACROSS-BRINGS ZERO TO THE TABLE
ON CONSTANT IGNORE

You can see all the posts by people who don't trade , lack practical trading knowledge , hold on to losers , the knowledge of clowns who sit on losing trades and the text book stuff traders .

It is all in your posts , the psychology is in your methods posted .The dumbness of your trades is in your trades posted.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

A pro can just figure it out by seeing your trades.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

We can see all the posts of someone who loses every week, just by following you! :LOL:

We can see all the posts of someone who loses every week, just by following you! :LOL:

foroom lluzers posts trades in advance and makes profits ,the others are giving excuses about posting advance trades .Foroom lluzers is a winner , because he profits.

foroom lluzers posts trades in advance and makes profits ,the others are giving excuses about posting advance trades .Foroom lluzers is a winner , because he profits.

Dude, your talking about yourself in the third person. :eek:

Here are some other people who do that.
Donald Trump, Sesame Street's Elmo, the Cookie Monster, Gollum.

"So, illeism (thats what its called) is not necessarily a bad thing and can actually provide psychological benefits, when used discreetly and in moderation. Or it could just mean that you are a toddler."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...-in-the-third-person-study-says/#19a1cbb557b9

Are you the Cookie monster or a toddler?

whilst simultaneously trying to hide his losses and makes excuses for his losses when they are called out, making him no better than all the other charlatans out there

Would you agree. , that the 2 Percent is quite high , considering experienced traders make mistakes?95 percent lose in this game ,2. Percent is part of the problem.

Just about missed this with the 10 pages of nothing after it. Yes, 2% sounds absurdly high to me for a beginner or testing a new strategy (same thing in my mind). But my account size is likely larger than most beginning traders since I don't trade CFDs, and I daytrade so my account is subject to FINRA PDT regulations (25k minimum in account).

If I were trading a 1k account, my answer would be different since 2% of 1k makes little difference to my overall bottom line and I would be comfortable following that risk amount testing something new. Everything is relative, that was one point I was trying to make.

Just about missed this with the 10 pages of nothing after it. Yes, 2% sounds absurdly high to me for a beginner or testing a new strategy (same thing in my mind). But my account size is likely larger than most beginning traders since I don't trade CFDs, and I daytrade so my account is subject to FINRA PDT regulations (25k minimum in account).

If I were trading a 1k account, my answer would be different since 2% of 1k makes little difference to my overall bottom line and I would be comfortable following that risk amount testing something new. Everything is relative, that was one point I was trying to make.

My original thread was intended for novices , firstly no human mind is going to go through a period of 30 to 40 losses , 6 months of losses , and retain the discipline and mental well being to execute the rest of the trades .They will arouse all the psychological demons , if their trades are executed manually , even if their method is fully automated.Novices will most certainly deviate from their profitable methods , due to psyche , and as a result make more mistakes.

If novices have 0.25 % risk , to start with with , the losses will be 55 % not the 80 % I stated , but that is all too high to avoid an eventual blow out for manual novices.The psyche will most certainly get them into 100 % .

The trading industry and it's gurus who never traded successfully , are preaching 2 % risk to novices in their books and educational material , they are like blind leading the blind.