Beginners should risk only 0.25 % per trade

I do not know how to use Photoshop , I thought I could learn that here .It was the psychology which prevents everybody , I could not find the psychology threads here , So I wrote them.Now I am ready.

Ok, I expect to see size increases.

This is going to be fun. You will have bigger losses to hide.

I don't mind teaching you , but I could easily use that time to compound my 100 ticks a week , and become a billionaire.My system risk is ideal for compounding and the psychology , which prevents trading billionaires , is taken care of.
Im not sure theres much you could teach anyone tbh mate. Apart from how to lie and set up an 88888 account.

Besides, im just really lucky :D

I don't usually trade live, my entries are on prior orders. Currently I am long -
AUD/NZD
EUR/GBP
EUR/USD
GBP/USD
short -
USD/CHF

That's not much of a call out is it ? The purpose of a call out is to demonstrate your performance and ability to deal with markets. If you don't call out where you enter and where you exit, then none of those things can be measured.

My suggestion is to man up and call.

Take foroom, he calls and not afraid to lose nor afraid to declare a lose as a win. At least that way, we know where he's coming from.

Last edited:
That's not much of a call out is it ? The purpose of a call out is to demonstrate your performance and ability to deal with markets. If you don't call out where you enter and where you exit, then none of those things can be measured.

My suggestion is to man up and call.

Take foroom, he calls and not afraid to lose nor afraid to declare a lose as a win. At least that way, we know where he's coming from.

I don't need to do a call-out. I don't need to demonstrate anything. I don't need to have anything measured. Anyone who feels unfulfilled unless measured alongside others has my sympathy.

I don't need to do a call-out. I don't need to demonstrate anything. I don't need to have anything measured. Anyone who feels unfulfilled unless measured alongside others has my sympathy.

Yes, understandable. It's a common trait of curve fitters. They just have no way to tell which one of the signals is going to work.

Even if you don't want to be revealing, you still revealed. My purpose is to know where people are coming from. That's all.

I am not the call out police. I won't arrest people for not calling out. But for trading fun, call out are greatly exciting. This is why you are attracted to these threads, where lulz is abound, and occasionally money can be observed to be made. In the case of foroom, money could be observed to be lost.

No.Then your team hid them from you.Shame because , if you had known psychology , you would be a billionaire by now.It was a dumb thing to do by the team.
You know when say stuff like that, I can see how you could boast a profitable week even though its obvious you got killed. :LOL:

giphy.gif

We should all know the 2% rule. Devised by Dr Alex Elder. Says capital risked per trade should be not more than 2% of your total account.The 2 % is fine for experienced and skilled traders ,but IMHO average traders should not risk more than 0.5 % per trade.

Many new traders will have a untested system/method and will be moving from method to method , until they find their comfort zone.During this learning curve , they will make a lot of mistakes , these mistakes will be additional losses , in addition to the system losses .If a method has a draw down period of 15 losses, the beginner will probably have 30 to 40 losses.

If a novice risks 2% per trade ,40 losses will amount to 80% of account.If the novice risks 0.25 % per trade , 40 losses will amount to 10 % of the equity loss .So this is sound figure to risk.

To learn about traders and mistakes , ....

Your complete lack of trading knowledge and your naive attitude to psychology is only eclipsed by your lack of understanding of basic mathematics.

Losing 2% of your capital 40 times in a row (a pretty realistic scenario the way you trade) will result in losing 55% of your starting capital not 80%. A £10,000 account will fall to £4,457.00 after 40 2% losses.

Why do you continually post about subjects you demonstrably know nothing about? It makes you look foolish.

I have a suggestion, educate YOURSELF before trying to educate others or ...

Attachments

• Math.png
    Math.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 130
Your complete lack of trading knowledge and your naive attitude to psychology is only eclipsed by your lack of understanding of basic mathematics.

Losing 2% of your capital 40 times in a row (a pretty realistic scenario the way you trade) will result in losing 55% of your starting capital not 80%. A £10,000 account will fall to £4,457.00 after 40 2% losses.

If you included psychology , it is most likely he will blow up , with revenge trades etc.You obviously don't have understanding of trading psychology , or a lack of it's application in real trading.

It does not matter , if 55% or 80 % , in all cases if he reaches 55% he will most certainly reach 100% .

Attachments

• obvious.gif
    obvious.gif
    681.4 KB · Views: 133
Yes, understandable. It's a common trait of curve fitters. They just have no way to tell which one of the signals is going to work.

Even if you don't want to be revealing, you still revealed. My purpose is to know where people are coming from. That's all.

I am not the call out police. I won't arrest people for not calling out. But for trading fun, call out are greatly exciting. This is why you are attracted to these threads, where lulz is abound, and occasionally money can be observed to be made. In the case of foroom, money could be observed to be lost.

The threads I don't usually keep up to date with are those featuring live call-outs. This is for day-traders, I don't do that.

Trend-followers don't post much. There isn't much to post about. There can't be much debate about whether price on a given time-frame chart is rising or falling. Tactics rather than prices are interesting. But for lulz I go elsewhere. Though you and foroom are fun: but I don't understand what foroom is on about most of the time while I think you and I trade on different planes entirely.

PS: Forgot this.
Yes, I have no idea which signal will work. Most work. Sometimes the one with my best set-up criteria fails. Sometimes the one with the worst set-up criteria wins. So every trade gets a stop-loss. Every loser gets cut. Every winner gets run. Happy days.

If you included psychology , it is most likely he will blow up , with revenge trades etc.You obviously don't have understanding of trading psychology , or a lack of it's application in real trading.

It does not matter , if 55% or 80 % , in all cases if he reaches 55% he will most certainly reach 100% .

What matters is that it demonstrates your willingness to post any random thought that comes in to your head, and then present it as treasured knowledge which should be followed without question.

You don't know sh1t about anything related to trading, psychology and now maths, and people (especially those new to this site) should be made aware of that.

Is that the same line of thinking that you apply to your draws?

:idea: DAMMIT!! That didnt go as expectecd! Fecking -20%!!... Never mind , ill prolly make it back so ill just tell the boys im -1%. Oh look theres another +2% come in on my long short FTSE position so im up +++1% on the week boys! :smart: :idea:

giphy.gif

The threads I don't usually keep up to date with are those featuring live call-outs. This is for day-traders, I don't do that.

Trend-followers don't post much. There isn't much to post about. There can't be much debate about whether price on a given time-frame chart is rising or falling. Tactics rather than prices are interesting. But for lulz I go elsewhere. Though you and foroom are fun: but I don't understand what foroom is on about most of the time while I think you and I trade on different planes entirely.

Swing trades and trend trades can't be called out in advance?

Swing trades and trend trades can't be called out in advance?

Yes they can, but I don't feel the need to play this game. You go ahead.

I've always been happy to post strategy and tactics, and anyone can draw trades from them if they wish. I use T2W etc. to refine strategy and tactics, not to copy trades or get kudos for my great trades or lulz from other people's losers.

I don't feel the need to have my trading manhood measured on a table-top. And especially not to have it judged by people who haven't earned any particular respect from me.

What matters is that it demonstrates your willingness to post any random thought that comes in to your head, and then present it as treasured knowledge which should be followed without question.

You don't know sh1t about anything related to trading, psychology and now maths, and people (especially those new to this site) should be made aware of that.

“I think investment psychology is by far the more important element, followed by risk control, with the least important consideration being the question of where you buy and sell.” – Tom Basso

We could also agree or disagree , that most gurus are clueless about successful trading , trading psychology and risk , that noobs should be made aware of that too,