Be Wary of Surcaptrading

I contacted SurCap trading about their funding options for traders. They claim they back traders without any fees or hidden costs. I sent some third party audited records with good performance but they wanted to see real-time performance. At first, they direct me to open a Forex account at a little known Cyprus based forex broker. But, when I told them I'm from the US and trade futures, Brett Houghton stated I'd need to send $600 instead.

The original terms he sent involved producing a 4% return over 20 days. The catch is that they limit you to 100k notional value. This equated to over 52% return unleveraged with no overnight exposure! After I explained how ridiculous this was, he agreed to accept some new terms that we felt were reasonable which allowed for trading more contracts.

At the point we agreed on the terms, I asked for him to show me some evidence that they really have the capability to back traders. I suggested that a short email from his broker would be ideal stating that he had sub accounts with active trading, evidence of a CME lease or membership, trading statments from the previous week, or anything else convincing he could produce would suffice. At this point, he replied that that he'd be ending our correspondence.

Based on his evasive behavior and lack of credentials, I would advise extreme caution should you decide to deal with this "firm".

I second this. The replies I got from him were identical. As soon as my questions became more thorough, I stopped receiving replies.

Their currentb assets minus liabilities are available here https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/surcap something like 7000 GBP

And they just moved from a downtown London virtual address to another in downtown New York; plus changed their registration fee currency from GBP to USD.

Company to watch out for....seems set to go places.

any further update on this firm? Anyone been accepted? I feel the DD for the returns they look for is a bit unrealistic. They are looking for 2.5% (roughly) DD on trial period.

As they are giving 70% profit to the trader, may be that's why such restriction. Also during the trial period one need to make 55% win rate minimum to stay put.

To me prop trading firms are like CBI, FBI or MI6 type institution, wants only the best of the best.

As they are giving 70% profit to the trader, may be that's why such restriction. Also during the trial period one need to make 55% win rate minimum to stay put.

To me prop trading firms are like CBI, FBI or MI6 type institution, wants only the best of the best.

Yes I feel this is reasonable as they allow for overnight positions now but would still be a challenge.

What I don't quite grasp is 10 days for a trial period and then if successful they can allocate you $200k straight away? After only 10 days of showing good results I think that's a bit of a short period to judge someones trading if your going to allocate them large funds?

Cheers